The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #1021
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

Note to self:

Spoiler:
not only is homicide immoral it's illegal as well.

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #1022
Katie
Just...way too serious.

ooh Ra...I KNOW how you feel. I have an Aunt-Grandma combo who always seem to be trying to one up each other on who has the worst health problem...and they live together, etc. so my mom or one of her siblings is always out there (las Vegas) trying to take care of them.

For sanity's sake, my door is oper to ya, kid (what? you don't wanna travel around the world to get away?)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #1023
Ra
It's my desire?

Aww...thanks Katie. I'm glad I'm not the only one with aunt-grandmother problems! *hugs* (Well, I DO want to get away, but I'm flat broke. Unless I rob a bank... *thinks* Na )

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #1024
LogicDonny
Banned

since this is a cafe i must discuss about a few people on this forum, mark me warn me if you want, you treat me like dirt.. I was in the introduction forum reading up on a new member who a bunny too like that mad rabbit guy.. Apprently in the meet the staff I actually almost fell off the chair because I saw both Ai and Peanut up on the staff list.

Now for some reason, I knew right away this is why I was treated like dirt, they are mods.

Now for once, the mods are supposed to be friendly and 100% positive but my question is how come mods can get away with certian things while people like me and Zarius and a few others who say small bad things to cause a little trouble gets warned and stuff more than what the mods get.

This is what i need to rant about.

If you want to add a warn to my warning to make it another mark, I understand.. I need to get this off my chest.

So *opens* a beer can and salutes this forum for all sort of greatness and the tmnt community. we rock!
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #1025
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
...me and Zarius and a few others who say small bad things to cause a little trouble gets warned and stuff...
See, therein lies your problem. You reap what you sow, man. If you are going to "have fun" by causing a little trouble....you have to expect that people will react negatively to you.

and also, did you ever consider that the way you react to peope "picking on you" is what keeps them coming back for more? If you ignored it and moved on....eventually it would loose its fun and people would move on. I mean, I'm a pretty sensitive person and the things people say to me often affect me deeply, but I will very rarely show it. You gotta stop being so vocal about how upset you are at the way people act towards you...you are just fanning the flames. Literally.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #1026
LogicDonny
Banned

true true but they still do it even I am not there.

Problem with mods is they don't need to follow the rules as much and can bend them.

to be a mod, you need to have a clean record.. looks like they did got that part right but soon after abusing their rank means dismissal. but they will laugh and point at me or whoever else would write this.

Go ahead and laugh.. Make us feel welcome.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #1027
Katie
Just...way too serious.

ya know, I've been here for 2 years...not really that long, but long enough to figure some stuff out, I suppose. I have never once had a problem with any of the mods. That doesn't mean that I alway agree with them or whatever, but they're the ones who have the job to look after things here and deserve to be respected for that.

As long as you follow the rules and play nice, you'll find that they are pretty fair and decent folks. And usually, even if there is a conversation about something, if you don't get all bent out of shape and take everything personally, things work out very fairly.

That's my experience anyway. Treat people how you would like them to treat you. EVEN if you think they are treating you unfairly...there's no need to stoop to the level of someone who would do that.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #1028
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post

Problem with mods is they don't need to follow the rules as much and can bend them.

to be a mod, you need to have a clean record.. looks like they did got that part right but soon after abusing their rank means dismissal. but they will laugh and point at me or whoever else would write this.

I've been known to go off the handle sometimes, but I'm trying to calm down these days. However, you assume too much. Just because you had a run-in with one mod, you're saying all mods are bad, and it's simply not true. And I'd appreciate that you discuss your disapproval with the moderators through PM's. And this isn't even the right place to discuss your problems with moderators. That's in the Questions/Suggestions section, I believe.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #1029
bullet
Stone Warrior

haha...the way i see it is, life isn't fair and never will be. sure, i disagree with some mods about certain stuff but this is a private board dude...not a democracy, and whatever you're talking about doesn't exactly apply. either way tho your logic is skewed, donny...it's like you're saying that cuz they treated you like sh!t you can deal out sh!t and expect to get away with it. two wrongs always make a right, right? i mean...cops get away with a lot of things too...take speeding for example. would you street race a cop and expect to get away with it cuz he's speeding too?

'sides, a lotta stuff you say are just plain flamebait, imo. some people (like me) would walk away while laughing like hell but others will take the bait. like katie said, expect to reap what you sow. that and man up dude, if you're trying that hard to be popular you should know that pettiness doesn't win you any popularity contests anywhere.

bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 PM   #1030
Super Moderator

I got my grades back for the semester. I have to retake Elementary Classical Physics II. Even worse, I can't schedule any other Physics courses because the class has to be passed with a C- or better. So I have to take useless courses to stay a full-time student. I guess I'll be taking that Tokyo class after all.

I'm going to jump off a goddamn building. //_o
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #1031
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

My sister just finished a year like that too, Ai. A year of useless courses so she could take a post grad course that was supposed to get her into graduate school & of course it didn't I think she also wanted to have a very satisfiying plunge off a building she decided to she's going to sleep for a year instead tho
Seriously...sorry about retaking your physics class & all the crap that goes along with it
SassyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #1032
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

Please do not jump off a building. It is not worth it. This year, I felt terrible because I was unable to finish my student teaching. So, I have to wait until this September to start over again. All of my buddies will be graduating in a month but I am not. I felt terrible because I have to wait another year for employment. But I picked up some courses that are not required. Now, in terms of the license, I have everything completed but student teaching.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #1033
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
since this is a cafe i must discuss about a few people on this forum, mark me warn me if you want, you treat me like dirt.. I was in the introduction forum reading up on a new member who a bunny too like that mad rabbit guy.. .
Your thoughts are everywhere, and are bouncing off the walls. I'm not even sure I can understand what you are talking about. Something about bunnies being mods?

Quote:
Apprently in the meet the staff I actually almost fell off the chair because I saw both Ai and Peanut up on the staff list Now for some reason, I knew right away this is why I was treated like dirt, they are mods.
Ai is a mod, and has been for what 3 years? Peanut is forum STAFF, not a Moderator.

Quote:
Now for once, the mods are supposed to be friendly and 100% positive but my question is how come mods can get away with certian things while people like me and Zarius and a few others who say small bad things to cause a little trouble gets warned and stuff more than what the mods get.
Well to crush your little statement there, Zarius is actually friends with a lot of the mods, yet he still gets warnings just like anyone else breaking rules would. In fact, I'd say Zarius is one of the people I get along with the best around here, and I had to give him a Temporary ban a few years ago. I didn't like that I Had to, but that's the business I'm in.

In addition to that, You post a lot of flame bait. you say things knowing it will start a fight, You've attacked people, trolled and you do all the same things you've accused others of doing. But for some reason, it's ok for you to do it? It's not my place to Mod what other forum Staff does, that's out of my hands as far as I know. But when someone like yourself, or anyone else steps out of line I have to. I do enjoy the fact that you think I like it though. That does amuse me to a great extent. Especially since everyone knows I hate punishing people. And I'll let people slide for a looooong time.

And you also seem to already have forgotten that KRANG HIMSELF was the one that PMed you a day or two before you got your warning and told you that if you don't change your attitude, You'd be banned from Video Game discussion, and receive a warning. Blame me all you want for it, hell blame Krang all you want for it, but as everyone else has pointed out to you, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet View Post

'sides, a lotta stuff you say are just plain flamebait, imo.
You and everyone else. He's acting like no one has ever complained about him and his behavior. :\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
ya know, I've been here for 2 years...not really that long, but long enough to figure some stuff out, I suppose. I have never once had a problem with any of the mods. That doesn't mean that I alway agree with them or whatever, but they're the ones who have the job to look after things here and deserve to be respected for that.

As long as you follow the rules and play nice, you'll find that they are pretty fair and decent folks. And usually, even if there is a conversation about something, if you don't get all bent out of shape and take everything personally, things work out very fairly.

That's my experience anyway. Treat people how you would like them to treat you. EVEN if you think they are treating you unfairly...there's no need to stoop to the level of someone who would do that.
Yeah you know the first thing he ever said to me? He called me a liar and trolled me for a few posts afterwards. And hey, look at that. I let it slide for this long. I guess I learned my mistake though.

Quote:

But what part aren't you getting? Others have already said you had this coming. If I was going to target people, you'd be one of the last on this list, because I simply don't care. There's been people who've been flaming me, attacking me for like 3 or 4 years now that are still here and have no warnings, nor ever received them. Yet I've even punished my own friends over them. Make up your own little world where things work the way you think they do in your twisted little mind, but that's just not how it is. I think you need to step away from the PC and go outside and experience life for awhile. You take this WAY to seriously.

ANd for the record, no this isn't the correct spot to post this. You should only confront the moderator, or Krang. And begging for your warning to be removed just keeps it there longer. And that goes for anyone with a warning, that's been the rule for years.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 AM   #1034
Ra
It's my desire?

Quote:
since this is a cafe i must discuss about a few people on this forum, mark me warn me if you want, you treat me like dirt.. I was in the introduction forum reading up on a new member who a bunny too like that mad rabbit guy..
I don't know what's worse - you suggesting that everyone here hates you, your grammar, or the fact that you called our beloved MadPirateBunny a guy!

I'm with Katie on this one. Treat others as you want them to treat you. I've lived by that statement pretty much all of my life, and have used that exact same rule on here. I haven't even gotten anything close to a warning (well, to my knowledge, anyway), and I have had quite a few memorable discussions with the mods. Remember, everyone on here is real. Not genetically made up by the computer. I guess you forgot that once too often, thus resulting in a ban from the Video Games section as well as a warning *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai View Post
I got my grades back for the semester. I have to retake Elementary Classical Physics II. Even worse, I can't schedule any other Physics courses because the class has to be passed with a C- or better. So I have to take useless courses to stay a full-time student. I guess I'll be taking that Tokyo class after all.

I'm going to jump off a goddamn building. //_o

I'm not to sure what else to say except "it's not the end of the world". I guess this is a good chance to take up courses that you were interested in, yet you know you won't use them later. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade", ya know? I'm sure you'll be fine, though. These things always tend to work themselves out.

Last edited by Ra; 05-12-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #1035
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Ai doesn't need a hug, he already has the internets.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:32 AM   #1036
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I hadn't read my X's web blog in awhile. I was clicking around Xanga and fell upon it. Well being the guy I am no matter what happens I always like to see if the person is doing good.

Well she broke up with the guy she got with less then a day after me. It didn't work out. Reading those words made me bust up laughing. As Put. put it in glorious cynical-ness.

I guess I should feel guilty but for once in my life I feel like someone got what was coming to them. Might be a sign I still got feelings for her hell if I know. I've had to much going on in life lately to think about it. Nor do I care to slow down so I can.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #1037
bullet
Stone Warrior

mmm...don't jump off a building for flunkin one class...not worth it. i almost ran my car into a pole when i got a D+ (69.4%, .1% away from passing) in calculus (yeah i really suck at math) and the professor actually emailed me and told me not to worry because he'll still be there next quarter!

but doesn't taking filler classes go towards your grad requirement anyway? unless you've already filled them...in which case, sorry to hear that. i was in pretty much the same shoes, i couldn't take any upper divs because of that single class. almost caused a delay in my graduation (which hopefully now will be on schedule). anyway, best'a luck with that.

bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #1038
Super Moderator

Well, now that the shock effect has worn off, I don't really see this as a bad thing. It's gonna suck paying for the class again, but oh well. It also does suck that I got all of my core classes out of the way, so I really am going to be taking useless classes. Hell, in a few semesters, I could get a Japanese minor, along with the Computer Science minor I already have. I can't wait to make use of that.

And yes, I already have the interwebz. No hugs needed!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #1039
Ra
It's my desire?

... *gives a dramatic sob and takes away her coupon* And I found that coupon especially for you. Go on then! Have fun with your internet sites! See if I care! *huffs*

Well, it's good to hear that things really aren't that bad. As long as you can get something out of your extra time there, I guess it isn't all that bad. Although I get kinda worried when I see the words "Japanese" and "minor" in the same paragraph up there...

Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #1040
Super Moderator

Well, who said I can't get that, too?

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip