The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #101
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've been assuming Gothano's hood is part of his body, so I'm not sure we ever could actually see his face.

But I personally am going to go for him being Mister Beaky, like a proper octopus
Old 06-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #102
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Gothano gives me the creeps
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #103
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Damn, this a great book.

So re: Kitsune's plans for Shredder... my guess for years now has been that Kitsune is playing Shredder. He may think that she's loyal to him, that she loves him, yadda yadda... but to Kitsune, Oroku Saki is just a means to an end. Everything she's done for him, even bearing his children, she did with her long-term goal of turning him into a vessel for her father in mind. He's a tool, and he's been too blinded by his ego to see it.

So my guess is... we eventually get Shredder back, but when he realizes what Kitsune has been up to all this time, he's not too happy about it. So he helps the Turtles defeat Kitsune...

...then goes on to conquer and become even more of a badass than he was before he died in #50.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #104
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So....basically this is would be happening?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #105
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
Damn, this a great book.

So re: Kitsune's plans for Shredder... my guess for years now has been that Kitsune is playing Shredder. He may think that she's loyal to him, that she loves him, yadda yadda... but to Kitsune, Oroku Saki is just a means to an end. Everything she's done for him, even bearing his children, she did with her long-term goal of turning him into a vessel for her father in mind. He's a tool, and he's been too blinded by his ego to see it.

So my guess is... we eventually get Shredder back, but when he realizes what Kitsune has been up to all this time, he's not too happy about it. So he helps the Turtles defeat Kitsune...

...then goes on to conquer and become even more of a badass than he was before he died in #50.
I have a hard time imagining any other outcome for the situation that isn't along these lines.

Then again, I'm no writer and certainly not as brilliant as the IDW folks. Must be a reason why.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:40 AM   #106
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, this issue is getting universal praise everywhere, but this site trashed it and gave it the lowest review score in a long time:

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...les-71-review/

Sometimes I check out this sites TMNT reviews out of curiosity, but I honestly wonder if this guy doesn't get the book. He reviewed most of the previous IDW issues too if you want to see.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #107
Powder
So tired of this place

It was easily one of the best issues of the entire series, & that's with turtles in only one panel.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #108
Ninjinister
無問題

I wonder why they don't just have Dr. Spengler write all of their TMNT stuff, since he already does write for the site... unless it's because it'd draw too much away from Entity...?
Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 AM   #109
SDCC
Foot Soldier

First off, I just read the Adventures in Poor Taste review, and I don't get what that guy is on about at all. I went back and read some others, and he repeats himself. Points made, review, points reiterated. It's the same thing written three different ways.

Anyway...I liked it! The link below is to my review.

http://superdstuff.com/tmnt-71-comic-book-review/
Old 07-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #110
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I don’t even want to know how this motley crew is related to each other.
He didn't read the issue. End of story. I "Meh" his review myself.

The dialogue was anything but circular, in fact it was wonderfully on point and made you realize where it was headed soon enough so that you could scoot to the edge of your seat and keep reading in rapt fascination until Kitsune made her big reveal.

It was a superb installment, so much so that I'd even call it (given the absence of the Turtles and the focus on the villains) the #37 of this bunch of 50 issues.

How much better does a comic get than when it has you thinking that any of its supporting characters could get a spin-off and do just fine, I wonder?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #111
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, this issue is getting universal praise everywhere, but this site trashed it and gave it the lowest review score in a long time:

Sometimes I check out this sites TMNT reviews out of curiosity, but I honestly wonder if this guy doesn't get the book. He reviewed most of the previous IDW issues too if you want to see.
Maybe cause the Turtles weren't in the whole issue, and they only show up at the end?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #112
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
He didn't read the issue. End of story. I "Meh" his review myself.

The dialogue was anything but circular, in fact it was wonderfully on point and made you realize where it was headed soon enough so that you could scoot to the edge of your seat and keep reading in rapt fascination until Kitsune made her big reveal.

It was a superb installment, so much so that I'd even call it (given the absence of the Turtles and the focus on the villains) the #37 of this bunch of 50 issues.

How much better does a comic get than when it has you thinking that any of its supporting characters could get a spin-off and do just fine, I wonder?
Yeah, like a lot of reviewers this one seems guilty of just skimming the series, which is an inexcusable fault if you're going to post a review for the whole internet
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:40 AM   #113
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I wonder why they don't just have Dr. Spengler write all of their TMNT stuff, since he already does write for the site... unless it's because it'd draw too much away from Entity...?
I can to that same conclusion. Spengler is like Peter Park who was not a full-time employee but paid by the assignment( I forget the term Peter used). Spengler runs another site and would likely be referring to the rival review site he owns. If he did not already review it on his own site he would do it for the lunkhead at Adventures In Poor Taste.

I love the sense of continuity of this series. The Street Phantoms cloaks playing a part here. I was half expecting the anti-gravity gauntlet to move the rats away and maybe some comedy at The Pantheon's confusion. Also, did it have ot Michelangelo that gave them away? The TMNT spying on the meeting was a given, we all saw that coming yet the parts we can predict are not effected and enjoyed just the same.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:40 AM   #114
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:

that guy's a clown, i've seen his Tmnt reviews in the past.
most of the time they are relatively low scores, usually in the 4 out of 10 range.
makes you wonder why the idiot even bothers reading/reviewing Tmnt comics since he obviously doesn't really enjoy them all that much?
what a goon!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #115
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I love the sense of continuity of this series. The Street Phantoms cloaks playing a part here. I was half expecting the anti-gravity gauntlet to move the rats away and maybe some comedy at The Pantheon's confusion. Also, did it have ot Michelangelo that gave them away? The TMNT spying on the meeting was a given, we all saw that coming yet the parts we can predict are not effected and enjoyed just the same.
Agreed, the Street Phantom cloaks making a comeback really elevated the Chasing Phantoms arc even further in hindsight and made them that extra bit more than just "Oh, cannon fodder to show how badass Splinter and the Foot are".

My only question is, didn't Harold have those last time we checked? Huh.

Must've been awkward for Donnie to go back and get them, maybe we'll see it in #72?
Old 07-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #116
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Agreed, the Street Phantom cloaks making a comeback really elevated the Chasing Phantoms arc even further in hindsight and made them that extra bit more than just "Oh, cannon fodder to show how badass Splinter and the Foot are".

My only question is, didn't Harold have those last time we checked? Huh.
last time we saw the Street Phantoms in cloaks, it was at the end of issue #64.
they were on their knees before Splinter and he was ordering his Foot Soldiers to remove their cloaks.
by this point Libby was injured and Harold had just told off Donnie and renounces their friendship.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #117
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, Splinter obviously stripped the Street Phantoms of their cloaks and gear, rendering them as nothing more than common street thugs now. I think it would be interesting if Jammerhead returns as a cyborg similar to his cartoon incarnation, but I doubt we'll see him again so it probably won't happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #118
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, Splinter obviously stripped the Street Phantoms of their cloaks and gear, rendering them as nothing more than common street thugs now. I think it would be interesting if Jammerhead returns as a cyborg similar to his cartoon incarnation, but I doubt we'll see him again so it probably won't happen.
he didn't really have much of a purpose other than what he's already served.
my guess is his story's probably done.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #119
swing_kinker
Thug

Don't get why people get upset at reviews. just one fella's opinion, doesn't change yours. Enjoyed this issue personally and its definitely setting up a new and interesting direction for the book. I liked Wachter's designs but can't wait to see Mateus' takes on the likes of Gothano.
swing_kinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #120
myconius
Abby Normal

i get confused about people that claim not to enjoy something, yet keep at it anyway.