Mad Scientist

TMNT #150. Preview and discussion

First preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

"A bloody end?'

We know they're not going to kill off any of the characters, as Jennika and the others are already in the relaunch issues. It's too bad they can't kill off Lita, Bob, Carmen, Jennika, etc. because we know they'll all still be around.

Armaggon is so boring in IDW I wish they never used him and instead just some other character with the same name. Archie Armaggon > Nick Armaggon >>>>> IDW Armaggon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:15 PM   #3
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

The reboot is coming, so Campbell is very eager to fulfill her AU prophecy in #139, no matter how silly. Like I still don't understand why future Donnie is a mad wizard instead of a mad scientist?
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 08:57 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
"A bloody end?'

We know they're not going to kill off any of the characters, as Jennika and the others are already in the relaunch issues. It's too bad they can't kill off Lita, Bob, Carmen, Jennika, etc. because we know they'll all still be around.

Armaggon is so boring in IDW I wish they never used him and instead just some other character with the same name. Archie Armaggon > Nick Armaggon >>>>> IDW Armaggon.
Same goes for The Punk Frogs, Razhar and Tokka, Groundchuck and Dirtbag.I could go on.

Agreed on the above as well. Let's just be rid of them!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Punk Frogs were handled alright, an improvement over the originals not that it matters. Groundchuck/Dirtbag was fun with the combined version too, it's not like they really serve much purpose besides being more mutant henchmen.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:22 PM   #6
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I actually really enjoyed IDW's take on Tokka and Rahzar. Took their basic DNA from SOTO only without the restrictions of a family-friendly movie forcing them to be mostly slapsticky foils with a lot of strength. Them downing Karai's transport and their tussle with both the Turtles and B&R really show off their potential to be actually really cool, dangerous threats when they're riled up. I just wish that they had been allowed to stick around with Karai's crew instead of being whisked to the future after four issues.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

I'm not sure why anyone cares about Tokka and Rahzar in the first place. They were basically created to replace Bebop and Rocksteady because they suck as characters, and yet somehow ended up being even worse.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:22 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm not sure why anyone cares about Tokka and Rahzar in the first place. They were basically created to replace Bebop and Rocksteady because they suck as characters, and yet somehow ended up being even worse.
It just proves that with enough time (certain) people get nostalgic for just about anything.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 02:11 AM   #9
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I actually really enjoyed IDW's take on Tokka and Rahzar. Took their basic DNA from SOTO only without the restrictions of a family-friendly movie forcing them to be mostly slapsticky foils with a lot of strength. Them downing Karai's transport and their tussle with both the Turtles and B&R really show off their potential to be actually really cool, dangerous threats when they're riled up. I just wish that they had been allowed to stick around with Karai's crew instead of being whisked to the future after four issues.
They are still babies, which mean the turtles can't even hurt them. Even if they commit irreparable crimes, they may be easily forgiven because they are babies.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:54 AM   #10
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

It seems they're retconning the fact that the IDW Turtles were originally sea turtles (which, to be fair, was always a really weird choice to me)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:27 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Honestly it's kinda sad that IDW TMNT reaching issue #150, which is an amazing milestone when you realize this comic started back in 2011, isn't really met with much excitement....but rather relief that Sophie Campbell's run is finally over.

This should be a huge milestone for the book and an epic story arc, but instead it's just meh, with people hoping it doesn't do much more damage to the narrative before it ends. When IDW TMNT first started none of us ever believed it could last this long, 150 issues over almost 14 years is an insane run, and instead we're just glad this portion of the series is over.

At the very least there's a chance for IDW TMNT to bounce back with Jason Aaron's run, and I'm glad they're not rebooting and sticking to the same universe after everything they built up. Let's just hope for better days ahead.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:52 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I've been thinking a lot about the IDW run recently since I started making some custom MTG cards based on it and have been rereading it, and I have to say there is so much more good than bad, but yeah there has been a lot of forgettable (or stuff I WISH was forgettable) in the past couple years, but I think shaking things up with a new #1 and a new creative team is the right move at this time.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 05:09 PM   #13
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Honestly it's kinda sad that IDW TMNT reaching issue #150, which is an amazing milestone when you realize this comic started back in 2011, isn't really met with much excitement....but rather relief that Sophie Campbell's run is finally over.

This should be a huge milestone for the book and an epic story arc, but instead it's just meh,
This is the main problem with Campbell and Waltz. They came out with some ideas that I like conceptually but go too big or don't give themselves time to explore them. Everything is rushed.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #14
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Hopefully Jason Aaron’s run on tmnt would put idw tmnt back on track. Like maybe adding lord dregg as the new big bad and forgotten plot lines for it.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM   #15
DexVcx
Random Punk

Quote:

This should be a huge milestone for the book and an epic story arc, but instead it's just meh, with people hoping it doesn't do much more damage to the narrative before it ends. When IDW TMNT first started none of us ever believed it could last this long, 150 issues over almost 14 years is an insane run, and instead we're just glad this portion of the series is over.

At the very least there's a chance for IDW TMNT to bounce back with Jason Aaron's run, and I'm glad they're not rebooting and sticking to the same universe after everything they built up. Let's just hope for better days ahead.
Argee, i dont feel any excitement of this milestone because there is nothing to be excited just want it to be over and done with this garbage era. So jason aaron can atleast fix and salvage this series.
DexVcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:04 AM   #16
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

IDW turtles have become so boring and unlikeable, they actually had no real character development. The writers clearly favor some villains and other characters.

Last edited by TheLabRat; 04-10-2024 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:08 AM   #17
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
IDW turtles have become so boring and unlikeable, they actually had no real character development. The writers clearly favor some villains and other characters.
Sounds like someone doesn't read the comic How the **** could you say that otherwise?
Old 04-11-2024, 03:08 AM   #18
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Hopefully Jason Aaron’s run on tmnt would put idw tmnt back on track. Like maybe adding lord dregg as the new big bad and forgotten plot lines for it.
If the reboot get worse, it could be like Todd Howard/Bethesda trashed Black Isle/Obsidian New Vegas in the new Fallout TV show.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:48 PM   #19
DexVcx
Random Punk

Its so confusing we dont even know when this issue comes out it says April 14 then the 24. There's nothing to build up to lmao.
DexVcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:21 PM   #20
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexVcx View Post
Its so confusing we dont even know when this issue comes out it says April 14 then the 24. There's nothing to build up to lmao.
It's was originally listed for April 10th and has been pushed back twice, first to the 17th and then to the 24th.