The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #2041
neatoman
Emperor

Congratulations on 75 issues and at least a plan for 100! How does it feel?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #2042
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Great! Most of the time i'm a bit too busy to really process something like that, but we did a signing yesterday and I saw a cover from like, issue #4 or something that I completely forgot we did and I had a laugh with Tom about how we're starting to get old. Conventions are a good time to take stock. There's things we could of course do better, but we're proud.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #2043
funatic
Mad Scientist

Looking forward to all the big panels & announcements this week! & tell Tom we'd love to see him at NYCC this year!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #2044
dawwe
Foot Soldier

You got an exclusive preview for the issue 75 Ben Bates variant cover for us here? Or do you perhaps know when it will be previewed?
Old 07-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #2045
neatoman
Emperor

How long was TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 planned?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #2046
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawwe View Post
You got an exclusive preview for the issue 75 Ben Bates variant cover for us here? Or do you perhaps know when it will be previewed?
Not till the issue comes out, unless Ben posts it himself.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #2047
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
How long was TMNT/Ghostbusters 2 planned?
I would imagine Erik and Tom have had some ideas percolating in their head for a while, you'd have to ask them. But we took on the project earlier in the year, so it's only been on my radar for about that time. Should be fun!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #2048
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Hello, Bobby!
I'm so impressed with the upcoming crossover! Really can't wait!

I have a small question. Sorry, I know that asking about future releases is a bad tone, but... In December will be the 30th anniversary of the Fred Wolf series. Do you have any plans for this? One-short, maybe? Or special cover?
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #2049
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, I'm not sure if this is something that will be explained (not even sure if I remember asking at this point), but how was Krang able to contact Hakk-r from within a high security prison? And not only that, but pay him to do his bidding?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #2050
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Hello Bobby,

since the Turtles have parted ways with Master Splinter and The Foot Clan (except for Leo. SHHHHHHHH!)

...has April O'Neil still been hanging around Foot Clan Headquarters deciphering the Pantheon Scrolls?

and if so, has April and Jenika met one another?
they seem so opposite in their upbringing, just wondering what their interactions must be like?
Old 07-23-2017, 10:10 PM   #2051
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hello, Bobby!
I'm so impressed with the upcoming crossover! Really can't wait!

I have a small question. Sorry, I know that asking about future releases is a bad tone, but... In December will be the 30th anniversary of the Fred Wolf series. Do you have any plans for this? One-short, maybe? Or special cover?
No, no plans. Sorry!
Old 07-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #2052
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, I'm not sure if this is something that will be explained (not even sure if I remember asking at this point), but how was Krang able to contact Hakk-r from within a high security prison? And not only that, but pay him to do his bidding?
You'll have to read to find out, but I think it's safe to assume that Krang has a lot of connections still in Dimension X.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2053
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Hello Bobby,

since the Turtles have parted ways with Master Splinter and The Foot Clan (except for Leo. SHHHHHHHH!)

...has April O'Neil still been hanging around Foot Clan Headquarters deciphering the Pantheon Scrolls?

and if so, has April and Jenika met one another?
they seem so opposite in their upbringing, just wondering what their interactions must be like?
We'll find out a bit more about what April has been up to very soon!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #2054
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
That's a good question, and one that we try to avoid nailing down too much so we can keep things flexible. I reserve the right to change this, but unofficially it "feels" like about six months to me.
So with April's graduation putting Vengeance in May, 6 months later would put Karai's Path a month before #65. Obviously it's separated from the main narrative enough that that's fine, but would you say it's flexible enough to be more like 8/9 months? That way the numbering for Universe stays sequential and I'd say it's still early enough in the year for it to be snowing in the Prey backup.

And while I'm bugging you about continuity, is it safe to share when the Usagi crossover is taking place?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #2055
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm not sure I follow why Karai's path would need to be before #65. It should be around the same time as the current ongoing arc, #71/72. (and could be that April graduated early) But regardless, none of this is official, so feel free to place it where you see fit!

I'd put Usagi/TMNT in-between #72 and #73.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #2056
ToTheNines
[sic]

#65 is December 24th and I was calling Vengeance as being in May, so six months would have been November. But yeah, her graduation is flexible, could have been early or even late/summertime. I'm sure I had other reasons, just been too busy to keep notes lately.

Thanks man!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #2057
ChosenOne
Banned

Were the visual similarities between Marvel's Sinister Six and the Pantheon in #72 deliberate, or just accidental? Particularly in regards to the cover, which evokes several Sinister Six covers over the years, and the way they stalked the Turtles.

It's funny if we think the Pantheon has their very own Doc Ock (Gothano choking Raph with his tentacle), Kraven (hunter/tracker Jagwar), Vulture (Aka being the only flier there) and Mysterio (Kitsune with her mist and mind games). Even Manmoth resembles Rhino in a way.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 07-26-2017 at 11:10 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #2058
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ha, I was a big Sinister Six fan as a kid, so maybe you're onto something that was in my subconscious (can't speak to Kevin and Tom). Never crossed my mind though until this message.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #2059
phillytmnt
Thug

Hello Bobby,

I have a question about the latest story arch. Why would Kitsune wanna resurrect her father by using Saki's body? Wasn't Saki her lover? I get that she was secretly preparing Saki to be the vessel for her father. But it seemed like she actually loved Saki himself by the way she talked about him when she stole his body. It seems weird that she would want to use Saki to bring back her father instead of another person.

Also will Splinter and the foot come back into play this year and will Kitsune make another move against him?

Thanks!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #2060
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Good questions, but unfortunately I can't speak too much to them as they spoil future stories. But I can confirm that we'll see Splinter and the Foot before the end of the year at least!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz