The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 03:41 PM   #221
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
So um, is 50 like the last issue for this run?
No, just the culmination of the original plot threads the IDW creative team outlined at the beginning of the series. The series will continue on with issue #51 with some new plot threads that have slowly been introduced in the first 50 issues
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #222
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
So um, is 50 like the last issue for this run?
No. 50 was how far the writers at IDW planned out this universe. The run was essentially planned out to #50. Tom and crew has said they at this point have storylines and plots planned up to issue 90 or so.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #223
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just mixed around the recent issues.

I have 45 and Mutanimals running concurrently since they're not long at all after Donnie's death. Then the rest of Mutanimals has to be after #47 since this conflict with Hun is still on the same night and Mutanimals #2 begins on the morning after.

The cover for 47 looks like continuity might get a little messy, with Hob aiding Hun and all. Hopefully there's some sort of time jump, or Hob doesn't actually appear in 47 (the Santolouco covers for Vengeance haven't all been issue specific, so that's possible.)
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #224
Usagi Miyamoto
Random Punk

I Ctrl+F'd the previous pages for April and Casey - does anyone know where that should fall on the timeline yet?
Usagi Miyamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #225
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Miyamoto View Post
I Ctrl+F'd the previous pages for April and Casey - does anyone know where that should fall on the timeline yet?
Bobby indicated at the IDW forums that #47 would set it up. It evidently got published before it's split off point in the ongoing, so we'll just have to wait and see.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #226
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, we know it's post-47, but that's it. The first panel is probably the morning after the fight with Hun, but it's like a 3 or 4 day trip to AZ/CA, so the main story is most likely taking place during or right after the rest of Vengeance.

Gonna wait and see for now so as to not make an unnecessary mess of the list right now.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:25 AM   #227
General_Krang
Mouser

What is "A Lot to Learn?" I read a description on TMNT entity but I'm still a bit confused. Is it a complete book? How can I find it?
General_Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:48 AM   #228
Powder
So tired of this place

It's a short story printed in a collection of other short stories, the 30th anniversary special. Every few pages was a new tale taking place in the various TMNT comic universes, Mirage, Archie, IDW, etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #229
General_Krang
Mouser

Ah okay, I probably should've noticed that on TMNT entity but it was pretty late last night... Thanks Powder!
General_Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #230
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I think Casey & April mini series is before #50.

Didn't they left during/before Donnie's comma? Because of Rat King's comment about Donnie "being a shell of his former self"?

And where does The X-Files crossover placed in the timeline?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #231
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Didn't they left during/before Donnie's comma? Because of Rat King's comment about Donnie "being a shell of his former self"?

And where does The X-Files crossover placed in the timeline?
Yeah, Casey & April has been concurrent with the latter half of "Vengeance." I expect we'll see Casey & April back in the main book post-#50.

The X-Files crossover isn't canon. If it was, it would take place during "Northampton," but it contains several continuity errors and the events of the X-Files crossover essentially wiped out all the crossovers retroactively at the end. So don't worry about it. :p
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:50 AM   #232
Shark_Blade
Emperor

^Oh yeah, it is in Northampton arc timeline indeed. Cheers for the info!

I'm starting to re-read the series again so I like to have a correct flow of doing it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:52 AM   #233
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I hear ya, I have all my issues in reading order in the box for when I go back through them. Also, Dr. Spengler has a nifty list of all the issues in chronological order here.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:51 AM   #234
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

Didn't they left during/before Donnie's comma? Because of Rat King's comment about Donnie "being a shell of his former self?
Well they left the same night that the Stockman swarm was unleashed, and it's about a 2 day trip to California (and that's giving them no hotel stops, no traffic, and very few food stops, breaking the speed limit the whole way), and the Showdown in 50 is also the same night.

So while C&A kicks off right after 47, the bulk of the story is post Vengeance.

And when did Rat King ever address Donatello?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #235
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

While I haven't read #50 yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well they left the same night that the Stockman swarm was unleashed, and it's about a 2 day trip to California (and that's giving them no hotel stops, no traffic, and very few food stops, breaking the speed limit the whole way), and the Showdown in 50 is also the same night.

So while C&A kicks off right after 47, the bulk of the story is post Vengeance.
Basically, this.

We see April and Casey leaving for their trip in #47. A car-trip from New York to California is LONG. As ToTheNines pointed out, a 2-day estimate would be very generous and that's if they were singlemindedly booking it.

#48-50 all take place on the same night that April and Casey left, so none of those issues can happen after the Casey & April mini.

The only reason I wedged Casey & April #1 between #47 and #48 is because that issue had a prologue showing them leaving New York on the night of the invasion as seen in #47.

As always with these supplementary minis, even if their events can be distributed around issues of the ongoing, they're best read all at once after the main arcs they're written to complement.

I kinda hate having it the way I do, with the issues spread out, as it's a chronological order over a reading order, but I can't have it both ways so eh.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #236
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
The only reason I wedged Casey & April #1 between #47 and #48 is because that issue had a prologue showing them leaving New York on the night of the invasion as seen in #47.
While the first page takes place straight outta 47, the rest of the book is the following day, so I just put it with the rest since 1 flows directly into 2.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #237
Freeman
Hench Mutant

As far as I try to keep myself out of spoilers, I recently got most of the volumes this far and I'm reading them acording to this thread timeline.

Thank you so much guys for all the chronology info here. Unfortunately there are no threads to discuss the volumes so I'll have to catch you up and leave coments later: it's impossible for me to get the volumes any sooner and I'm not getting the issues one by one...

Right now I'm done with Northampton and heading to volume 10, so another lot of comics should be orderer soon to keep good track of all storylines.
I'm loving these series as much as I thought I would, only thing that bugs me is I can't discuss it with you guys in real time. I hate so much living in Europe when it comes to this...
Old 10-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #238
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
As far as I try to keep myself out of spoilers, I recently got most of the volumes this far and I'm reading them acording to this thread timeline.

Thank you so much guys for all the chronology info here. Unfortunately there are no threads to discuss the volumes so I'll have to catch you up and leave coments later: it's impossible for me to get the volumes any sooner and I'm not getting the issues one by one...

Right now I'm done with Northampton and heading to volume 10, so another lot of comics should be orderer soon to keep good track of all storylines.
I'm loving these series as much as I thought I would, only thing that bugs me is I can't discuss it with you guys in real time. I hate so much living in Europe when it comes to this...
oh man you're in for a wild ride. I envy you! I'll definitely be down for some discussion when you're caught up
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #239
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

You know, if y'all who are new to the book want to make a topic for re-reads/first-timers, you'd probably get some of us in there talking to you about it. It's been a while since I re-read a lot of the older story arcs too. And I get the impression a lot of people have hopped on the book in the past six months/year.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #240
Freeman
Hench Mutant

I actually would like to know is a Utrom Empire #4 is on the works and therefore a subsecuent Volume.
It would make absolute sense acording to Turtles in Time and April & Casey beeing also released as a volume.
Also, when is Vol 13 coming out?
Cant afford to get all single issues and volumes are a very good alternative, but don't wanna pay for shipping and stuff right before the next main plot volume comes out...

BTW, I'm freaking loving this series. Secret Story of the Foot Clan is GOLD.

Tags
timeline