The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: NECA or Super7?
NECA 27 48.21%
Super7 7 12.50%
All NECA, fill holes with Super7 2 3.57%
Mix of both 9 16.07%
All of both 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #61
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I'm very impressed with NECA's SDCC showing so far, but I haven't seen anything from Super7.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #62
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I'm very impressed with NECA's SDCC showing so far, but I haven't seen anything from Super7.
Seriously. ToyArk had some photos of Super7's booth and it was all old stuff. I'm really hoping they've got something special planned off-site like they've done in the past. Not seeing anything would be really disappointing.
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #63
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I'm really hoping they've got something special planned off-site like they've done in the past. Not seeing anything would be really disappointing.
I'll second that.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #64
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Seriously. ToyArk had some photos of Super7's booth and it was all old stuff. I'm really hoping they've got something special planned off-site like they've done in the past. Not seeing anything would be really disappointing.
I'm guessing (hoping) that they're waiting until later in the show to put out the new stuff. They said they'd have 7" TMNT stuff to show us at SDCC. I know plans can change, obviously.

I don't think everyone puts out all the goodies for the Wednesday preview night.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #65
mikey0
Foot Elite

Are the Super 7 figures going to be sculpts of the Fred Wolf cartoon characters or styled after the 1988 Playmates line. I thought it was the latter for Super 7. I guess we’ll see in a couple of days.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #66
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Pixel Dan's interview with Super7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhrX-KlZGs

Short version:
-Nothing to show right now, but it's going good
-They expect to show stuff around October/November
-It's based off the 80s Playmates toyline (a change from his answer from NYCC)
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #67
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Pixel Dan's interview with Super7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMhrX-KlZGs

Short version:
-Nothing to show right now, but it's going good
-They expect to show stuff around October/November
-It's based off the 80s Playmates toyline (a change from his answer from NYCC)
If the Super 7 Deluxe 6-inch Donatello is anything like their Toxic Crusaders Toxie, I may have to pick up one for my cousin.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #68
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Based off the original toyline is a dream line for me, can't wait to see them, especially after their awesome looking toxie.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #69
Otter
Stone Warrior

Okay... so I'm a bit excited after that interview, and what Cornboy was saying about the Horsemen's involvement on a recent MWIGTKM podcast.

After only seeing two reveals at SDCC I was excited about, there may yet be money to be spent.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #70
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Based off the original toyline is a dream line for me, can't wait to see them, especially after their awesome looking toxie.
I wonder if there will be a Keshi Surprise Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Keshi ooze can with 12 1.75-Inch figures inside for the Turtles crew and the Foot Clan. There’s one Keshi Surprise Keshi trash can for Toxic Crusaders up for pre-order right now.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #71
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

After watching the interview with Pixel Dan, I am eager to see what Super7 has in store, but NECA has been killing it at SDCC.

With all the little "Easter Eggs" around the displays, I really truly feel that we will see Krang's Android Body. Seeing the small Krang holding that blueprint up in front is basically screaming it. I doubt that was not intentional. Plus in hearing there are two SOTO figures in the works already...that's gotta be Tokka and Rahzar! I am so psyched!
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #72
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Kinda glad Super 7 is going the updated classic toy route. I love the look of the 90's toys. Will be nice to get them with update articulation. Plus these will be fun to collect along side NECA. Only a little bummed we can't see anything yet. Oh and my wallet did not take the news well either.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 07-19-2019 at 01:33 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:15 PM   #73
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
After watching the interview with Pixel Dan, I am eager to see what Super7 has in store, but NECA has been killing it at SDCC.

With all the little "Easter Eggs" around the displays, I really truly feel that we will see Krang's Android Body. Seeing the small Krang holding that blueprint up in front is basically screaming it. I doubt that was not intentional. Plus in hearing there are two SOTO figures in the works already...that's gotta be Tokka and Rahzar! I am so psyched!
I can definitely see Tokka and Rhazar being made by either NECA or Super7 in the 2020s or sooner.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:26 AM   #74
ToSte
Hench Mutant

The super7 figures got me glad I didnt buy all of the NECA stuff
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:41 AM   #75
Chris
Mad Scientist

Having just seen the Super 7 stuff I definitely prefer it to the NECA cartoon stuff (my dream is still for NECA to continue the comic line but doesn’t look like that’s happening). It’s going to come down to price but I’m probably in for the major characters/first few waves.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #76
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Having just seen the Super 7 stuff I definitely prefer it to the NECA cartoon stuff (my dream is still for NECA to continue the comic line but doesn’t look like that’s happening).
I like this dream, and agree that it doesn't look like it's happening... yet. I still hold out hope. Maybe once the movie line runs its course.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #77
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Having just seen the Super 7 stuff I definitely prefer it to the NECA cartoon stuff (my dream is still for NECA to continue the comic line but doesn’t look like that’s happening). It’s going to come down to price but I’m probably in for the major characters/first few waves.
I agree. Having seen super 7’s ultimate figures I absolutely prefer them to the necas. Now how they are in person may be different but as a visual I really am happy with what they’re doing.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #78
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

NECA still all the way even after seeing the pictures of Super 7.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #79
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I feel the same! I'd love to see Neca continue the comic line, and I also love their movie line.

I think the Super7 are way more fun looking than the Neca cartoon figures though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote