The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #1941
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang316 View Post
Yes you are right about him being in series 6. However first you have to find them then you have to hopefully select the right bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Fishface is also available in the series 6 blind bags which are available now, though in very limited areas. That might be a better/cheaper way to get him.
Well, I can tell you what I did. I emailed ToyWiz and asked if I ordered in multiples of 24, would they be fulfilled as entire cases, or would they be sent as random individuals. They wrote back saying they were willing to pull aside entire cases for me. So I did that, but it involved a few phone calls/emails back and forth along the way to make sure they were doing what I hoped they would do -- and they did.

I just got in my 2 cases from them the other day. I like to have an open and sealed complete set of these so that was the only way to go, short of waiting to find out if these would make it to US stores and then hunting around for 2 of each ultra/secret rare. Actually, I like to have 2 sealed sets, but I wasn't going to press my luck and order a 3rd case (plus pay the premium a 3rd time). After the Nick series winds down I'm about to swear off the kind of collectibles that are so hard to find at retail, in favor of things I can order easily and reasonably priced by full case online. The hunt is fun but it's starting to consume life and that's wearing me out.

As a side note, they left all the stickers from their supplier on the case boxes, so I was able to glean that on the same purchase order mine came from they ordered a total of 58 cases. Wow! That large number plus the fact they're on the Walmart planogram still actually makes me hopeful that we might see Series 6 at Walmart soon, but I'm not one to leave to chance at this point when the line has been faltering and Series 5 looks to have been dumped in Canada.

Quote:
Toywiz has the new Mega Construx Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sewer Battle Building Set Action Figure with Fishface.

However their mark up of price to $44.99 is a real turn off for me, i cant justify paying that much for Fishface. The rest of the set is pretty poor IMO.
It's my fault it went up to 44.99...sorry...I also threw a Sewer Chase in with my blind bag orders, I was probably one of the first to order it and it was 39.99 at that time (still price gouging but I sucked it up because I think there's a fair chance this is gonna be really hard to find otherwise -- the real MSRP for this set is probably 19.99). ToyWiz extorts us...putting up "1-2 available" to see if anyone bites and then slowly trickling more trying to find the maximum exploitable price... It's also probably my fault the Series 6 bags went up to 5.99 -- they were 4.99 when I ordered.

If you give them time and nobody else takes their bait, they will eventually fall back down again to initial price or possibly lower. Same thing always happens.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #1942
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Definitely Casey since they already have a mold for him. I don't really see anyone else being prominent enough a character for the heroes line though, they pretty much got all the best ones already.
I don't disagree, but this wave did get a generic borg. So I figured they might be up for giving one slot to an army builder figure.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:56 AM   #1943
Krang316
Foot Soldier

Thanks for the info Donnielaforge. If your looking to sell any of series 6 then please let me know. I would love a Bebop and Fish face.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #1944
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Sooooo.... THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Coney Island is now up for pre-order in TWO places:
EntertainmentEarth with an October landing date for $19.99 + ship.
Amazon.com from a 3rd party with a December landing date for $40 + ship.

Sewer Chase is also on EE for $29.99, along with some full cases that contain the other 2017 releases (one case has a Dimension X Battle / Throne Room mix, another has the new Mike/Raph vehicles, another has the Sewer Leo/Raph sets that until now were mostly found at Dollar General, and one has the Kitchen Chaos / Mouser Attack). All set for October.

There's a case of training packs as well, where the image shows the old Dollar General training packs but has text as part of the image that says "example image, actual case contents will differ". This gives me some hope that this might be a case of the sports training packs... Kraang Dunk, Hockey, Baseball, Touchdown?

In which case, everything we knew of *except* the Shellraiser set might be available soon!?!? Woohoooo!

Quote:
Thanks for the info Donnielaforge. If your looking to sell any of series 6 then please let me know. I would love a Bebop and Fish face.
There's only one Bebop & Fish Face per case, so I only have 2 of each and I need them both for my own collection. If you need any of the others (except Elite Foot, keeping all those for my army) let me know.

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 09-25-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #1945
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Didn't see them an Entertainment Earth. I did on Amazon and at least put it in my watch list. Thanks for that heads up. Boo for buying from ToyWiz!
Old 09-26-2017, 03:15 AM   #1946
Krang316
Foot Soldier

I did notice the Coney Island set on Amazon and is release date of 20th Dec. Though it seems to have disappeared this morning. But hopefully with Entertainment Earth also listing it we will finally get a shot at owning the set.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #1947
Darealjstylez
Random Punk

checkout my instagram i created a legit ratking plus I got a nice TMNT megaconstrux collection instagram- Brickboytoyz
Darealjstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #1948
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Hey guys, in Australia, the Reject Shop is selling Out of the Shadows figures for $2-3 when they were normally $4-5. I guess the Out of the Shadows stuff didn't sell too well tbh. I found the Sewer Lair, that was originally $150, now only $29. Man, they are really trying to get a rid of this stuff.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #1949
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah those got marked down to clearance prices stateside at Wal-mart, too. Nabbed a Casey Jones a while back.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #1950
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm hoping to pick up a discounted Technodrome this month... think I talked the household into me dropping three digits on toys.

EDIT: Bit the bullet, now waiting on the mail... can't wait to put this together with my kids.

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 10-11-2017 at 09:32 AM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #1951
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I just snagged 2 Shellraiser Showdown sets from the toy sorceror that shall not be named... they were 49.99 at that point in time. Surely more will be up today or tomorrow, surely for 5-10 bucks more in the short term until their spell wears off.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #1952
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Impatient

I sure hope the new sets start showing up more readily available. I don’t really feel like paying top dollar for finishing my mega construction set!

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #1953
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I just got notice that Entertainment Earth is shipping the Subway Chase set (the one with Raph and Fishface) as well as the case I ordered which should have the Shredder's Throne sets. The Coney Island set isn't available yet.

Now I just have to cross my fingers extra hard that I luck out when Farm and Fleet opens their toy section this Saturday.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:21 AM   #1954
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I just got notice that Entertainment Earth is shipping the Subway Chase set (the one with Raph and Fishface) as well as the case I ordered which should have the Shredder's Throne sets. The Coney Island set isn't available yet.

Now I just have to cross my fingers extra hard that I luck out when Farm and Fleet opens their toy section this Saturday.
I got a ship notice as well for the sewer subway chase and the mystery case of "training packs". Good chance they won't be the sports packs I'm hoping for but I had to try...

Sure hope Coney shows up!!

We have a chain called "Mill's Fleet Farm" which carried a lot of TMNT mega last year. I went in to one for the first time in months a week ago and almost all toys were gone, mostly "girl toys" left. Looked like they were trying to clear out all toys. I suppose it could have been Christmas prep to empty the shelves? Or they have just given up on toys.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 AM   #1955
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
We have a chain called "Mill's Fleet Farm" which carried a lot of TMNT mega last year. I went in to one for the first time in months a week ago and almost all toys were gone, mostly "girl toys" left. Looked like they were trying to clear out all toys. I suppose it could have been Christmas prep to empty the shelves? Or they have just given up on toys.
Fleet Farm and Farm & Fleet I believe share a history of some sort, but they are different chains now. Fleet Farm tends to have more variety all year round from what I've seen of their ads. (There isn't one of their stores close enough to be worth going to.) Farm & Fleet on the other hand doesn't have a toy department all year long. They open in October and then clear everything out right after Christmas. The nice thing is that since the restock completely to open the toy department in October, everything is from a relatively new assortment and their prices are really low. I think they basically sell at cost or just barely over it. The down side is that they don't carry a huge selection and traditionally, their opening day is it's own little black Friday and some things can sell out quickly.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #1956
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Got my orders in this weekend; the Party Wagon didn't take too long to assemble, but man... the Technodrome is huge! I had no idea it was actually worth its retail price.

I hate the Fred Wolf minifigures though... too many tiny bits to lose, like all of the detachable bandannas and arm/leg bands...
Old 10-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #1957
Leonarjoe
Mouser

Hello, Everyone! First time poster!

I just got back from Wal Mart and found SERIES 6 in the Mega Construx section.

Here are the codes and characters.

15047 April
12047 Bebop
11047 Super Ninja Leo
10047 Orange Mikey
08047 Vision Quest Donnie
07047 Space Raph
13047 Fish Face
14047 Foot

Happy Hunting!

For what it's worth, I'm in South Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22539788_789964404428_9087531445516785212_n.jpg (100.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Leonarjoe; 10-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Leonarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #1958
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Nice to see that some of the final sets are being released.
Welcome to the Forums by the way, Leonarjoe.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #1959
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Man I wish I could find series 5 or 6 in the wild 😕. I keep hoping I stumble upon them instead of paying triple their worth online

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:27 PM   #1960
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2007 View Post
Man I wish I could find series 5 or 6 in the wild 😕. I keep hoping I stumble upon them instead of paying triple their worth online
Did you need April or Rahzar from series 5 or just the more common ones?