The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #41
Kendamu
Sewerhead

That's a really cool concept for Krang's body. It's nice to see that, coincidentally or not, the Krangazoids basically look like something based off Pete's drawing.

As for how he lost it... I'm gonna say maybe something like a Retromutagen gun or something de-evolved Krang or whatever (assuming that Mutagen works a bit differently on Krang than it does on turtles and people).
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #42
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
That's a really cool concept for Krang's body. It's nice to see that, coincidentally or not, the Krangazoids basically look like something based off Pete's drawing.
...I don't see the resemblance. The Krangazoids look like the 90's Godzilla and the concept looks like a He-Man toy mixed with the Thing from Fantastic 4.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post

As for how he lost it... I'm gonna say maybe something like a Retromutagen gun or something de-evolved Krang or whatever (assuming that Mutagen works a bit differently on Krang than it does on turtles and people).
Maybe people on Krang's home planet are born without body, and the body then grows out. When Krang was hit by a retromutagen ray, he was de-mutated in size (but not in intelligence).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #44
Mutagen
Random Punk

Also dont forget that the comic books showed us that Krang can connect to a live body like he did with Shredder's. His tentacles have to be some kind of nerves or roots of some kind
Mutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #45
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
Maybe people on Krang's home planet are born without body, and the body then grows out. When Krang was hit by a retromutagen ray, he was de-mutated in size (but not in intelligence).
This...Except I don't think he was ever hit with a retromutagen ray. I always figure his race acted something like a butterfly mixed with a lizard.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #46
gobo
Wacky Action

So, Krang's a... Buttergecko??

Last edited by gobo; 05-27-2010 at 01:41 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #47
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
So, Krang's a... Buttergecko??
That's the South American equivalent to butter toast
Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #48
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
...I don't see the resemblance. The Krangazoids look like the 90's Godzilla and the concept looks like a He-Man toy mixed with the Thing from Fantastic 4.
I mean it more in the, "Oh, Krang was always intended to be a hideous monster," kind of resemblance. My vision of Krang with a body was something more along the lines of the look of Krang's android body despite whatever later seasons of the cartoon said.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #49
dontplaydead27
Thug

I'm jumping in on this topic! I've never been a huge fan of Krang, but done in a way that differs from the OT could be really interesting (And the fans already having a connection to the character of Krang would be a plus, not like bringing in 13 monsters) I never realized they showed Krangs body on the cartoon, I don't like how they made it look, i'd rather him be a brain. The sketch of his body looked much cooler, but also I think if we didn't know exactly what his body looked like, it would add to the mystique a little. I know there's another topic about a possible incarnation of Krang in a movie, so I think i'll go jump in that topic now..
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #50
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Krang is a Dimension X warlord, that got exiled from his own world and his body. One of the OT episodes Krang Clones himself, the clones grows back their bodies, you can see how Krang looked like before he became a brain with a face.
Then again, the show's internal continuity was hardly iron clad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #51
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Krang definitely wasn't an Utrom in the old cartoon, but making him an Utrom Outlaw in the new toon would be an excellent idea.

Personally, I never understood why the 2002 series didn't just make Krang the Utrom Outlaw who supplied the Oroku family line (human leaders of the foot clan) with the tech that allowed them to dominate over the generations, instead of making Saki actually be the Outlaw in the form of C'hrell. Would've solved many people's complaints about Shredder no being human. But that's just my opinion.

Your Kahn decrees it!

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 01-05-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Cause they wanted to stay as far away as the old cartoon as possible...?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #53
Overlord

Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutagen View Post
Also dont forget that the comic books showed us that Krang can connect to a live body like he did with Shredder's. His tentacles have to be some kind of nerves or roots of some kind
That's Archie Krang, yes. But not the 1987 cartoon Krang.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #54
Mutagen
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
That's Archie Krang, yes. But not the 1987 cartoon Krang.
Its still the same character and universe, considering that Archie adapted some of the episodes too.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #55
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Its still the same character and universe, considering that Archie adapted some of the episodes too.
Its not the same universe. The Archie book started as an adaption series simply to make more money without making more characters. When the sales reported weren't very good, it was suggested that they make up their own & go with the flow. Ask anyone involved in it & they will tell you there is no connection continuity wise. Its basically like comparing the 2k3 toon to the mirage comics. The characters in each universe are unaware of what happens in another... even those who seem tied together.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #56
Mutagen
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Its not the same universe. The Archie book started as an adaption series simply to make more money without making more characters. When the sales reported weren't very good, it was suggested that they make up their own & go with the flow. Ask anyone involved in it & they will tell you there is no connection continuity wise. Its basically like comparing the 2k3 toon to the mirage comics. The characters in each universe are unaware of what happens in another... even those who seem tied together.

Perhaps. But then again, continuity wasnt that strong in the cartoon either. Since the Archie series started out adapting the episodes, I consider them to be both from the same universe. On the other hand, as Im writing this I forgot that some things contradict each other, like the whole story with Slash
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #57
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Perhaps. But then again, continuity wasnt that strong in the cartoon either. Since the Archie series started out adapting the episodes, I consider them to be both from the same universe. On the other hand, as Im writing this I forgot that some things contradict each other, like the whole story with Slash
Trust me dude, its fact.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 AM   #58
Overlord

Leatherhead

Quote:
And Leatherhead. And the Eye of Sarnath has different stories.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #59
Sidian
Random Punk

i think i love krang a bit too much...especially his voice

but no hes not an utrom. i think laird even commented on this has he not?
Sidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #60
gobo
Wacky Action

Repeatedly, I believe... That's why continuing to debate the issue is kinda frustrating.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krang, utrom