The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #841
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Well i had a mystery package appear on my pourch today, i opened it up and it was a mint SDCC case. Seems NECA kept their promise to replace the damaged goods so i have mo problem with their CS. They resolved the issues
Glad to hear that some people are getting taken care of, and thanks for letting us know.

I actually emailed NECA today asking why some people were getting replacement cases when others are still waiting for parts (in my case for several months).

Here's what they said:

"We got the cases ahead of the parts, we expect everyone to receive parts by the end of October."

Not holding my breath, but hopefully they'll come through (customer service had initially told me they would be in by the end of August).
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #842
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.tom View Post
Living in the EU you have to pay taxes and fee if you buy something from a non-EU country. VAT (+/- 20%) + costums (depends on the value) + handling fee.

Sometimes you are lucky an the package slips through the system.
Oh right, I see. On that note, the price quoted includes 10% general sales tax (GST).
Old 09-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #843
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oops, I forgot for a moment that the people of today are just fine getting their info from biased sources.
What flavor is that kool-aid you keep drinking? He clearly states that he "wants" to like NECA in the video but it's a difficult thing to do given their disregard to the consumer. Which he points out with screencaps of tweets from NECA and the NECA CS twitter accounts. If anything it's a well-founded bias.

So all in all what NECA does or doesn't do for/to it's customer base is ok as long as no one calls them out on it? Don't rock the boat I guess.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #844
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
Glad to hear that some people are getting taken care of, and thanks for letting us know.

I actually emailed NECA today asking why some people were getting replacement cases when others are still waiting for parts (in my case for several months).

Here's what they said:

"We got the cases ahead of the parts, we expect everyone to receive parts by the end of October."

Not holding my breath, but hopefully they'll come through (customer service had initially told me they would be in by the end of August).
They just told me end of October too. It's been a long wait. But I have never had NECA not support any damage or defect I have reported to them. So I am cautiously optimistic.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:57 PM   #845
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Here's what they said:

Thanks for the update!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #846
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Here's what they said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
They just told me end of October too. It's been a long wait. But I have never had NECA not support any damage or defect I have reported to them. So I am cautiously optimistic.
i emailed them back in July and they still remembered to send out a case. i dont think anyone has anything to worry about
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #847
Yoo-hoo
New Recruit

How does the NECA shredder from this set look next to the figuarts turtles? I already bought all of them hoping they would release shredder but we all know how that turned out
Yoo-hoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #848
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo-hoo View Post
How does the NECA shredder from this set look next to the figuarts turtles? I already bought all of them hoping they would release shredder but we all know how that turned out
The Shredder might be slightly too small. But overall pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SHF Shredder.jpg (36.4 KB, 106 views)

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #849
nilocomic
New Recruit

Pleasantly surprised to find that NECA came through with mailing out replacement heads that have better eyes painted in. Got these in the mail today.

IMG_9095.jpg
nilocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #850
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilocomic View Post
Pleasantly surprised to find that NECA came through with mailing out replacement heads that have better eyes painted in. Got these in the mail today.

Attachment 11583
No offense but if these are better I'd hate to see what the originals look like. I don't know if it's the angle but mikey still looks derpy while raph and don are staring into space.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #851
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
No offense but if these are better I'd hate to see what the originals look like. I don't know if it's the angle but mikey still looks derpy while raph and don are staring into space.
Yeah I don’t get the constant eyes looking up on all these. Even Neca’s reveal clearly had this, they just posed them best they could.

Can’t be that hard to center a black circle.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #852
nilocomic
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Yeah, they aren't amazing, but a vast improvement over the originals I got (see below). At least now their eyes are looking in the same direction.

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg
nilocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #853
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, they aren't amazing, but a vast improvement over the originals I got (see below). At least now their eyes are looking in the same direction.

Attachment 11584

Attachment 11585

Attachment 11586

Attachment 11587
Yeah I get what you're sayin' now after seeing the originals.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #854
DVD
Mad Scientist

Hoping to have set tomorrow.
I’ve been sent pics of the set that I am having flown over from the US , which was a nice gesture.
It all looked good in the pics .... and, yup, I’m a little excited for this set.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #855
predaking000
Thug

Quote:

Attachment 11583
Thanks for the update. Still waiting on my end. Hopefully everyone gets his/her parts by the end of the month.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #856
DVD
Mad Scientist

It’s here.... YES!!!

This packaging is simply beautiful. If there was nothing inside, I’d be happy with just the box ! Haha

However, the figures and their extras are stunning ....

OK, the Turtle figures are the same as those used in the Video Game set. But oddly enough actually look like different figures. They’re not.

Then Shredder looking seriously cool in this color scheme. And Krang and the walker never looked so cool.
The Foot soldiers are great.

All in all , I think this is instantly my favorite Turtles figure set. Love it.

Here’s Leo, Leo and ... Leo

Last edited by DVD; 10-18-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #857
AquaParade
Banned

Any word on whether or not we'll ever have a chance to purchase these again? Is Ebay the only hope for me?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #858
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Nice pictures DVD!

Just wondering, is anyone else pre-ordering the set at Popcultcha in Australia?
Seems like the best (least expensive) method for fans in Europe at the moment.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #859
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Nice pictures DVD!

Just wondering, is anyone else pre-ordering the set at Popcultcha in Australia?
Seems like the best (least expensive) method for fans in Europe at the moment.
Was thinking about it, but they're not must haves for me because I already got the Figuarts ones and have tons of other things I want to buy, but I'm not discarting them yet
Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 AM   #860
DVD
Mad Scientist

These ended up being must haves for me, I’m afraid.. haha!!

I’ve been messing with the Turtles today - well , I still haven’t found a way to display the set yet. The other Neca comic con sets sit nicely into my unit, but this monster.. no chance.

Anyway: here’s a couple of shots from today’s messing...

Best set ever... except it’s a b!tch to display .. haha!!