The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Post-TNG Picard series

Aaand it's official. The next CBS All Access Star Trek series will star Sir Patrick Stewart as Picard and will be post-TNG. Focusing on "the next chapter" in Picard's life. Whatever that means.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-...an-luc-picard/

Patrick just posted this on FB:

"I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more."

Last edited by Raph's Girl; 08-04-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Vegita-San
Emperor

PLEASE be good.

re unite the old team. Keep JJ and Discovery crew FARRRR away from it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'll be he uses the Holographic deck to pretend he's running the American CIA.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

I look forward to cameos from the rest of the TNG cast, no doubt Riker and Worf will show, and of course Data. Maybe some DS9 or Voyager characters too.

At least Star Trek: Nemesis now won't be the last appearance of Picard and maybe some of the others on-screen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I will support the f*** out of this. But still, I'm cautious about what shape this will take. If it's just some edgy black ops team going on adventures (like STD), with just Picard doing occasional token appearances? Eh... but hell, even then... cool.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:38 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hopefully, if this takes off and lasts long enough, we can see cameo appearances by Riker, Data, Troi, and Crusher. And maybe they can work in Michael Dorn as a supporting character... He has been wanting a Worf spinoff for years!

I'd love to see cameo appearances by Janeway, Sisko, Seven, Bashir, Odo, and the Doctor!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hopefully, if this takes off and lasts long enough, we can see cameo appearances by Riker, Data, Troi, and Crusher. And maybe they can work in Michael Dorn as a supporting character... He has been wanting a Worf spinoff for years!

I'd love to see cameo appearances by Janeway, Sisko, Seven, Bashir, Odo, and the Doctor!
If they show up (and we can be sure they will), it would be far bigger than mere cameos.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I will support the f*** out of this. But still, I'm cautious about what shape this will take. If it's just some edgy black ops team going on adventures (like STD), with just Picard doing occasional token appearances? Eh... but hell, even then... cool.
I see it being more like the episode "Family." Hopefully with the occasional visit from some old Enterprise crewmates.

I'm in.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:24 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just hope Ahab isn't out to hunt his whale again. Movie Picard is worst Picard.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just wish Patrick Stewart wasn't 78 years old, by the time this show starts filming he'll be 79. I just hope he's healthy enough in his 80's to keep this going for awhile.

A real shame they didn't get to do this back in say....2010 or so, when he was a lot younger.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 AM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

I felt a little like that to a point with SW although they were younger.

I like Stewart as an actor, I was more for the original ST crew but Picard really did grow on me. I'll take a look at this when it airs.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Star Trek: Picard

https://www-hollywoodreporter-com.cd...www.google.com

Honestly, this is exactly what I was hoping for! If anyone can make that plot point from Star Trek 2009 compelling, it's Sir Patrick Stewart!
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yes, "Countdown" is canon
Sure sounds like it, or probably the broad strokes of it. I own that, that's the only IDW Trek comic I do.

My only thing, and it's a super, super nitpicky thing and I only mention it because it's us and it's here... OK. So, post-Nemesis, Spock disappears into the Abramsverse... and there's not, like, the mother of all investigations into it? i.e., we need to go and save him from whatever f***ed up piece of [creatively] broken time he ended up in, like at precisely the moment he arrived in? It's the kind of thing that would be solved in 1 episode of anything.

Mostly I'm sad that the real Star Trek timeline has no idea what happened to Spock. In their eyes, he tried to save Romulus and failed. Probably in others' eyes, he helped cause it. Or maybe there's story potential in the controversy.

Though maybe I solved my own dilemma. They probably assume he just died, not going through time and splinter dimensions or whatever. No one even knew that was a property of mystery box matter.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-09-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #16
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Sure sounds like it, or probably the broad strokes of it. I own that, that's the only IDW Trek comic I do.

My only thing, and it's a super, super nitpicky thing and I only mention it because it's us and it's here... OK. So, post-Nemesis, Spock disappears into the Abramsverse... and there's not, like, the mother of all investigations into it? i.e., we need to go and save him from whatever f***ed up piece of [creatively] broken time he ended up in, like at precisely the moment he arrived in? It's the kind of thing that would be solved in 1 episode of anything.

Mostly I'm sad that the real Star Trek timeline has no idea what happened to Spock. In their eyes, he tried to save Romulus and failed. Probably in others' eyes, he helped cause it. Or maybe there's story potential in the controversy.

Though maybe I solved my own dilemma. They probably assume he just died, not going through time and splinter dimensions or whatever. No one even knew that was a property of mystery box matter.
That. If Jim Kirk was still around, or Bones McCoy wasn't pushing 170, then yeah, somebody would poke around and investigate.

But weighing the importance of one elderly Vulcan ambassador against an entire antagonistic empire that has just completely destabilized...
Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That. If Jim Kirk was still around, or Bones McCoy wasn't pushing 170, then yeah, somebody would poke around and investigate.

But weighing the importance of one elderly Vulcan ambassador against an entire antagonistic empire that has just completely destabilized...
True, true...
Old 03-03-2019, 01:06 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Character breakdowns? Apparently.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-pi...er-breakdowns/

Eh... jeeze. I'm reading these and I'm just imagining the kind of series direction they'll do. And it sounds like more "Edgy Trek"... but I'm also imagining Stewart around trying to corral these foos and it being... pretty OK. But I dunno.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:10 AM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Why does this read a lot like Crusade?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Character breakdowns? Apparently.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-pi...er-breakdowns/

Eh... jeeze. I'm reading these and I'm just imagining the kind of series direction they'll do. And it sounds like more "Edgy Trek"... but I'm also imagining Stewart around trying to corral these foos and it being... pretty OK. But I dunno.
Yeah, the casting breakdowns are iffy.

But I'm still hopeful. Patrick Stewart wants to do it, and I trust him. Except for the whole Emoji movie, but I'm pretty sure that was just a WTF chuckle for him.