The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 AM   #41
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Most/all. I think on a genetic level, I tend to believe it's the male body delivering the message to the opposite sex that, "Don't mate with me. There is either something wrong with me, or I've had enough kids or possibly whacked off a whole lot and my body thinks I've had oodles. Or both."
Most or all? I don't think that many women are turned off by just a bald spot. I'm sure some really nitpicky women are.

Found these videos. Can someone imbed them please? I don't know why I can't get them to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eEe...nBtQNDlAEkSAdQ Job study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2pSEX2_nNE Funny commercial that totally fits this discussion
Old 03-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Most or all? I don't think that many women are turned off by just a bald spot.
You're living in a land of illusion. Right away they're thinking, "Ew," or if not that then, "Sh*t, our children will have that problem. No way!"
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:34 AM   #43
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
You're living in a land of illusion. Right away they're thinking, "Ew," or if not that then, "Sh*t, our children will have that problem. No way!"
You said most or all. So that's something like 95-100% out of a 100.

You really think THAT many women are totally against a bald spot? I could see probably 50%. Plus a lot of women are attracted to bald men. Not the same as a spot, I know. Just mentioning it.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
You said most or all. So that's something like 95-100% out of a 100.
Yeah.

Quote:
You really think THAT many women are totally against a bald spot? I could see probably 50%. Plus a lot of women are attracted to bald men. Not the same as a spot, I know. Just mentioning it.
Not the same.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:15 AM   #45
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised so many people here don't know that. Balding men don't do well in the dating scene, and you should just shave your head completely at that point.

Unfortunately if I start really balding I don't have many options, I don't think I'd look good with a shaved head. I'm just a white guy and I'm not tall enough to pull off the bald head look. Only tall white guys can have shaved heads.
My fiance was barely 5'7" and he was balding and shaved it off at 25-26. White guy. Sexy as hell. He wore a goatee too.

He was killed in a motorcycle accident though. I still miss him. He was a really amazing guy. My soul mate if there ever was one.

Anyway, the point is that for all the different body types, shapes, and situations, there's someone out there who will find it attractive.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:07 AM   #46
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

The worst thing balding man can do in my opinion, is try and cover it (comb over) or hide it. It becomes 1000 times more noticeable. If you shave it all off, or cut it very sort (if you have not lost much) It looks 1000 times better. Hopefully something I never have to face but there are worse things that can happen.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 03-06-2017 at 07:13 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #47
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, unless you're black or hispanic, its hard to pull off the shaved head look. Bruce Willis was able to do it, but even then I liked him more with hair.
You don't think Stone Cold Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg can pull that look off? They look badass as hell. I certainly wouldn't mind looking like them, but even though I'm around 183cm(6'0) I'm a bit on the skinny side, so I'd just look like an alien if I shaved my head bald.

Anyway, my hair is receding a bit but fortunately no bald spots yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
My fiance was barely 5'7" and he was balding and shaved it off at 25-26. White guy. Sexy as hell. He wore a goatee too.

He was killed in a motorcycle accident though. I still miss him. He was a really amazing guy. My soul mate if there ever was one.

Anyway, the point is that for all the different body types, shapes, and situations, there's someone out there who will find it attractive.
I'm a firm believer that having a nice looking face trumps everything else. A girl can be a bit underweight or needs to lose a couple of kilograms, but if she has a nice looking face, I'm sold.

The thing is, most people out there don't look like greek gods, despite what the media, all the magazines and all the "do you even lift brah!" people show/tell you.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #48
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, unless you're black or hispanic, its hard to pull off the shaved head look. Bruce Willis was able to do it, but even then I liked him more with hair.
What in tarnation...

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Not true.
Male pattern baldness comes from the mother's genetics, not the father's.

The only unattractive thing about a balding guy is that so many of them are insecure about it. There's nothing attractive about insecurity. Losing your hair? Own it.

It's when dudes try to hide it that it becomes unattractive.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #50
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The two men I most respect in the world are bald:

Jean-Luc Picard
Benjamin Sisko

OWN THAT CUEBALL. OWN IT... AND BECOME A STARFLEET LEGEND.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Whenever I see a guy turn around with a donut hole in his head, it really does reek, "man this guy is old" or, "why doesn't he shave his head? He looks terrible?" thoughts in my mind.

And I'm just a guy. I can't imagine what women or job employers must be thinking.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
My fiance was barely 5'7" and he was balding and shaved it off at 25-26. White guy. Sexy as hell.
What do you look like?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
What in tarnation...
Dude it's CyberCubed

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Not true.
Male pattern baldness comes from the mother's genetics, not the father's.

The only unattractive thing about a balding guy is that so many of them are insecure about it. There's nothing attractive about insecurity. Losing your hair? Own it.

It's when dudes try to hide it that it becomes unattractive.
Yeah, thank you women in my family for my already slightly receding hairline.

My father and his father eventually became bald fairly young(in their 30s-40s), But my maternal grandfather kept his hair until his death(he died in his mid-late 60s, I think?) and the thing is, my mother told me that my hair is exactly like her late father's. And since he never went bald, I assumed I'd never go bald... yet my hair already si receding a bit at the top corners of my forehead. It's been like that since I was 21-22 or so already. So now it's just a matter of time, I suppose. Being bald can't be too bad, but it kinda disappoints me that I'm likely to o bald someday.

Anyway, surprisingly, lots of older men seem to have great no-balding genes. Like this Portuguese soccer coash, Jorge Jesus, per example:

Spoiler:

This guy is 62 years old and still has lots of hair, Rod Stewart style to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The two men I most respect in the world are bald:

Jean-Luc Picard
Benjamin Sisko

OWN THAT CUEBALL. OWN IT... AND BECOME A STARFLEET LEGEND.
Picard is cool as sh*t.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #54
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

My dad had a bald spot and tried to hide it with his hair, but it didn't work out and he cut his hair. It looked pretty bad in later years. Now he's mostly bald with some hair on the sides.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #55
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
What do you look like?
There's pictures of me and him together in the picture thread if you are that curious.

Only difference is I ditched my glasses for contacts
Old 03-07-2017, 02:17 AM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only thing worse than balding men is people missing teeth in the front of their mouth when they're talking to you. I hate it, its very common especially with airport workers for some reason. You're talking to someone and you notice they're missing a tooth right in the front of their mouth. Goddamn, it's so distracting. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

I don't know what is up with them, most of these jobs have dental plans. How the hell are you going to talk to me missing a tooth in the front of your mouth? You look like you're from the ghetto or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:30 AM   #57
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

On the plus side; the less hair you have, the less grey hair you have. I’m not going bald, but I am turning into Reed Richards.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #58
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

He was killed in a motorcycle accident though.
I was happy for you until that point. Sorry you lost him.

Dave Chapelle is usually bald. He was asked in an interview if that's to impress women, and he said that it's because it's just easier to manage that way for when he travel. He doesn't do it because it might look attractive to women, since he says they're fickle.

On Family Feud, they asked a question where they surveyed 100 women on how attractive they find bald men on a scale of 1 to 10. The rating of 2 was the top answer. I still prefer to be bald, or at least with my hair cut so low that the scalp is visible. I've never been completely bald, but I'd still like to try it out whether women dig it or not. I'm done trying to impress women, and I can only be myself.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #59
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
What...? Being bald never stopped me from getting a date or a job...in fact, girls rejected me more when I had hair...

Where's all this generalisation coming from???

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #60
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
On the plus side; the less hair you have, the less grey hair you have. I’m not going bald, but I am turning into Reed Richards.
My hair and beard are graying. Heck, my dad has been gray for as long as I can remember. I live by the motto: I don't care what color my hair turns, as long as it doesn't turn loose.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedeyeforthestraightguy, cybercubedthealpha