The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

A Post-Turtles Forever Follow-Up

Where do imagine the 2K3 turtle's story went post-Turtles Forever?

Ch'rell and the turtle's new lair are both gone. Hun (Slash ) and those scores of mutant Purple Dragon and Foot Soldiers are still on 2K3 Earth. NYC and the world is safe. Is there anything left to explore for the 2K3 turtles?

The 2K3 series doesn't have the nostalgia star power that the 1987 series does. I doubt we'll ever get a team up with a new incarnation (the way the 87 turtles teamed up with the 2K3 and 2012 teams), but it's fun to dream of what happens next.
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 2k3 series didn't really leaving any unfinished plotlines, the closest one of course being Darius Dunn still with the Dark Turtles in the future, but it seems like Dark Leo was having a change of heart. With Cody being able to fight though he probably brought his uncle to justice eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

What are you talking about? 4Kids TMNT ended in the 4th season, with "Good Genes Part 2."
Old 01-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 5 was great, Season 6 ranged from good to the occasional standout episode, and Season 7 was mostly below average but there's 4 eps I'd place with the rest of the 2k3's run.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
sdp
-

We were told we were going to get the Shredder Wars that were hinted at in the first episode of Back to the Sewers. That would've been cool, also imagine having Tokka Hun as part of the show! The show finished without too many loose ends but there were still stuff to explore like Ratking, the future world, Space Usagi maybe.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #6
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
What are you talking about? 4Kids TMNT ended in the 4th season, with "Good Genes Part 2."
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Season 5 was great, Season 6 ranged from good to the occasional standout episode, and Season 7 was mostly below average but there's 4 eps I'd place with the rest of the 2k3's run.
I thought we all agreed that after the Lost Season/Defeat of the Oni Shredder, we jump to Turtles Forever. Since the art change for Turtles Forever was two step backwards and away from FF to BTTS. Ick. Like an admission by the producers and artists that they pushed things too far with FF and BTTS by aiming for kid friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We were told we were going to get the Shredder Wars that were hinted at in the first episode of Back to the Sewers. That would've been cool, also imagine having Tokka Hun as part of the show! The show finished without too many loose ends but there were still stuff to explore like Ratking, the future world, Space Usagi maybe.
The Shredder War would've been epic. Add in that Triceraton Shredder story while your at it. Instead we got Back to the Sewers/TMNT Tron.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Hun would probably want to return to the Technodrome to find an antidote for his mutation.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Utrom Shredder probably wasn't fully dead somehow and probably came back for more fights against the turtles since Splinter and Karai said:

"The Shredder is seldom gone for long."

"He shall return."

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:54 PM   #9
Overlord

How long time do you think Chrell stayed in the snow and ice on Morgaltal before being picked up by Krang?
Old 01-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
How long time do you think Chrell stayed in the snow and ice on Morgaltal before being picked up by Krang?
Atleast a few years must've passed between the end of season 3 and Turtles Forever, so I think.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Atleast a few years must've passed between the end of season 3 and Turtles Forever, so I think.
It's hard to accept that. It's not likely the Utroms have the same physicology as penguins and polar bears.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-09-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.O. View Post
I thought we all agreed that after the Lost Season/Defeat of the Oni Shredder, we jump to Turtles Forever. Since the art change for Turtles Forever was two step backwards and away from FF to BTTS. Ick. Like an admission by the producers and artists that they pushed things too far with FF and BTTS by aiming for kid friendly. .
Turtles Forever is after BTTS. The Turtles lair in Turtles Forever is the new one from BTTS. Likewise all of Hun's Purple Dragon henchmen were the new designs from BTTS, not any of the old Purple Dragons from Seasons 1-3.

Likewise Splinter's new design was a mix of his old one. They went back to the pupil-less Turtles because they were the most iconic design of the 2k3 run
Old 01-09-2019, 03:14 PM   #13
Overlord

Quote:
Turtles Forever is after BTTS.
I think most people agree on that.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #14
M.A.C.O.
Random Punk

Quote:
Turtles Forever is after BTTS. The Turtles lair in Turtles Forever is the new one from BTTS. Likewise all of Hun's Purple Dragon henchmen were the new designs from BTTS, not any of the old Purple Dragons from Seasons 1-3.

Likewise Splinter's new design was a mix of his old one. They went back to the pupil-less Turtles because they were the most iconic design of the 2k3 run
Not in dispute where TF is. My comment was in reference to season 5 being the jumping off point for fans. No one is going to say FF and BTTS are their favorite seasons of 2K3. You can go from the Ninja Tribunal to TF and miss nothing.

No Shocanabo, Viral, Serling, Cyber Shredder, Cody or references to the future are in TF.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #15
Overlord

Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.O. View Post
Not in dispute where TF is. My comment was in reference to season 5 being the jumping off point for fans. No one is going to say FF and BTTS are their favorite seasons of 2K3. You can go from the Ninja Tribunal to TF and miss nothing.

No Shocanabo, Viral, Serling, Cyber Shredder, Cody or references to the future are in TF.
I can't recall any Ninja Tribunal references either.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #16
sdp
-

You can go from season 3 basically and to TF as well, it's vague enough that anyone can follow it, hell even most who didn't watch 2k3, let's face it more people saw Turtles Forever than fans who watched 2k3 because of the OT turtles.

Interesting enough I do know of some people who prefer Fast Forward over 2k3 for some odd reason. But yeah any crossovers or references to 2k3 will be without references to FF and have them 'back to basics', similar to how the OT crossovers are in their most iconic form and not the red sky look/attitude.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #17
Overlord

Quote:
You can go from season 3 basically and to TF as well, it's vague enough that anyone can follow it, hell even most who didn't watch 2k3, let's face it more people saw Turtles Forever than fans who watched 2k3 because of the OT turtles.

Interesting enough I do know of some people who prefer Fast Forward over 2k3 for some odd reason. But yeah any crossovers or references to 2k3 will be without references to FF and have them 'back to basics', similar to how the OT crossovers are in their most iconic form and not the red sky look/attitude.
I don't think it takes place between seasons 3 and 4, or early-season 4. Then it would have Leonardo being angry over Shredder almost getting away.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #18
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant

well i would say that (even though i love fast forward)that season was not important and well it didn't leave anything out as it didn't matter as the future was always changing. then we go onto btts and then i would start to watch the season finally then stop at the theme song and watch turtles forever and then watch the last part of the season finally. the only reason why i would do this is because we do not see hun in the finally and splinter never see april and casey. and then with serling well i have one reason for it , he is packing up for the wedding. while this was all happening cyber shredder was getting his army ready to attack the wedding
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #19
Overlord

Hun

Quote:
You can go from season 3 basically and to TF as well
I think it's better to watch it post-season 7 of 4 Kids, because of Hun mutating in Turtles Forever.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:40 AM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite

It likely went with the 2k3 turtles fixing their lair and moving on with their lives, though now they know there are dimensions where other versions of themselves exist.