The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-03-2024, 10:50 AM   #1
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

A Question About Arcades

I have a question about acquiring certain arcade games that I'm interested in sometime in the future. I'm not ready yet, because I'm waiting for my cat to pass in about 4 or so years from now so then I'll occupy his food/water area beside my fridge in my studio apartment with either a BowFlex machine or an arcade. Lately I have been doing research on the game titles I'm interested in when the time comes for me to get an arcade and I found 2 websites outside of eBay (ridiculous prices on eBay) but neither one offers the following games I'm interested in:

Pit Fighter
Super Street Fighter II (the one with the 4 added characters)
Ridge Racer 1

Other games I'm interested in such as...:
Ninja Turtles 1989
Turtles in Time
Mortal Kombat I
Mortal Kombat II
Super Mario Bros
The Simpsons
Gauntlet
Final Fight

...are available on the sites Guscade and Arcades Market, but not the 3 games I mentioned above. I like both sites for different reasons. Guscade builds arcade games and makes them so well detailed, they look factory made, but they're really made in the garage of this entrepreneur's garage; and Arcades Market sells arcade games cheaper than Guscade and they're located in St. Louis, Missouri, which they can ship any game to my Chicago suburb.

Sorry for talking a long story first, but my question is: does anyone on this site know of a good arcade website where I can find Pit Fighter, Super Street Fighter II and Ridge Racer, and I'm not interested in those small Aracde1Ups. Any information would be appreciated.

By the way, what do you guys think about my list of overall games I'm going to get in the future when I get a bigger house with my best friend? Once I get all the arcade games I want, then my best friend and I will start collecting up to 37 pinball games.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:04 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

I'd imagine that there are guys out there who built cabinet rigs with functioning screens and joysticks but the board inside is a cheap raspberry pi loaded with 1,500 old, authentic arcade ROMS.

I've got quite a few authentic Arcade ROMS myself on that handheld device I bought a couple of years back. It even has that cool G.I. Joe ARAH on-rails 3rd person shooter.

You could always do something like that and then change the art and light boards out on your "generic machine" if you wanted to.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 06:24 PM   #3
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Sounds good, but I'm not good with building with tools and wood. If I had all the parts plus a fully built cabinet and LCD monitor, I probably could put the game together like a puzzle. I mean if building an arcade is anything like building a PC desktop, I can do that. But like I said, I don't know anything about power tools and making things out of wood.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:45 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
Sounds good, but I'm not good with building with tools and wood. If I had all the parts plus a fully built cabinet and LCD monitor, I probably could put the game together like a puzzle. I mean if building an arcade is anything like building a PC desktop, I can do that. But like I said, I don't know anything about power tools and making things out of wood.

Easy fix - Buy one of the Arcade 1 Up machines so you have the cabinet, screen and controls. Then drop a Rasberry Pi into it instead of the board it comes with!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:23 PM   #5
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Well, I'm more interested in a store site and not a project.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:35 AM   #6
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

You make it sound like you won't miss your cat.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:48 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

I wasn't going to say anything either, but I was also thinking "bro 4 or 5 years of your life is a long time to wait for animal to die just to do something minor you want to do!"

And then I figured I'd just help him out with the cabinet ideas instead and let him figure it out.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:56 AM   #8
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I thought the same thing. Poor cat.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:37 PM   #9
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Get a bartop kit, a tv, and either a pandora's box/ or raspberry pi with a controller build kit. if you get the build kit make sure the button holes are drilled or you'll need to pick up a set of bits.
here's mine, still haven't been able to get the light gun set up. I know it looks a bit rough but it's survived a fire and multiple moves when i've brought it to my local convention.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 02:56 PM   #10
ResidentEvil7
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Perhaps I did give the wrong impression, because I love my cat. He's my third one. He's 9 years old; born on Christmas Day; the same Christmas I asked my dad for a cat. We got him in April 2015. As much as I love him, I just hate cleaning up after him; puke, litter and food crumbs, but I deal with it because I love him.

I hope this clears some misunderstandings.