The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I really hope he's not a villain. The turtles need more allies! Right now all they've got (besides Splinter and April) is Metalhead (who isn't even a living thing) and Leatherhead. I'm not sure if Newtralizer will be a villain or ally so that's why I didn't mention him.

I really can't see Tim raging against the turtles, especially since Donnie made him that body! If he is going to be a villain then I hope we don't see him much.
I really don't see him blaming the turtles. It's not like the gang egg him on to becoming a mutant and Donnie told him at least three times to not get mutated!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
It's not like the gang egg him on to becoming a mutant
True, but he obviously took it that way. Now that he's mutated, he's even less reasonable.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Kinda doubt he will shape shift. Also, he'd probably hate the Turtles cause they treat him like crap. It would be cool to have a villain that will attack all the Turtles, except for one of them, in this case, Donatello.

I can already see some part when he's about to finish them off, but he lets them go cause Donnie asks him to.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
Electric
Epic Hiatus

i really dont want him as an ally of the turtles, and i can see him more becoming a villain then him being understanding of his mutation and aiding the turtles.

with that said, i can picture him starting off as either an ally or an enemy and then flipping sides either way sometime later
Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
i really dont want him as an ally of the turtles, and i can see him more becoming a villain then him being understanding of his mutation and aiding the turtles.

with that said, i can picture him starting off as either an ally or an enemy and then flipping sides either way sometime later
The only prob I have with this is he didn't have any evil qualities before mutation. He only joined the Foot cause he thought they were good guys and because he was training 'like Don told him to'. They better come up with a good reason to be a bad guy.

Or he could just be a mindless flipped out monster. That's kinda what he was at the end of the episode.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The only prob I have with this is he didn't have any evil qualities before mutation. He only joined the Foot cause he thought they were good guys and because he was training 'like Don told him to'. They better come up with a good reason to be a bad guy.

Or he could just be a mindless flipped out monster. That's kinda what he was at the end of the episode.
Yeah i agree, but now that hes mutated, he may not think as much (little) as he did before about it. When he mutated he saw his reflection then looked PO'd so idk, its kinda up in the air at this point
Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #27
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Where is the trailer? I can't seem to find it?
Go back to the Casey Jones Trailer at: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/19...-jones-trailer

And look on 0:28 and 0:42. You'll see Timothy briefly.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #28
HellCat
Random Punk

I can see him lashing out given he seems the extreme emotional type. They kept telling him mutagen was dangerous but he kept digging himself deeper. Now he's a mutant blob and the fantasy world has become his permanent reality, he likely won't find it as fun anymore and will direct his anger at them.
HellCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Only way I can see him working for the Kraang is if they promise him a cure after numerous failed attempts by Donnie.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #30
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

It would seem he becomes a bad guy.
I'm actully quite sad by that news.
His design is cool though and will lend to a really neat toy.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't want him to become a villain, but if he does, there will have to be a good reason for him to turn on the Turtles. Namely, if Don hasn't come up with a cure and Tim gets frustrated and turns to the Kraang.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #32
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Only way I can see him working for the Kraang is if they promise him a cure after numerous failed attempts by Donnie.
that kinda makes sense :T

I mean can Donnie really cure him? no mutant has been cured...
so far it seems Donnie can only help him move around.

Tim might get impatient and seek help elsewhere
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

It could be a misunderstanding...OR Timothy could just be crazy and THAT makes him turn on the good guys for a while. He was lashing out at the turtles when he first got mutated, almost like he had lost his mind. So maybe he doesn't realize who he is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Hmm...
Donatello, Casey Jones, and Timothy... all with a crush on April?

What do you call a love triangle if it involves more than 3 people?
Inuyasha?

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #34
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
What do you call a love triangle if it involves more than 3 people?
A love polygon?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #35
saber16
Foot Soldier

Well, I can think of a few ways things could turn out for him. Personally, I think he's going to be an ally in some way towards the Turtles, partly because of his personality that we know. I think it would be a waste for them to build him as a guy who's obsessed with playing hero, and then throwing it all away the moment he realizes he royally f*cked up doesn't make much sense for me. Possible, yes, but it would feel really out of character for him. I'm willing to bet his outburst at the Turtles was due partly to all the pain he went through, both physically and mentally (along with the burning and the weapons being hurled at him, seeing everyone run away in horror from him topped with the fact he knows he did it to himself- all that coming at him in one shot could make anyone lose it) and also, the moment they get him in the canister, the anger just vanished. I'm guessing there's more to the Casey trailer then we're led to believe, because it seems like there's more to the character.

Of course, there's still a chance he has gone insane, and I have a few ideas as to why.

The guy has a hard time listening to others over his instinct. He might warp the situation around and find a way to blame the turtles, like, "Donnie didn't try hard enough to stop me," "You were jealous I would make a better hero than you," "If the turtles didn't exist, I would never have been inspired by them! It's their fault!!" Hell, look at the new design for Slash. In some odd way... he's got a similar build to Tim's original form.

He might go into a fit of rage, believing it should been him coming out like that.

Then, stepping away from petty grudges, it's possible the mutagen could of altered his mind in some way or another that would cause him to butt heads with the turtles.. but so far, I can't tell. I doubt his intelligence has been lowered (looking at the trailer, he's capable of using his liquid body for natural (... as you can get) movement thanks to the glove like arms and legs- and not just that, but he's certainly a lot faster and is able to fight.

Though, like I said, I still think there's a good chance he'll be a good guy in the end. Whether he stays with the heroes or finds his own place is the question. It's possible he'd stay with the Turtles under Donnie's supervision to keep the suit in check and make sure everything's in line, and judging by the concept art:

I wonder if their a specific reason why he only has one metal band on his left leg, and nothing on his other.... one would assume it has a purpose, seeing as he has one on both hands, as well. But I'm really curious about the mutagen supply thing.

It looks like he's going to run on mutagen to live... so maybe Donnie has to supply it, or-
... or what if the Kraang are the ones supplying it to keep him alive long enough to find a cure... and... what if he is trying to capture April for-

---

*EDIT*

Ok, just saw a certain clip setting up the events of season 2... if that's the case, then Donny would be able to score enough mutagen to last quite some time, assuming Tim stays on their side.
Spoiler:
Hundreds of mutagen canisters raining over the city...

But man oh man, all hell's about to break loose in NYC and toy store shelves.

Last edited by saber16; 07-24-2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: update
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

So maybe he see Slash and go on a jealousy rampage?
We’re not unicorns!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

I can't see Tim staying with the Turtles too long. I think he'll be a tragic villain. That despite going evil, Don will still try to help.

Also, I'm starting to see a trend in the Turtles allies. Nearly all of them seem to have PTSD or are just plane psychos! Casey Jones, Leatherhead, & I'm assuming Tim, and Slash will also be a little screwed up as well.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin Rummy View Post
I can't see Tim staying with the Turtles too long. I think he'll be a tragic villain. That despite going evil, Don will still try to help.

Also, I'm starting to see a trend in the Turtles allies. Nearly all of them seem to have PTSD or are just plane psychos! Casey Jones, Leatherhead, & I'm assuming Tim, and Slash will also be a little screwed up as well.
Now I have this mentally image of all of them in a support group, chanting the mantra from "Wreck-it-Ralph".
We’re not unicorns!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
Trivia
Random Punk

Don not being able to find a cure seems like a pretty good reason for Timothy to appeal to the Kraang, yes. Don shouldn't find a cure. He's a teenager that enjoys tinkering and everything else of knowledge that is needed within that. Solving a complicated mutagen from another dimension is not within the criteria.

Also, probably a flawed theory, but did anyone else consider that everyone that have been successfully mutated have been in contact with an animal within short time, if not the last creature they were in contact with?
Timothy weren't in contact with any animals. But if he was in contact with the turtles that could have been the reason. In contact with someone that has already been mutated, seems like a good reason for a flaw with the mutagen there, if you ask me. (Actually this is pretty obvious)

I would rather like Timothy to join the Kraang because they offer him the cure for the participation of something, and that Timothy accepts not necessarily because he ''has gone bad'' but because he wants his normal life back.
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
WhitefinDolphin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I really hope he's not a villain. The turtles need more allies! Right now all they've got (besides Splinter and April) is Metalhead (who isn't even a living thing) and Leatherhead. I'm not sure if Newtralizer will be a villain or ally so that's why I didn't mention him.

I really can't see Tim raging against the turtles, especially since Donnie made him that body! If he is going to be a villain then I hope we don't see him much.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

I'm thinking Timothy's character may develop more over the next season. As much as Timothy comes across as a nuisance to the Turtles, there's some subtle elements of fate throughout Timothy's role so far.

In the beginning while Timothy was in the lair with the turtles, Donnie could've just told him to go away, or he could've left Timothy to fend for himself. It seems a little strange that Donatello took some of his time in the first place to try to train, help, and rescue Timothy after all the trouble he put the turtles through. It was pity that made Donnie feel like he should give Timothy some help and mentoring.

Now after Timothy's mistake, pity played another part in the scene where Donnie stated they weren't going to leave him there to blow up with the building. Since Donnie accepted Timothy as his responsibility, I don't believe Donnie is going to give up on Timothy as his potential pupil and possible friend. Perhaps Timothy has never had anyone with enough patience?

Now, in reference to his appearance in the Casey Jones Trailer (http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/07/19/...-jones-trailer), I'm doubting that he was attacking April. In fact, what if Timothy becomes like Donatello's sidekick? Perhaps Timothy was told to watch over April and protect her?

I'd be surprised if Nickelodeon has plans to make him into a future villain, since Donnie's grown an attachment to his misunderstood pupil. Whatever Nickelodeon decides for Timothy, I'm sure I'm going to like it. Totally stoked on his mutation abilities as Mutagen Man!
WhitefinDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mutagen man