The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #61
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I agree this movie looks good. Finally a star wars movie that isn't retelling an existing star wars movie just with different characters.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #62
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its been confirmed that Mon Mothma is being played by the same actress, who played her in a Revenge Of The Sith deleted scene.
You know, I was actually wondering if it might be Genevieve O'Reilly, but I haven't seen her in anything recently. IMDB says she's the same age as Caroline was when she filmed RotJ, but she doesn't look it (makeup heh), hence my comment.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #63
snake
Disgusting

No aliens. Trailer was cool but I'm pissed about no aliens.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
No aliens. Trailer was cool but I'm pissed about no aliens.
I bet there are aliens, we just don't see them cause this is just a teaser trailer, so who knows, maybe we'll see them in a 2nd trailer a few months later.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #65
ToTheNines
[sic]

Looks ok I guess. Cool to see Mon Mothma.

My main problem is the main character is just so cheesy. Honestly can't tell if it's bad dialogue or poor acting... admittedly, I only know her from her small role in Amazing Spider-Man
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's two videos talking about the Easter Eggs in the Rogue One teaser trailer.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #67
snake
Disgusting

So, like, you guys know why Donnie Yen is playing a literal space samurai in this, right?

Just look at TFAs preformance in china
Old 04-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
So, like, you guys know why Donnie Yen is playing a literal space samurai in this, right?

Just look at TFAs preformance in china
Donnie Yen is a BEAST.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:00 PM   #69
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Holy crap. An original Star Wars film!? Not the greatest hits of sci-fi from JJ Abrams, ripper-off of The Wrath of Khan and A New Hope?

Wow. Felicity Jones looks great, this movie feels serious and a little darker, not just all "wheeeeeeeeeeeeee Star Wars!"

Still haven't bothered to see The Force Awakens even though it's on Redbox, but this. THIS. I may see this in theaters, honestly, if it keeps this up. It's pushing all my good buttons.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

You still haven't seen Episode 7 after 5 months? Why?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #71
chrisdude
Foot Elite

So stoked to see Donnie Yen in Star Wars.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #72
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You still haven't seen Episode 7 after 5 months? Why?
#1. Star Wars has never been a particular favorite of mine. I understand others' ravenous love for the original trilogy, but for me it's just "eh."

#2. The only Star Wars that really interests me in the Extended Universe novels. Knowing that the Disney-owned Star Wars are completely sidestepping and overwriting all of that... "meh."

#3. I hate JJ Abrams, and I hate what he did with Star Trek. "Into Darkness" was just a retooled "Wrath of Khan" and "Force Awakens" is just a retooled "A New Hope." Only difference is, apparently he did a much better job with Star Wars.

So, while I'll see it, I don't really want to actually spend money on it. Daisy Ridley, John Bodega, and Oscar Isaacs are all phenomenal actors and actresses, so I do want to see them in action. Waiting to see if Netflix will offer it eventually...
Old 04-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #73
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Donnie Yen is a BEAST.
Oh totally. I'm happy about it but it's pretty funny how Dosney is trying to get back China.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #75
sdp
-

I have extremely mixed feelings about the teaser.

On one hand it was awesome and I really want to see it. On the other hand how much will Disney be pandering to the OT? I mean that's the only thing that has got my interest in this, seeing awesome "modern OT" action on the big screen, its a dream come true but SW can just be so much more than that. No one asked for a story about how they got the plans to the death star.. This is fan fic level of storytelling, and we know every awesome character from this movie will die since they are neveer seen in the OT, this isn't like the PT where at least you knew they had plenty of time to die. These type of stories while cool should be saved for books, comics or videogames to fill in the gaps, not a movie. The Spin-Off films should focus on entirely different things.

This movie also makes me even more mad with the direction they went with for Episode VII. I mean this teaser could very well have taken place in The Force Awakens, you have the bad ass looking different colored Stormtrooper, Imperial Troops kicking ass, the Death Star, awesome looking General etc. Why rehash everything from the OT in Episode VII if there were going to be Spin-Off films rehashing the same ideas.

I'm also still not over the whole SW being a yearly franchise, not sure if I'll see it in theaters. But ranting aside as far as the teaser (why is it called a teaser if its 2 minutes?) its awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I'm so happy that they're not playing off of nostalgia.
Tell me you're not serious.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I have extremely mixed feelings about the teaser.

On one hand it was awesome and I really want to see it. On the other hand how much will Disney be pandering to the OT? I mean that's the only thing that has got my interest in this, seeing awesome "modern OT" action on the big screen, its a dream come true but SW can just be so much more than that. No one asked for a story about how they got the plans to the death star.. This is fan fic level of storytelling, and we know every awesome character from this movie will die since they are neveer seen in the OT, this isn't like the PT where at least you knew they had plenty of time to die. These type of stories while cool should be saved for books, comics or videogames to fill in the gaps, not a movie. The Spin-Off films should focus on entirely different things.

This movie also makes me even more mad with the direction they went with for Episode VII. I mean this teaser could very well have taken place in The Force Awakens, you have the bad ass looking different colored Stormtrooper, Imperial Troops kicking ass, the Death Star, awesome looking General etc. Why rehash everything from the OT in Episode VII if there were going to be Spin-Off films rehashing the same ideas.

I'm also still not over the whole SW being a yearly franchise, not sure if I'll see it in theaters. But ranting aside as far as the teaser (why is it called a teaser if its 2 minutes?) its awesome.

Tell me you're not serious.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you on your thoughts. OT: the re-fappening. But this one in particular might be all right, if unnecessary.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:47 AM   #77
CyberCubed
Overlord

Almost everything nowadays is nostalgia based, simply because the people working in the industry now were the original kids 20-30 years ago who grew up with this stuff in the first place, and now that they're in charge they want to bring it back to how it was in their childhood.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:12 AM   #78
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It looks a bit bland, and the dialogue seems a bit half-assed, but I won't write it off based on a teaser. A couple of lines are really grated on me though. "This is a rebellion isn't it?!" is supposed to be funny I guess, but it felt painfully self-aware to me, like it’s something someone would only say if they were aware they were a character in a popular film franchise.

I have a theory: You hear constantly from pundits and high profile fanboys, that Harrison Ford played Han Solo like he was aware of how silly the movies were, and was playfully poking fun at them. I don't see it myself, but someone said it once and a bunch of people have adopted the opinion. These are the same pundits and fanboys who are writing the new movies, so they try to write Han Solo-like characters, who are self-aware, and poking fun, and it feels out of place in the end, because Han Solo was never really like that in the first place.

The other line was the list of charges, read out seemingly against the lead character. Surely in a crazy, sci-fi space opera, you can do better than aggravated assault and resisting arrest. It’s not Law & Order for Pete’s sake.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #79
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
#2. The only Star Wars that really interests me in the Extended Universe novels. Knowing that the Disney-owned Star Wars are completely sidestepping and overwriting all of that... "meh."

DUDE. You have to check out Star Wars Rebels if you haven't already. It's the greatest!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #80
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the teaser poster.

Spoiler: