The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
funatic
Mad Scientist

TMNT Zombicide SDCC exclusive

These are up for preorder from IDW after some difficulties with their server yesterday, looks like only a couple hundred left (of 2000): https://zombicidetmnt.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Never played Zombicide but seems like a decent game mechanic if you're into that genre. The sculpts for the turtles are a bit, um, intense, but I guess it fits the theme of post-apocalyptic zombie-battling? I kind of like Bebop and Rocksteady.

I'm probably passing on this after already dipping so much $ into IDW's more turtle-centric RPGs and having no playtime with the core game, hope it doesn't come back to bite me (like a zombie)! Anyone else played it before?

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, couldn't find any thread mentioning it!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Even though they said 2,000, I think that might have been false. There are now over 2,000 backers and they are still selling them. I think that might have been to create hype which is pretty annoying if that is the case since they wasted a lot of people time (including me) over the two days of their website failing twice and then changing to a time people were not prepared for.

Anyway.... I ordered mine and then I ordered the base game after. The game is pretty popular so I would expect it to be good, but I have not played it. For $55 I figured these would be a cool display item if nothing else.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
funatic
Mad Scientist

Yeah I saw the notification this morning that they still had more to sell, and the counters currently past 2200, strange. Maybe they’re dipping into their SDCC stock?

I watched a playthru of Zombicide and it looks like decent fun so let me know if you enjoy it. At that point maybe the turtles “exclusive” will still be available and I’ll snag it, lol. If not, maybe I’ll find their rules online and just put the Devitions Pack models to good use from the upcoming TMNT Adventures game.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote