The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 05:37 PM   #141
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
90$? For a DVD boxset in 2018? The hell with that, you can get the complete collection of Star Trek TNG for 75$, on Blu-Ray! And it's nearly twice as long in total runtime! And also, you know, Star Trek TNG is way more enjoyable as a whole.
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Gen...ration+blu+ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I would like to double dip but not at that price.
The price is something I didn't think about until later. Like I said earlier, it seems to have the same kind of casing the The Sabrina the Teenage Witch complete series set has, and just has one less disc. The STTW set doesn't even cost that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Just give us a Blu-Ray already.
Quote:
"Choppy animation and obvious errors in glorious HD! Notice the flaws even easier because the picture is 2,25 times clearer!"

Eh... OK, I guess it would technically still look better? And there's the benefit of maybe having more episodes per disc? I'm just not sure the sharper image is really necessary for a show like, just make the DVDs cheaper.
I know that foreign countries have done that sort of thing, but I'm not sure if American companies can. An official from this company called Shout! Factory said that they could lose their license to put out material on Blu-ray if they only stuffed a load of episodes on one Blu-ray disc without enhancing the picture quality and sound. I'm aware that a company called Discotek has done that with Fist of the North Star, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and Samurai Pizza Cats. I'm not sure how they get away with that, but there's probably a reason why it's not something widely practiced, illegal or not.

Mill Creek Entertainment once announced plans to put out He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on Blu-ray, but then plans were scrapped when they found out that they don't have the proper masters for it. World Events Productions was even going to put out Voltron: Fleet of Doom on Blu-ray, and canceled that probably for the same reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Will any store besides Amazon have it? I don’t feel like paying that price for it to show up at my door with a smashed DVD box and stickers placed all over the DVD box.
Family Video has a listing for it too, for $52.

https://www.familyvideo.com/teenage-...ion-set-526574

I'm pretty sure other stores will be selling it, and maybe even for a better price than even that. I got my turtle van set for $55 at DVD Empire when they had a Black Friday sale in 2012. With shipping, it came out to $58 rounded off, and they didn't charge me the tax. So if I can get a really good deal on this set, then I won't mind replacing it with my turtle van set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:42 PM   #142
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Cool, thanks for the info dude!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #143
sdp
Megan Fox = April

13 years later and the box art is still awful

Only way I'd be interested is if it were the whole show in like 1 BR disc. Multi-Disc sets are so 00's.

I wish the OT would get the love and care the He-Man and Transformers DVDs seem to have gotten*.

*Seem since I'm not a fan of those franchises so I don't actually know but from what I recall they at least tried remastering them somewhat.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:07 PM   #144
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I don't even care about extra features or even HD quality for a show like FW tmnt to be honest.

Just give me a Blu-Ray Disc with all 193 episodes and thats good enough for me.

Assuming each Standard Definition Episode is about 250 mb (which was about the size of the episodes at their best quality on Youtube before being taken down), One 50Gb Double Layered Blu-Ray should be able to comfortably fit every single episode with plenty of space to spare for anything else (menus etc.)

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-31-2018 at 08:37 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:29 PM   #145
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The case looks to be one of those oversized DVD cases though, like the one that was used for things like the complete series set of Sabrina the Teenage Witch
So you think it will be something like this? I hate how Amazon does not have good pictures showing potential customers what they are purchasing.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:17 AM   #146
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
So you think it will be something like this? I hate how Amazon does not have good pictures showing potential customers what they are purchasing.

Yes, exactly something like that. Still, I'll have to say that I'm not too big on that packaging.

Amazon's image for the STTW set doesn't show much, but at least customers have uploaded pictures to show people what to expect.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #147
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
So Lionsgate actually is re-releasing a complete series set of the original series, and it's actually in shelf-friendly packaging.
Just scrolled down that page and kind of ironic yet sad to see the first user comment from 2014 boxset say "The re-issue is EXACTLY like the 2012 version"

Come on Lionsgate, how many times are you just going to keep re-releasing the same thing with nothing extra to make people want it?

Quote:
Just give us a Blu-Ray already.
Agreed. With extras.

Quote:
"Choppy animation and obvious errors in glorious HD! Notice the flaws even easier because the picture is 2,25 times clearer!"
I think any improvement in terms of visual quality could help the show actually so I'm all for that.

Quote:
I don't even care about extra features or even HD quality for a show like FW tmnt to be honest.
If you aren't interested in any extras or learning about the making of the show can't you just pick up the KSM blu-ray set from Germany?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #148
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
If you aren't interested in any extras or learning about the making of the show can't you just pick up the KSM blu-ray set from Germany?
I'm not sure about the KSM, but I will admit, I came off as a little harsh by saying I didn't care about the show not being in HD

What I meant was that, due to Lionsgate taking so long to do anything, that I would just be thankful for a Blu-Ray release in SD quality with no extra features at this point.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #149
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm not sure about the KSM, but I will admit, I came off as a little harsh by saying I didn't care about the show not being in HD

What I meant was that, due to Lionsgate taking so long to do anything, that I would just be thankful for a Blu-Ray release in SD quality with no extra features at this point.
I guess it depends how desperate you are for the blu-ray set. So far KSM is the only company that has released the show on blu-ray so that will be your best option. I'd only want TMNT on blu-ray if they gave us something better than just a barebones release.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:12 AM   #150
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Just scrolled down that page and kind of ironic yet sad to see the first user comment from 2014 boxset say "The re-issue is EXACTLY like the 2012 version"
They were only bringing it back since they discontinued it some time after its initial release in 2012. Now this time, they're just releasing it in shelf-friendly packaging. After the turtle van version's reissue, it was discontinued again. There was some news about another reissue, and it said that it's possible that the packaging could be different, and it actually is this time around. It may be the same discs with the same content as all the other releases, but now they're in a case that can fit on a shelf.

At this point, I personally don't expect any new content.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #151
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
They were only bringing it back since they discontinued it some time after its initial release in 2012. Now this time, they're just releasing it in shelf-friendly packaging. After the turtle van version's reissue, it was discontinued again. There was some news about another reissue, and it said that it's possible that the packaging could be different, and it actually is this time around. It may be the same discs with the same content as all the other releases, but now they're in a case that can fit on a shelf.

At this point, I personally don't expect any new content.
I do hope the next reissue brings with it some more content than just the episodes.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #152
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The only hope we have is that once DVD dies for good and an alternative to 4K BR comes along for a decent physical release of the turtles.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #153
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
So Lionsgate actually is re-releasing a complete series set of the original series, and it's actually in shelf-friendly packaging. The case looks to be one of those oversized DVD cases though, like the one that was used for things like the complete series set of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

https://www.amazon.com/Tmnt-Complete...=ninja+turtles
damn, was really hoping for the Technodrome packaging

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #154
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I do hope the next reissue brings with it some more content than just the episodes.
I might be misunderstanding you, but even some of the single season sets had special features. They'd be in the turtle van version too, and they'll also be in the regular version coming next week. So I was saying that I wouldn't have expected any new bonus features in that. Again, it's just a shelf-friendly version.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #155
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I might be misunderstanding you, but even some of the single season sets had special features. They'd be in the turtle van version too, and they'll also be in the regular version coming next week. So I was saying that I wouldn't have expected any new bonus features in that. Again, it's just a shelf-friendly version.
I'm talking new stuff. The original small extras were hardly comprehensive for such a big TV show like this one. We should be treated to something like what Time Life did with The Real Ghostbusters.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #156
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I'm talking new stuff. The original small extras were hardly comprehensive for such a big TV show like this one. We should be treated to something like what Time Life did with The Real Ghostbusters.
At least they're offering it in not so fancy packaging now. I just think the MSRP should be lower. I just hope it has an episode-to-disc configuration insert like the turtle van version has. This wasn't going to have any new features.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #157
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

What's the best place to get all the fw tmnt series ? With all the episodes and none missing
Does that van set include them all ?
Old 06-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #158
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
What's the best place to get all the fw tmnt series ?
Technically speaking, it's Piratebay.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:31 AM   #159
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
What's the best place to get all the fw tmnt series ? With all the episodes and none missing
Does that van set include them all ?
Yes it does, yet there are a couple out of order. Those would be "Once Upon a Time Machine" and the two-part "Planet of the Turtleoids". The former should be among the fourth season episodes, and the latter should be among the fifth season episodes. They were finally put out on the disc for the tenth season as bonus episodes.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:51 AM   #160
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

I'm really glad that the complete series is getting a shelf friendly re-release. I have the first three seasons of the show on DVD which I got incredibly cheap years ago and I wouldn't mind getting this set but I will definitely wait until the price comes down or until I can find it way cheaper. I love the show for nostalgia reasons but lets not kid ourselves because the show is really silly and I would mostly pop in my dvds of it for background noise and very casual viewing. I really do hate the artwork for this set and for some of the previous sets. Why do products for the FW show always use such awful art for the characters? I would love to see some fan made package art for this complete series set that we could use instead of what they're giving us