The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I'd take they just throw any ideas on the wall in hopes to make that sweet cinematic universe thing going.
Problem is they are lacking talent and their managers just can not sit on their hands for 5 seconds without interfering with production of the movies. This what have killed both Raimi's Spider-Man and ASM.
It'll eventually cause problems for MCU Spiderman, too. Just wait.

Actually, that's what Disney/MCU should have done. WAIT. Wait until they could buy everything back, and not settle for this joint-custody arrangement where Sony and Amy Pascal keep screwing things up.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

It wouldn't surprise me to see Sony attempt the "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline with Eddie Brock in the place of Peter Parker and Kraven donning the symbiote instead of the black spider-man suit.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #23
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It wouldn't surprise me to see Sony attempt the "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline with Eddie Brock in the place of Peter Parker and Kraven donning the symbiote instead of the black spider-man suit.
Not a bad idea that
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So they say, I'll believe it when I see it

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #26
IMJ
Emperor

We are at that point of saturation with comic book movies where everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie, and we will start seeing more of this nonsense pumped out to try and cash in until we respond as the market with lack of buying.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #27
sdp
-

The downside of Venom doing well is Sony will continue to pursue this pathetic Sony Spiderverse. I can't say I didn't smile when Venom did well and watched the MCU fanboys/Disney/Geek blogs in tears so it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
We are at that point of saturation with comic book movies where everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie, and we will start seeing more of this nonsense pumped out to try and cash in until we respond as the market with lack of buying.
I thought the superhero movie market was going to crash after the first avengers but it only got stronger. I think with Avengers 4 being the "end" of the current marvel phases it'll slow down though. It's been going on for too long and nothing lasts forever.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The downside of Venom doing well is Sony will continue to pursue this pathetic Sony Spiderverse.
Very true... though let's not count our chickens before they've hatched. Things could still freefall into the 2nd weekend. As of right now it hasn't even made its money back yet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #29
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I thought the superhero movie market was going to crash after the first avengers but it only got stronger. I think with Avengers 4 being the "end" of the current marvel phases it'll slow down though. It's been going on for too long and nothing lasts forever.
Comic book movies currently are diversified, but if all studios will start to try and ape "Marvel style" it will quickly implode.
Success of comic book movies is currently in the hands of DC - if they can make GOOD movies with different tone than Marvel stuff, it will allow CMBs to fly for some more time.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #30
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
As of right now it hasn't even made its money back yet.
It already more than doubled it's budget worldwide which is the general rule of breaking even.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Still not going to see it. Venom 2: Maxium Carnage would not be right, but at least Venom as a film is interesting.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
What if the Spider-Man they use is Miles Morales? They can't use Peter Parker because he's currently in the MCU.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #33
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What if the Spider-Man they use is Miles Morales? They can't use Peter Parker because he's currently in the MCU.
They can use peter parker if they want. I doubt Marvel studios has exclusivity since sony is sharing with them
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwatanabesclone View Post
They can use peter parker if they want. I doubt Marvel studios has exclusivity since sony is sharing with them
It doesn't make sense having two versions of Peter Parker. One in the SUMC and the other in the MCU.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

They will use Tom Holland.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #36
AquaParade
Banned

My hope is that this means Sony and Marvel have worked out a deal in which they can each have their own Spider-Man. Let Marvel do Marvel and bring someone else in for your Sony-Verse. Hell, bring back Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield for Kraven's Last Hunt. We can still have Tom Holland's Spider-Man safe and secure in the MCU. That's my ideal scenario.

My prediction is that Sony likes to tactically use the "will they/won't they?!" ploy in order to drum up interest in their films.
With Venom, a lot of social media talk revolved around whether or not Spider-Man would show up in his movie. Now we see a bunch of people discussing the same thing with Kraven, due to vague hints. Whether or not Spider-Man will be in it, twice as many people are talking about the film and spreading the word now that the question is in the air. Quite annoying if that is the case.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #37
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
He’s owned by Sony so yeah.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #38
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I could get behind this, especially if they actually have Spidey involved. Kraven was originally hired by Jameson to hunt down Spider-Man and bring him to justice as a "menace". The fact that it fits with his own iffy morality of hunting a human as the "ultimate challenge" was just icing. As a long-time fan of Spider-Man, I have always liked Kraven. He is one of the more complicated rogues in Spidey's gallery, and has played several roles over the years. And having read Kraven's Last Hunt, I would love to see that story incorporated somehow.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:48 AM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not even a question.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote