The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 01:03 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Another problem is the things that made the first Matrix so special back in 1999 now no longer stand out. The whole slow motion bullets, slow motion karate fighting, "bullet-time" was all pretty much brand new in 1999...over the last 16 years it's been done time and time again and parodied in tons of other movies and shows.

Likewise the whole concept of the world being just a computer simulation is kinda dated, hell the whole thing is from old sci-fi movies or Star Trek's holodeck for that matter. And the machines are just a ripoff of Terminator in a way.

I don't know how a movie made these days could stand out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #42
sdp
-

You don't really like The Matrix so why do you keep posting here? You obviously don't get what makes it cool which is fine but to say that others wouldn't be interested just cuz you aren't isn't quite true.

The idea of us living in a simulation is even more realistic and relevant now than in the past with the rise of Virtual and Augmented Reality. Bullet time hasn't been done since all The Matrix finished pretty much, at least not overdone and if it is its just part of a normal movie, that's how revolutionary it is. The mix of Martial-Arts and guns hasn't really been done very well by many other movies and it'd be great to have it done again.

I think if handled correctly Matrix could become as big of a franchise as it was in the early 00's. Plenty of hurdles to pass though as I'm pretty sure they'll try to PG-13 The Matrix.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like the first Matrix movie a lot. It's just a fun action and sci-fi movie. The people who look for "deeper meanings" than that like there's some sort of depth to the concept are people looking for things that aren't there. There are other sci-fi movies or Star Trek that do the whole virtual reality or holodeck concepts a lot better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #44
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You don't really like The Matrix so why do you keep posting here? You obviously don't get what makes it cool which is fine but to say that others wouldn't be interested just cuz you aren't isn't quite true.

The idea of us living in a simulation is even more realistic and relevant now than in the past with the rise of Virtual and Augmented Reality. Bullet time hasn't been done since all The Matrix finished pretty much, at least not overdone and if it is its just part of a normal movie, that's how revolutionary it is. The mix of Martial-Arts and guns hasn't really been done very well by many other movies and it'd be great to have it done again.

I think if handled correctly Matrix could become as big of a franchise as it was in the early 00's. Plenty of hurdles to pass though as I'm pretty sure they'll try to PG-13 The Matrix.
The Matrix movies, even though they were R rated, They didn't really felt R rated to me, It wasn't too violent or bloody, since it took place in a virtual world, all that stuff was just simulations.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #45
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Matrix movies, even though they were R rated, They didn't really felt R rated to me, It wasn't too violent or bloody, since it took place in a virtual world, all that stuff was just simulations.
Who f*cking cares? You're worse than Cubed at this point. Why keep posting the same thing over, in the same thread nonetheless?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #46
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Who f*cking cares? You're worse than Cubed at this point. Why keep posting the same thing over, in the same thread nonetheless?
Don't really know what your talking about since it didn't involved you.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #47
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Don't really know what your talking about since it didn't involved you.
You're on an open forum, f*cknut.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #48
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
You're on an open forum, f*cknut.
Whatever, since its an open forum, I talk about whatever I want too.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #49
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Whatever, since its an open forum, I talk about whatever I want too.
Yeah, nah, you got your point across once. Hammering it in does nothing.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #50
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Who f*cking cares? You're worse than Cubed at this point.
Not even close.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #51
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

What did he even say that was so angering? Jesus.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #52
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
What did he even say that was so angering? Jesus.
Yeah, Dont know what's gotten into him, cause all I said was that the Matrix movies felt like PG-13 to me even if they were R.

If you look at those movies now, they are tame compared to the current R rated movies of today.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #53
Shark_Blade
Emperor

It's not a reboot.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's not a reboot.
Its more of a continuation of where things left off, I can see more stories being told after the Matrix got rebooted at the end of Revolution, with humans and machines making peace, they can tell stories of something or someone trying to restart the war.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #55
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Who reported it was a continuation after Revolutions? Don't think that's accurate.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #56
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who reported it was a continuation after Revolutions? Don't think that's accurate.
The guy whose writing it is indicating that they can tell stories set in the universe, so they are not rebooting it and retelling the story, they can tell stories in the Matrix that happened right after the last movie.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #57
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I hope it's not a prequel. Prequels are almost always crummy - they tell us what we already know, and every time it turns out that the 'actual' way it happened is way less cool than than what was in our heads.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

From the article posted on EW.
http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/17/the-...w-movie-plans/

Quote:
Days after it was reported Warner Bros. might have plans to bring The Matrix franchise back to theaters, the potential new film’s screenwriter, Zac Penn, has offered some thoughts on the project.

“Can’t comment yet except to say that the words ‘reboot’ and ‘remake’ were from an article. Let’s stop responding to inaccurate news,” he wrote on Twitter.

Penn added, “If I were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves. … How about just re-release The Matrix? Don’t reboot it, you can’t do better. Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of The Matrix? Yes. Because it’s a brilliant idea that generates great stories. Look at what people are doing with X-Men universe. Between Logan and Legion and Deadpool, does anyone want them to stop? Not me.”
Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #59
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
The guy whose writing it is indicating that they can tell stories set in the universe, so they are not rebooting it and retelling the story, they can tell stories in the Matrix that happened right after the last movie.
Set in the universe doesn't mean after Revolutions.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #60
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Set in the universe doesn't mean after Revolutions.
I really hope it's after Revolution, The Matrix in those movies had a 90s aesthetics with the use of Payphones to get out of the Matrix, it would be cool to see the Matrix based on our current world with the use of smartphones and such.