Old 06-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #1021
Marksenad
Foot Soldier

Cheers man, ill have to pick it up somehow
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #1022
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Are there any places online that sell bags and boards for the oversize first few issues from vol 1??
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #1023
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Are there any places online that sell bags and boards for the oversize first few issues from vol 1??
Use either Golden Age or magazine bags/boards. I faced that same prob a few years back - you'll even find a few isues of volume 1 differ slightly in size and will fit a little tighter in modern bags than other issues.

#2 seems a little taller than the other early books though, because my board is still a tiny bit shorter than the book is tall.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #1024
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I have a question are the original archie issues in color??
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #1025
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I have a question are the original archie issues in color??
yes. colorwise, they looked like the sunday comic you'd see in a newspaper.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #1026
Azrael Macool
Random Punk

Okay, when I was a kid, I saw a turtles comic in the magazine stand of a local grocery store. This could pretty much be anytime from 93 to 97 or so. I'm pretty certain it was in color, and I think it only actually had 1 turtle in it. He didn't wear a bandana I don't think, as I recall he wore pants and that's it. I also seem to remember there being other characters I didn't know there too, so it might have been a crossover. I also remember thinking it was Raphael, and he swore and possibly killed people, because this was the first time I had ever seen that. Now, I don't remember it beige necessarily good, mind you, I just remember never being able to find it, or any mention of it, again. I suspect it may have been Bodycount, since it matches the time period, but I dunno.
Azrael Macool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #1027
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

Is IDW really just going to print one 'Color Classic' per month? I'm sure everyone can do the math. That would mean the series won't be finished until five years from now. I just don't want to get invested into the Volume One story, then IDW just quit publishing the comics.

I know I can just buy the older comics, or the Collected Volume's in paperback or hardcover, but I plan on just buying the new ones. Any chance they'll start publishing them more frequently? Or will it really take another five years?

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #1028
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

is there a list of what IDW is reprinting? I mean I know they are doing the Mirage books but are they reprinting the Archie also?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1029
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
is there a list of what IDW is reprinting? I mean I know they are doing the Mirage books but are they reprinting the Archie also?
I can't link to Amazon because I'm on my work computer, but IDW's already begun rereleasing the Archie stuff.

They've already come out with a reprint of the initial 3-issue miniseries a month or so back. They were collected in a "floppy" rather than a trade format and I can't seem to find it on Amazon.

The first proper trade paperback collection is scheduled for August 14, though it'll only contain TMNTA #1-4.

Volume 2 comes out November 6, but again, only 4 issues (#5-8).

They're $20 bucks a pop, too.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #1030
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

That's TPB's though, right? I think he's talking about actual issues, a la the 'Color Classics'.

And what about the Color Classics? Is it really going to take another 5 years to release them all?

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #1031
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
That's TPB's though, right? I think he's talking about actual issues, a la the 'Color Classics'.

And what about the Color Classics? Is it really going to take another 5 years to release them all?
Oops, my bad.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #1032
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I found the floppy Archie at my Comic store today. That's why I was wondering. I wanted to know what to tell him to pull for me. Now that I know the others will be trades it will make it a lot easier for me to let him know what to pull. Thanks.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #1033
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

Question

What issues are compiled into this http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...=ninja+turtles

ITs TMNT Classics Vol 1.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #1034
rich
Mad Scientist

Collects TMNT Vol. I (Mirage) issues #13 & 18 along with a collection of stories from the Shell Shock TPB, including “Bottoming Out,” “Junkman,” “O Deed,” “A Splinter in the Eye of God?”, and “Meanwhile… 1,000,000 B.C.”

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #1035
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Question for Spengs:

What characters from the guest-written issues of TMNT Vol. 1 are owned by their respective creators (according to legal notes in the issues)? I know that Rick Arthur owns Lucindra, and Michael Zulli apparently owns Desolution (and Rick Veitch never signed away the rights to the characters in his TMNT stories), any more? (and yes, I know that guest star characters like Dave Sim's Cerebus, Mark Martin's Gnatrat and Lasagna Lagna, Matt Howarth's Those Annoying Post Bros, and Michael Dooney's Gizmo and Fluffy Brockleton are owned by their respective creators).
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #1036
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

well thats cool, are they going to do a hardcover on this as well or keep these paperbacks?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1037
rich
Mad Scientist

I suppose it's always possible that a HC would be made of this if sales are good enough on the TPB. However, to my knowledge, a HC is not in the works or being planned at this time.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #1038
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

ok do we know what issues are being made to hardcover then?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #1039
rich
Mad Scientist

None of the Archie TMNTA stuff so far has been slated for HC. The only TMNT HC books to date are the Ultimate Collection HCs and the TMNT, Vol. 1: Change Is Constant Deluxe Edition HC

Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #1040
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post

No. The single issue Color Classics are only covering the Eastman and Laird material from the Ultimate Collections. And according to Bobby on the IDW forums they're currently only planned to go up to #11 (Ultimate Vol. 1+2), sales will determine if they do more after that.

The rest of Mirage Volume 1 (and 2, 4 and Image Vol. 3) are being colored and will be collected in the TMNT Classics TPBs and (as far as I'm aware) there are no plans for these to be released as single issues.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions