The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Season 5 info: 2k3 turtles confirmed for second crossover, with original Voice Actors

April Fools!

Seriously though, I think this idea would've been great considering the second crossover is a 3 parter. What are your thoughts?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor

If you want to make it a April Fools joke, make sure it's new, not the same one from last year.

Also April fools ends at 12, you were 21 mins late.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Nice try lol

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
If you want to make it a April Fools joke, make sure it's new, not the same one from last year.

Also April fools ends at 12, you were 21 mins late.
Someone doesn't really have a sense of humor.

I thought it was a good one. The whole day I was on my guard and I fell for it anyway.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Y'all must be way ahead, it's still only just after noon on April Fool's Day
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
Someone doesn't really have a sense of humor.

I thought it was a good one. The whole day I was on my guard and I fell for it anyway.
I do have a sense of humour, Neatoman April Fools joke was the best one

I didn't fell for it because we had this joke last year from Brandon Auman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqkp3uI...=brandon_auman

I would have liked a completely new one not a old joke.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I do have a sense of humour, Neatoman April Fools joke was the best one

I didn't fell for it because we had this joke last year from Brandon Auman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqkp3uI...=brandon_auman

I would have liked a completely new one not a old joke.
Last year ..... and right now XDDDD https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWZfAxhdA5/
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Did he ran out of ideas or something.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #9
ToTheNines
[sic]

It's funny to see all those IG commenters getting worked up. Even if they did do this, the Nick writers would just try to say Ch'rell was a Nick Utrom, or Demon Shredder was the father of Koga Takuza. Or another equally lazy attempt at half-baked world building. They'd also lampoon the sh*t out of the 4kids turtles and amplify their melodramatic side, causing much butthurt in the fandom.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't even imagine what the 2k3 Turtles would look like in CG.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Fingers crossed that the 2k3 turtles Atleast make a small cameo. The crossover will be 3 episodes long, it can't be that hard to put them in.

Maybe Auman isn't completely joking Vicky lol. The upcoming crossover is 3 episodes long, he's done this "joke" twice so I'm betting we'll get a reference like a scene in turtles forever where they're showing all the turtle realities.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They'd also lampoon the sh*t out of the 4kids turtles and amplify their melodramatic side, causing much butthurt in the fandom.
Where have I heard something like this before? Hmmmm
Old 04-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Where have I heard something like this before? Hmmmm
I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve a little of their own medicine lol. But people tend to give Transdimensional Turtles a pass, even if it painted FW in a very negative light at times. They probably forgave it because the real VA's were there.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I'm not saying they wouldn't deserve a little of their own medicine lol. But people tend to give Transdimensional Turtles a pass, even if it painted FW in a very negative light at times. They probably forgave it because the real VA's were there.
As a huge FW fan who watched all the episodes, I found Transdimensional Turtles just fine. The turtles running out for pizza without wearing disguises was completely understandable, they did that all the time since they were public heroes in their world. They were even confused when the 2k12 turtles grabbed them, and the FW turtles started being serious when they realized they weren't supposed to be seen in the 2k12 world.

However in turtles forever, they ignored people screaming around them, weren't aware they were in a different dimension (even after the 2k3 turtles stared them in the face), robbed the store and then ran away from the police, all while trying to ignore the plot. The same scene played out quite differently.

I don't believe in revenge though, and if the 2k3 turtles appeared, Id not want them exaggerated at all and with the original VAs.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-01-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #16
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D? I could see the current team manage to make their world look near identical to the original show with a bit of hard work.

I feel like Brandon's "jokes" have some truth to them, even if its just gonna be a reference.

edit: I dig those 3D designs Nines posted. Remember when people said they couldn't imagine the FW designs in 3D? Same situation here, and when they show their designs, everyone's gonna be drooling in amazement.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-01-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D? I could see the current team manage to make their world look near identical to the original show with a bit of hard work.

I feel like Brandon's "jokes" have some truth to them, even if its just gonna be a reference.
All 2D cartoons are done digitally on computers these days, but it's still 2D.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post

Jokes that disappoint people kind of suck (and can purposely be badly intended by some people which comes across a little malicious). Why Neatoman's was good, it plays the relief angle.

Not that I assume Brandon Auman meant it badly then or now, but... eh, it could still be a small jab.

Quote:
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2k3 show technically CG animated despite being 2D?
I suppose technically since "CG" would mean "computer generated" that would be the case if the series made use of computers.

Why those that use 3D animation is and should be more accurately referred to as 3D since there is a big difference between that and the creation of computer-made 2D. (Although some 3D software does have the ability to give 3D a somewhat 2D look, but may not be worth that amount of effort if regular 2D would suffice.) Though 3D is a bit more literally "generated" by it since it doesn't require creating every frame by hand; if 2D software can generate the 'in-betweens' now, that's a new one on me. (And a loss of jobs in the industry.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-01-2017 at 01:47 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
As a huge FW fan who watched all the episodes, I found Transdimensional Turtles just fine. The turtles running out for pizza without wearing disguises was completely understandable, they did that all the time since they were public heroes in their world. They were even confused when the 2k12 turtles grabbed them, and the FW turtles started being serious when they realized they weren't supposed to be seen in the 2k12 world.

However in turtles forever, they ignored people screaming around them, weren't aware they were in a different dimension (even after the 2k3 turtles stared them in the face), robbed the store and then ran away from the police, all while trying to ignore the plot. The same scene played out quite differently.

I don't believe in revenge though, and if the 2k3 turtles appeared, Id not want them exaggerated at all and with the original VAs.
Even though Nick Raph called the FW fighting style totally lame? And Nick Leo kept telling them to shut the fu*k up with the "Turtle power!"?

I mean yeah, there was no inexplicable noogies and wet-willlies and mutant bowling balls. But it was still pretty disrespectful in other ways. Plus the FW gang saved the day in TF with their exploding throwing stars, didn't really get that big of a moment in Transdimensional.

About revenge... I'd say the damage is already done anyways. Mirage Raph called them all pussies lol.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 04-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #20
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Even though Nick Raph called the FW fighting style totally lame? And Nick Leo kept telling them to shut the fu*k up with the "Turtle power!"
That was the Nick turtles saying that and not a problem with the FW turtles portrayal. Even then, Raph only said that for one line and Nick Leo said Turtle Power himself by the end.

The difference here is that the jabs were at things actually in the show so it was funny and didn't feel disrespectful. FW Leo did yell turtle power all the damn time and the turtles did fight using pizzas and fire hydrants. Whereas I don't ever recall the 80s turtles ignoring screaming people on the streets and robbing pizza stores like in Turtles Forever, while giggling all the way throughout.

Since the 80s turtles were competent in the Nick crossover, they didn't need a moment like the shooting stars just to prove "we can fight too! See! We're competent!". I was quite content with the Nick and FW turtles defeating Kraang Subprime together using team-work, showed both teams are skilled and competent without bashing either.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 04-01-2017 at 02:31 PM.