The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What do you mean by "whatever"? Whatever as in "Let the writers/storyboarders do whatever they want" or as in "Whatever, just have it be the typical toy commercial"?
Well, take pitches from people passionate about making another TMNT children's cartoon. Pick the least painful sounding one, I guess.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #22
snake
Disgusting

Everyone's given out the obvious. New movies, keep IDW, one or two more seasons of Nick, Forever War. Aside from that, I'd revoke the license from Playmates as soon as possible. I'd hand it over to another company, and share it with NECA.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #23
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, take pitches from people passionate about making another TMNT children's cartoon. Pick the least painful sounding one, I guess.
So more like the first I guess, just more selective at the initial stage?

What if you got a pitch that actually kind of interesting to you rather than just sounding less "painful" than the others? Got a rough idea of what that would be?

To be honest my own "whatever" approach to this would be contact some reputable creators, ask them if they wanted the gig, dump the Ultimate Collection in their lap and tell them "Start from here, just remember that you can't use the Aardvark".
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #24
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why does it always have to be "just for children"? Lets try to keep it more broad, atleast call it a family show. It should be for people of all ages. Worked with the 2003 Teen Titans series... to an extent.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #25
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Everyone's given out the obvious. New movies, keep IDW, one or two more seasons of Nick, Forever War. Aside from that, I'd revoke the license from Playmates as soon as possible. I'd hand it over to another company, and share it with NECA.
problem is, toys are kind of a dying art

there really arn't many companies that can match or do playmates better than playmates at this point, which is probably why the dinosaurs of the toy world get to keep it.

but I WOULD give them far less story control

then we wouldn't get turtles in weird mesh battle outfits that make no sense whatsoever.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's really weird we're in the year 2017 and we're still waiting for some of the same things for years:

1. Still no Image or Volume 4 trades from IDW. We should have at least gotten a few Image trades by now, they finished the Volume 2 collections like two years ago or something.

2. Still no proper 2k3 DVDs

3. Murphy's Forever War will forever remain in limbo.

4. PL still has never finished writing Volume 4 after all this time

Jesus Christ. I'd really love for some of this stuff to finally "happen" already so I can stop thinking about it and cross it off my list. It's absurd we're in the year 2017 waiting for the same things for decades now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If I was in control of tmnt, Id get the Fred Wolf Show to play on all the kids channels, have all the new shows cross over with FW, force every new version to pay Atleast 5-6 homages to FW and make FW the one and only definitive version
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #28
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If I had the rights, this would be the very first thing that I did.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It's really weird we're in the year 2017 and we're still waiting for some of the same things for years:

1. Still no Image or Volume 4 trades from IDW. We should have at least gotten a few Image trades by now, they finished the Volume 2 collections like two years ago or something.

3. Murphy's Forever War will forever remain in limbo.

4. PL still has never finished writing Volume 4 after all this time

Jesus Christ. I'd really love for some of this stuff to finally "happen" already so I can stop thinking about it and cross it off my list. It's absurd we're in the year 2017 waiting for the same things for decades now.
And except for IDW reprints of Volumes 3 and 4, NONE of those will ever happen.

Hell, maybe not even that.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Eh, aside from the Forever war, I pretty much hope the rest of the stuff can happen.

2k3 DVDs should hopefully happen someday...eventually. There's money on the table. Some company like Shout Factory partners with Nick to release their old 90's cartoons.

PL still has another 10 years before possible death or retirement. I will hope until he can't write no more.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
2k3 DVDs should hopefully happen someday...eventually.
I kind of doubt it at this point. Blu-rays as a media are rapidly going away, let alone DVDs. If they wait any longer there literally won't be the medium for them to drop it on.

I'm sure it'll appear through official channels via streaming, or something.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Eh, aside from the Forever war, I pretty much hope the rest of the stuff can happen.

2k3 DVDs should hopefully happen someday...eventually. There's money on the table. Some company like Shout Factory partners with Nick to release their old 90's cartoons.

PL still has another 10 years before possible death or retirement. I will hope until he can't write no more.
Laird is done. Has been done. Has been done for years. Will remain done as long as he lives. Volume 4 is dead.

I see 4Kids DVDs exceedingly less likely now that the 2012 TMNT cartoon is coming to an official end AND a new show is getting launched. Face it, 4Kids DVDs are almost as dead as Volume 4 now.

Harsh facts, but inescapable conclusions.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Many kids cartoons are still released on DVD, you're thinking of movies or big TV shows that don't get DVD releases anymore. The current Nick cartoon still gets DVD releases for that reason, or else it would be digital alone. That being said I'm pretty sure Seasons 1-4 of the 2k3 series is still on itunes or amazon, or at least from what I remember. Does anyone know for sure what's uploaded?

As for Volume 4, it isn't over until PL is in his grave.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #34
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There is one factor that I'd have in my TMNT take:
Absolutely no magic. Unless there's a stage magician, but that doesn't count. And there probably wouldn't be one, though it would make an interesting annoyance.

In a story with (granted, kind of dumb) science at the heart of its creation, there is very little room for mysticism.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
There is one factor that I'd have in my TMNT take:
Absolutely no magic. Unless there's a stage magician, but that doesn't count. And there probably wouldn't be one, though it would make an interesting annoyance.

In a story with (granted, kind of dumb) science at the heart of its creation, there is very little room for mysticism.
Agree with this, whenever magic shows up in DC cartoons I immediately lose interest too. Never liked it when Batman especially is involved in magic storylines, except for a little with Zatanna.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

A lot of what has been posted I would do.

First thing, commission Steve Murphy and Chris Allan to complete 'Forever War' to wrap up TMNT Adventures.

Next, green light a mini-series continuation of the 1987 cartoon in a similar tone to the fan-fiction direction I took.

Third,get the ball rolling to release TMNT(2003) Season 3 Part 1, Season 3 Part 2, Season 4 Part 1, and Season 7 DVDs. Leave the door open to a follow up complete series release pending the sales of the individual sets.

Fourth, I would throw a bone to those who actually like the black and white comics and give them a direct to DVD adaptation of the 1st issue.

Finally, a tournament fighter game that celebrates the TMNT history and have a true representation of its history through the characters available to play. I would have the number of playable characters maxed at the number of years the TMNT have been in existence. The IDW TMNT would be the Turtles featured as well as design however there will be skins for the 1987 cartoon and Mirage Comics. It would be the game we all wanted instead of Smash Up.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #37
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Pretty easy for me. They should release comprehensive collector's editions of all cartoons...

Like they did with the 87-86 toon. Give Next Mutation a re-release in a complete format, as well as 2003 series, dvd is fine.. blue ray whatever. I don't think it makes a big difference really. Then release a definitive TMNT movie collection.

Everything loaded with special features etc... especially the first 3 movies. Just hash out the TMNT history in ALL ways.

Then.. after you've re-released stuff that hardcore fans want... start on new things.

Either do shows/movies based on the mirage comics, or just reboot the orgin or do IDW stuff via shows or movies. Something like that.

IDW comics should get adapted into at least a cartoon at some point. Use the basic plot and ideas and just twist it around some. Would be fun.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just can't believe BttS never got a release of any kind. I mean, I hunted down the Australian releases, but an animated show getting mothballed instead of put on DVD is pretty rare in the US right?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #39
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
IDW would be allowed to keep doing what they're doing, with zero interference.

We'd finally have some decent serious Mirage-based films.
I would go along these lines as well as IDW is by far my favorite iteration of the TMNT.
However, I would request for a whole lot more consistency when it comes down to character design (small details like clothing, tattoo, gear) and world building (more insight on the way the modern Foot clan, Purple Dragons, etc, are run).

The IDW style franchise would be the mainstream in comics, TV, cinema and video games.

Last little addition, I would want the turtles to be wearing pants/ninja garbs from the waist down. Only recently doned on me that they are the only mutants not covering their private parts... :p
Old 03-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
I would go along these lines as well as IDW is by far my favorite iteration of the TMNT.
I don't begrudge you that, but saying "IDW my my favorite TMNT" is like saying, "I like my TMNT to be 10% Mirage, 75% Fred Wolf cartoon, 5% 4Kids, 10% Archies!"

Which is like saying, "I like my TMNT to be 80%... crap."

Quote:
Last little addition, I would want the turtles to be wearing pants/ninja garbs from the waist down. Only recently doned on me that they are the only mutants not covering their private parts... :p
You're either joking or a moron. I can't decide which.