The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Official Episode Discussion: "The Manhattan Project" (aka "Wormquake!")

[Edit by Machias: Since the episode's up everywhere, We'll go ahead and have Zulithe's thread as the official Discussion. Enjoy! ]

EDIT: Nick.com is now steaming "The Manhattan Project" for FREE, two weeks before its TV premier date. They are marketing this episode as "Wormquake!" but the true title is "The Manhattan Project"

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...es/id815769991

Yup the 42 min episode is already on sale. I'm downloading it now! This is the ep that doesn't air on Nick for two weeks!

Two sentence Episode Summary from iTunes:
Spoiler:
"Facing Shredder's deadly new assassin, Leo must decide wheather to risk his brother's lives or ask for Splinter's help. Donnie must put aside his rivalry with Casy in order to uncover a new Kraang plot."

Here is what iTunes has to say about his second half of Season Two (plot details) [EDIT: iTunes has now removed this entire summary! Probably because it is too revealing about future episodes. Read at your own risk]:
Spoiler:
The Turtles learn of a new Kraang plot, and face a deadly new assassin. As Leo struggles to decide whether to risk his brothers’ lives or ask for Splinter’s help, Donnie struggles to put aside his rivalry with Casey. Then, when the Turtles try and relax by playing a fantasy role-playing game, they must learn the difference between fantasy and reality. And the Turtles will battle new enemies and old, including Slash and the Newtrailizer, who have now teamed up, Baxter Stockman with plans to mutate April, Pizza Face, and Karai! The Turtle action continues when a master thief steals Shredder’s helmet, Raph switches minds with a Kraang, and April is kidnapped! Then, enter the mysterious and bizarre realm of Dimension X, and get ready for the ultimate Kraang invasion where the Turtles break out the Turtle Mech and face Kraang Prime!

You can buy the two-part ep for 4.99 or buy the season pass for 24.99 and you will get access to the entire Second half of Season 2 as they become available

here is a little teaser for everyone. They altered the opening sequence... again! It has the zip line stuff now and also some of the new villains.

*EDIT after watching the episode*

WELL GUYS! I'm kinda in a state of semi shock right now, I just finished watching Of Rats And Men only to find out immediately after that this was out... and was not expecting it for a full two weeks! What a great surprise. I just finished watching Wormquake... but I'm hesitant to post much right now, I'm sure most people won't get to watch it until it airs on Nick... so that is going to be torture for sure. And I don't want to make that wait worse than it is. But there's definitely a lot to talk about.

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-03-2014 at 03:00 AM. Reason: title change
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Then does it mean that people who buy the episode now from itune can also see it today?! While all the others have to wait 2 weeks?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I bought the season pass and i am watching it as I write this.

But it says March 14th on the episode... I can not guarantee what will happen if you buy it and not the season... I don't know enough about how these things work.

You could try?

For all I know this could be a mistake that it was released early.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:30 AM   #4
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Can you buy using payasfe card?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

based on google, I think no. but you can try amazon or other places that sell TMNT episodes. Sorry, I don't have a full list.

*EDIT* I just checked amazon and vudu, and as of this writing neither are showing Season 4 yet. If anyone knows of more places that sell the episodes or seasons please post it

Also: I'm sure they will work this part out, but it doesn't show as Season 4 inside your iTunes library yet. I've had things like this happen before, they will fix it later.

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-02-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #6
JH24
Hench Mutant

Wow, thanks for the information, Zulithe. I hope you enjoyed it.

Although I can't buy it in my country it's nice to know people can have early access to the special.

Are you planning to post a summary or your impressions about the special?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

I loved the cheese phone scene! Tiger claw was huge I was surprised he was so big.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

I was completely blown away yet again. When I saw that the hour special was on Nick's website, I couldn't believe it. It was amazing seeing Tiger Claw in action. I loved the personality and voice they chose for him. But I still thought he would be more on par with Splinter.

As someone else pointed out, Xever doesn't seem to be much of a threat anymore. Before he mutated, he was tearing the turtles up. Now he offers refreshments? Wasn't Xever supposed to be a rage filled maniac who fought anyone or was ready to kill? I got really excited when I saw Rahzar again too, but why does he seem like he isn't much of a threat either? Isn't Rahzar a super mutant and isn't he supposed to be super fast and super strong? Mikey actually said Rahzar was too slow. I mean, what gives? And Rahzar seems WAY shorter than in "Mikey Gets Shellacne."

And the rest of Season 2 sounds great. But why is Slash teaming up with Newtralizer? It seemed like Slash wasn't going to fight the turtles anymore after he was saved by them. But then again, he only focused on Raph again. Well, it should be interesting to see to say the least.

A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
I was completely blown away yet again. When I saw that the hour special was on Nick's website, I couldn't believe it. It was amazing seeing Tiger Claw in action. I loved the personality and voice they chose for him. But I still thought he would be more on par with Splinter.

As someone else pointed out, Xever doesn't seem to be much of a threat anymore. Before he mutated, he was tearing the turtles up. Now he offers refreshments? Wasn't Xever supposed to be a rage filled maniac who fought anyone or was ready to kill? I got really excited when I saw Rahzar again too, but why does he seem like he isn't much of a threat either? Isn't Rahzar a super mutant and isn't he supposed to be super fast and super strong? Mikey actually said Rahzar was too slow. I mean, what gives? And Rahzar seems WAY shorter than in "Mikey Gets Shellacne."

And the rest of Season 2 sounds great. But why is Slash teaming up with Newtralizer? It seemed like Slash wasn't going to fight the turtles anymore after he was saved by them. But then again, he only focused on Raph again. Well, it should be interesting to see to say the least.
Well Slash and Newtie are the most likely bad guys to switch sides apart from Karai.

And yeah, I wish Rahzar and Fishface were threats, I mean, Rahzar looks shorter than last time and is much slower, and Fishface was no threat either.

Tiger Claw was just slightly below Splinter and Shredder in skill I think.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #10
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Can't wait to hear Danny trejo as Newtralizer
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #11
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Rahzar seeming slow?

Didn't watch, but I guess that makes sense as Mikey and the others are getting progressively stronger and can even handle Giant Mutant Rats on their own.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #12
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
They got the OT BGM much more closer to the original than the theme they played in Turtles Forever. It's beautiful...
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
As someone else pointed out, Xever doesn't seem to be much of a threat anymore. Before he mutated, he was tearing the turtles up. Now he offers refreshments? Wasn't Xever supposed to be a rage filled maniac who fought anyone or was ready to kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
Well Slash and Newtie are the most likely bad guys to switch sides apart from Karai.

And yeah, I wish Rahzar and Fishface were threats, I mean, Rahzar looks shorter than last time and is much slower, and Fishface was no threat either.
honestly, xever looked like he was scared of tiger claw and when xever said that refreshment bit 2 tigerclaw, I was expecting tigerclaw 2 say "yeah, u look tasty"

newtralizer isn't really a bad guy, they just fought cause of a misunderstanding and I can see y slash would team up w/ newtralizer
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post

Tiger Claw was just slightly below Splinter and Shredder in skill I think.
I see, well I hope they do team up with the turtles in the end. When Chris Bradford and Xever were first introduced, they were a huge threat. They seemed much more capable as humans. However, I thought once Bradford became Rahzar, he could defeat the turtles all by himself. At least, that is how Nick made it seem at first.

But now, Fishface and Rahzar are seeming way too much like Bebop and Rocksteady. Mikey was dodging and fighting Rahzar ALONE like it was easy. That is a huge nerf on Rahzar. Mikey couldn't even beat Dogpound alone. And that could be true about Tiger Claw, I mean he does seem very skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Rahzar seeming slow?

Didn't watch, but I guess that makes sense as Mikey and the others are getting progressively stronger and can even handle Giant Mutant Rats on their own.
Yes, Rahzar got nerfed hard. I can agree that the turtles may be improving, but Mikey should have still been at his limit. Nick is making Rahzar seem like a joke now and I didn't see that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
honestly, xever looked like he was scared of tiger claw and when xever said that refreshment bit 2 tigerclaw, I was expecting tigerclaw 2 say "yeah, u look tasty"

newtralizer isn't really a bad guy, they just fought cause of a misunderstanding and I can see y slash would team up w/ newtralizer
Heh, the cat eating a fish bit could make Xever a bit more afraid, I can understand that. And I see....well I do look forward to see the interaction between Newtralizer and Slash.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

that episode was...............crazy?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #16
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
When Chris Bradford and Xever were first introduced, they were a huge threat. They seemed much more capable as humans. However, I thought once Bradford became Rahzar, he could defeat the turtles all by himself. At least, that is how Nick made it seem at first.
-----
But now, Fishface and Rahzar are seeming way too much like Bebop and Rocksteady. Mikey was dodging and fighting Rahzar ALONE like it was easy. That is a huge nerf on Rahzar. Mikey couldn't even beat Dogpound alone. And that could be true about Tiger Claw, I mean he does seem very skilled.

----

Yes, Rahzar got nerfed hard. I can agree that the turtles may be improving, but Mikey should have still been at his limit. Nick is making Rahzar seem like a joke now and I didn't see that coming.

I agree with you on all of this. Plus both Rahzar and Xever seemed to have become too subservient, I'd thought they have a bit more 'fight' in them. And you are right, Razzy got nerfed.

Lastly I was also puzzled by Xever's comment- has he accepted being a fish now, with his remark about a 'tuna woman?' I'd kind of hoped he would still strive to be human again.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I agree with you on all of this. Plus both Rahzar and Xever seemed to have become too subservient, I'd thought they have a bit more 'fight' in them. And you are right, Razzy got nerfed.

Lastly I was also puzzled by Xever's comment- has he accepted being a fish now, with his remark about a 'tuna woman?' I'd kind of hoped he would still strive to be human again.
We were also disappointed to see the nerf. Rahzar is far from defeated though. I'm sure he'll get his chance to rip his place into Turtles 2012 history soon enough. Hoping there are some great episodes and sceens left for Rahzar for the remainder of the season. I think he needs to drink more milk. That's what ya get for not doing the health nut thing, big guy.

I wonder if TigerClaw would ever team up with the turtles over time. Loving his character so far, but would like a sceen or two some day with him using his weaponry on the side of green. Wondering who sliced off his tail?

Hoping no one screwed up by putting this ep on iTunes and the Nick sight early. Doubt it, but the thought has crossed my mind. Does anyone know how all that works? Just curious.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Perfect Mid-Season Finale!

'The Manhattan Project' is now my absolute FAVOURITE Episode of Nickelodeon's TMNT!

Just....soooooo many Awesome moments and Perfect executions of these brilliant ideas that the writers had. In fact, the writing was at it's peak here with a perfect balance of comedy, action and plot progression. I feel like this is a turning point for the entire series, we had a fantastic B-plot that was actually as great as the A-plot! Not a single moment dragged in this 40-Minute Special. It got even more intense than 'The Gauntlet' while being just as clever with it. LOVED this Episode!

Now for the Spoilers, just because I can't stop thinking about this Amazing 2-parter:

Spoiler:
Where most 2-partners usually drag to add a another minute of exposition, this one gets straight to the action with Karai and The Foot Clan hunting the Turtles. This was a much-appreciated way to start the special because it already pumps the viewers up to the extreme! Another awesome scene was the whole Dimensions Teleporting scene where we got to see these awesome designs such as Dimension X. This also paved the way for an amazing action scene as the turtles split up and we get to see the different plot points brilliantly intertwine. Great character development for Leo, Splinter, Mike and Donny. Especially Splinter who I was surprised to see quickly aid his sons topside as opposed to finding another excuse not to go. The only one I was disappointed with was Raph who for some reason needs to argue and bicker with Leo like a little child. Didn't we develop from this character trope already? Anyway, the whole Chase scene with the Worms was Awesome and when Casey got swallowed by the giant Worm, my jaw hit the floor. Same thing happened when Splinter was posoined and left to die at the hands of The Shredder; Great return for this villain btw. Speaking of villains, Tiger Claw is a complete BADASS! Love how the show keeps raising the stakes with all these powerful villains that are deeply intriguing at the same time. Splinter fighting for his son till the last breath was just captivating and very inspiring. Karai had a great dilemma as well that linked to the Turtles story. This was probably one of the more serious episodes of Season 2 but that doesn't stop the most hilarious, Surreal, Amazing, Greatest Cameo/Ending to an Animated TV Episode I've ever seen:

The 80's Turtles Ending. Just, wow! I really wish they didn't advertise this because EVERYONE's jaw would've hit the floor! The fact that they got the real voice actors while having the Classic Turtles jump off the building with an Iconic pose AND FINALLY SHOUTING "COWABUNGA" really ended the episode well. There's even a bit of canon info added to the OT Series as the random monsters that appeared are now explained to be Dimension hopping from different Turtle universes. That was really clever and a great side-joke!

(10/10) for 'The Manhatten Project'

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #19
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

@Jon Talbain

Wait, so Mikey was fighting Rahzar on his own? That hardly makes any sense because he could effortless take down 3 turtles all on his own.

Now I'm really anxious. So anxious that I might watch the episode soon.

P.S. Mikey during Shellacne could fight Dogpound on his own.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
@Jon Talbain

Wait, so Mikey was fighting Rahzar on his own? That hardly makes any sense because he could effortless take down 3 turtles all on his own.

Now I'm really anxious. So anxious that I might watch the episode soon.

P.S. Mikey during Shellacne could fight Dogpound on his own.
Yes, it couldn't even be called a fight. Mikey was just dodging and playing with Rahzar. And Mikey did fight Dogpound to a certain extent, but remember Mikey got punched to the ceiling by Dogpound too. And Mikey and other others were terrified of Dogpound at first. It is just a downward spiral for Bradford so far.

Tags
episode discussion, nick