The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, what do you think of Bebop and Rocksteady??
The bacon's in! 13 16.05%
Rhino Legs very fast, good workout - better than pilates! 18 22.22%
Hmm, what are the chances Karai's gonna get brainwashed...? 8 9.88%
Holy crap, the Mutanimals are back! 8 9.88%
Amazing Rollercoaster action, any wonder it took so long since the last ep... 34 41.98%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #61
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the Karai situation is getting frustrating?
What has happened to her so far:
-Shredder locks her in a cell
-She escapes, goes back, and gets mutated
-She gets captured again
I swear to god. If they make her evil again I'll lose my sh*t.
Oh, you're definitely not the only one.

It's like the writers really didn't want her becoming an ally just yet, so they decided to have mutated (which is *the* biggest solution for making any character more significant now that I think about it) and throw in the "struggling between staying sane and going feral" angle so she'd be a wild card that everyone will fight over more than before.

Because who wants closure, amirite?
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #62
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

Finally a Season 3 episode I was satisfied watching (other than the end). My random thoughts: I too loved the Leo and Mikey team up, I thought it was a little odd Donnie and Raph were knocked out so easily, and I love Leo's expression when Mikey was happy that they were going to the rollercoaster site (Leo, you're too soft on Mikey ^_^). Oh, that next mutation comment was out of nowhere but perfect. Heh.

Now I'm going to watch 'Battle for New York' before my lunch break is over...

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #63
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Great episode. It was just all around great, and it was amazing how much action and story they stuffed into about twenty minutes. My only complaint is how Bebop and Rocksteady acted towards Shredder at the beginning. They were furious for being mutated and then after Shredder hits them a couple times, Rocksteady says, "Okay, we're on your side." Even though it was shown that Shredder's skill is superior, I don't think they'll be loyal to him very long. Heck, they weren't even that loyal this episode, because they first wanted to hunt down the turtles instead of Karai.
Leo was great this episode. Lately, since they returned to NYC, I've been thinking he was too stiff, but he loosened up a bit this episode. "You has my word." Also, his smile when he was going down on the cart towards Rocksteady was perfect.
Not much else to say. Just where was Splinter?

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #64
ToTheNines
[sic]

I was kind of annoyed that they were lazy and had Coney Island be in Manhattan on that map in the beginning when it's actually way south in Brooklyn. And like someone else said, why the hell was a movie being shown at the Argosy?

Nitpicking, I know. But still.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #65
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I was kind of annoyed that they were lazy and had Coney Island be in Manhattan on that map in the beginning when it's actually way south in Brooklyn. And like someone else said, why the hell was a movie being shown?

Nitpicking, I know. But still.
Well keep in mind this isn't meant to be a realistic interpretation of New York like 4Kids went out of their way to make. As for the movie theater, a friend who works at the local Regal Cinema told me that most film projectors are set on a timer these days and play by themselves so maybe one could argue the case that the marathon was planned way in advance.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #66
neatoman
Emperor

It was nice with a a few new sets and it was nice to see Bebop and Rocksteady greatly reimagined from those worthless morons they once were, still don't quite see the point of introducing them though.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #67
Fang Wolf
Proud Swedish Furry

I kind like this Ep.
Oh Yeah, I like bebop's Michael Jackson dance...

Oh No!
Karai is take back to Shredder!
Fang Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #68
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

This was one of my favorite episodes of the season so far.
I really was hoping ice cream kitty was going to get turned back to normal when the mutagen was spraying all over though.
The rollercoaster part was fantastic!
And I really like Rocksteady in this series, Anton not so much...he's kind of annoying.
I hope we do get more of them though and that they're not just more background mutants like many of the others have become.
The end with Karai was pretty sad, I hated seeing her in that cage.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #69
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Ice Cream Kitty doesn't ever need to be de-mutated. She's adorable as is, and was ragged looking prior. I was afraid she was going to get splashed and de-mutate, which would've been devastating.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #70
SophieDem
Foot Soldier

Still love Zack. I mean Bebop. And the communist Rocksteady was just hilarious but the more I get to know their personality the more I love them. Honestly, they are more badass then Rahzar and Fishface, or is it just me?

Spoiler:
It was sad to see Karai say goodbye and Leo trying her to stop. That broke my heart.

I just want that poor girl to have a normal life after those tortures. I hope one day she'll reunite with her family.

Leo and Long-Neck Alien is my otp. - Candy Kappa

SHIPPER! SHIPPER I TELL YOU!
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
And I really like Rocksteady in this series, Anton not so much...he's kind of annoying.
I hope we do get more of them though and that they're not just more background mutants like many of the others have become.
My only problem with Bebop is the high-pitched squeals the voice actor does when he finishes his lines, but other than that he's fine.

I love how Rocksteady is like a tank now. It brings back memories of the NES games when I was 5 years old and had trouble beating Rocksteady because he kept kicking me over and over. lol.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #72
xenopokemon
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My only problem with Bebop is the high-pitched squeals the voice actor does when he finishes his lines, but other than that he's fine.
It gets old pretty fast but at least he and Rocksteady mean business in this generation. They aren't stupid but at the same time they will butt heads sometimes.
xenopokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #73
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I'm hoping the whole Karai situation plays out that after her inevitable brain wash, she'll regain complete control of her mutation, sacrificing the cure for some noble cause, tell the Turtles and Splinter how much they appreciated all they tried to do for, but she has to go out and figure where her place in the world is, assuring that she'll return at some point. Thus there is closure, she's not forced into an April like position of just being there, and there's no more back and forth. We lose her as a regular character, but save her from becoming completely annoying. Plus it will give the animators a reason to reuse the animation model of her in the jacket, dressed casual, when she first met April.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
I'm hoping the whole Karai situation plays out that after her inevitable brain wash, she'll regain complete control of her mutation, sacrificing the cure for some noble cause, tell the Turtles and Splinter how much they appreciated all they tried to do for, but she has to go out and figure where her place in the world is, assuring that she'll return at some point. Thus there is closure, she's not forced into an April like position of just being there, and there's no more back and forth. We lose her as a regular character, but save her from becoming completely annoying. Plus it will give the animators a reason to reuse the animation model of her in the jacket, dressed casual, when she first met April.
I just wish they would get rid of the snake mutation entirely. Its not that unlikely since they got rid of Kirby-bat after only a handful of appearances.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #75
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
He's a pig, pigs tend to squel, I like it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #76
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I just wish they would get rid of the snake mutation entirely. Its not that unlikely since they got rid of Kirby-bat after only a handful of appearances.
I'm fine with the snake mutation, provided she was able to regularly take on the appearance of Karai, albeit with more snake-like eyes, and it was a form that she could actively change into, but tends to avoid due to the fact it kind of messes with her mind.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #77
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Loved this episode. I thought the rollercoaster scene was awesome and the best scene out of all of them. Loved the haunted house, too. I had a feeling Karai's mutation wouldn't get resolved, and I was right. I had tears in my eyes when she said, "I just wanted to say goodbye to you all." And now she's been captured by Shredder and will most likely get brainwashed. Loved how Mikey named Bebop and Rocksteady and how Bebop hates his name. The Next Mutation reference had me laughing, too. Overeall, a very good episode. Can't wait for next week's though I will visit the thread because I'm a glutton for punishment.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #78
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

Really good Ep. The turtles in fine form!
The new interpretations of Bebop and Rocksteady are great,the vocal actors have really captured b&r - the playmate figure needs a drastic reprint for it to look like a true likeness though.
I loved the whole theme park fight. Really great animation

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #79
THGhost
Puppet Master

Link me up anyone?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #80
Karai Samurai
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I'm waiting for people to start complaining about racial stereotypes.
Eh. It's not stereotypes, but dated TV tropes I'll complain about. This show is super 80s obsessed, even down to the way it presents its characters. Rocksteady threw a sickle and randomly interjects in Russian. Bebop is a Michael Jackson wannabe who calls people homie. I'm black and the youngest person I've ever heard use the word homie was like at minimum 35. It's super dated.

But I'm nitpicking. Decent episode, the roller coaster scene was top notch, as with all of the fight scenes this season. I can't be the only one who finds Bebop and Rocksteady a rehash of Shredder's other mutant henchmen. Bebop has the same scrawny build and acrobatic fight style as Xever/Fishface. Rocksteady is brute force and raw power just like Tigerclaw and Rahzar. Rocksteady even used Mickey as a wager exactly like how Tigerclaw did in the Manhattan Project. I do like the characters, but I wish they were a bit more original. April was less annoying, although I didn't like the fact that she held her own more than Donnie did against Bebop. Seemed a bit unrealistic. And ugh, just hurry up and demutate Karai already! I'm so tired of the melodrama. I just want to see her be her badass self again.

But once again I'm nitpicking. I like this episode. Kudos to whoever guessed the Coney Island thing.

Karai Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, karai, the pig and the rhino