The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
with what's been rumored to come next.. i can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this show and think 'we didn't know how good we had it then'..

I sure hope not..
Go away, troll.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 AM   #22
Shark_Blade
Emperor

So when's the blu ray? That's all I care about.

Korra had it all out long time ago.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Been good, but it's gone too fast. Still wish they'd pull a fast one on us and just age them up (as they sound to do a bit here in the end - though I'm trying to avoid seeing much info), turn it 2D if they want, and continue from there. Rather than... whatever it is that it sounds like they're planning next.

That said... so what schedule posted somewhere is reliable exactly?

I don't want to miss them if possible, but if it's jumping channels, random days and times and being confusing about it, that isn't helping. Had seen the preview for the next, but I think they had said "two weeks" (or at least what I caught) rather than an actual date and time. *sigh*
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #24
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

It was an ok show, don't diss me for saying this but I preferred the 4kids version to this, it in my opinion was darker and while I didn't like what they did to Shredder in that series I did like the fights between him and the turtles better. The storyline between Leo and Karai was pretty cool too and I liked the relationships better.

With that being said, I will miss this show and probaly won't be checking out the next one, sounds too Teen Titans Go for my liking.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

This thread is making me sad... I don't want this show to end despite a lot of the scheduling issues and writing flaws it's had here and there, this was still probably one of my favorite adaptations of the turtles. It's a bummer it had to end so soon.

I pray that they do something decent in the next reincarnation and it's not like Teen Titans GO like many are speculating. There is a difference between something being geared more towards a younger audience and being geared to a stupid audience.

I keep having the "Michael Bay" conversation in my head. That is, if I get myself stuck on the idea that it will be awful then maybe I won't be as disappointed when the time comes.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #26
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Can't believe the show only has 3 episodes left. Will definetly put down my full thoughts when I finish it.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #27
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Yeah, we had all assumed the show was going to end late this year or january 2018, but then this happended and it has taken us all by surprise
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Three? I have no idea what anyone is even talking about. Did they magically air a bunch I missed when it was supposedly on hiatus? What have they done to ruin the schedule.

Or is it the discs other threads are discussing that have been seen and now assumed only 3?

Mind letting me in on how many are actually still to be on tv...?
Old 09-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The crossover and the monster Arcs (7 episodes in total) haven't been aired on tv yet but are on DVD so many people have already watched them.

The only episodes not released in any way are the final 3 episodes of "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse"
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

I kinda wish this final season got a full 26 episodes instead of 20. Just imagine what they could have done with 6 more episodes. I imagine the Usagi arc would have been a 4-parter at least, so they'd still have 5 eps left over for anything else.

With another 5 episodes we would have gotten 1 more arc of something, then one more standalone episode.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The crossover and the monster Arcs (7 episodes in total) haven't been aired on tv yet but are on DVD so many people have already watched them.

The only episodes not released in any way are the final 3 episodes of "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse"
Alight, so as far as tv goes we still have all the eps after "Lone Rat and Cubs" still to go, right? Thank you.

Honestly, I'm surprised they released the discs already... They kind of ruined the fun of discussing it for those of us that are waiting for tv airing. Not to mention the risk of spoilers. You guys are pretty good about it here and putting warnings in thread titles, but trying not to see nearly unavoidable images elsewhere (such as DevientArt) sucks. Why you do this, Nick. They just really want it over with, don't they...

Wish Nick had their own tv schedule posted online via their site. It would help since it seems like they're just showing these now on just any day and time, and channel.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #32
Vegita-San
Emperor

TV Ratings just don't mean as much anymore these days, especially when your show is on it's last legs....better to get dvd sales first I guess...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
TV Ratings just don't mean as much anymore these days, especially when your show is on it's last legs....better to get dvd sales first I guess...
DVD sales aren't going to make a difference, people watch TV online now.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

I also want the extra eps, (26 and not 20) kind of made it harder for the writers to wrap everyone up with less. Arcs could have been less crammed (some of them) giving more time to the characters involved. Course I'd like a whole season extra ... but 26 eps in this season like the others wasn't an unreasonable thing to want.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm surprised they released the discs already... They kind of ruined the fun of discussing it for those of us that are waiting for TV airing. Not to mention the risk of spoilers. You guys are pretty good about it here and putting warnings in thread titles, but trying not to see nearly unavoidable images elsewhere (such as DevientArt) sucks. Why you do this, Nick. They just really want it over with, don't they...
I feel the same, they just suddenly messed up the end of it and it will all be over in a week.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #35
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I know. Just saw the trailer for the apocalypse arc, and it's weird to say the least. The voices even sound deeper than normal and Raph sounds kind of gravelly which threw me off when I watched it. Still can't wait to see how this all plays out though I think they're going to air the crossover eps as the finale since it will be more lighthearted than the apocalypse arc.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #36
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I'm still only halfway through season 4 at the moment (this space stuff is really dragging) but I'm happy the show got a good run. 5 seasons is solid stuff. I tip the hat to the series.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

This will be the third saddest day of my life.

- The first saddest day of my life was 1996 when I was a 10 year old kid and the original cartoon ended.

- The second saddest day of my life was 2009 when I was a 20 something year old and the 2k3 series ended.

- The third saddest day of my life will be September 2017 when the final 3 episodes of the Nick cartoon airs.

It seems like a part of me dies everytime a TMNT cartoon comes to an end. Especially since all 3 aired at different stages of my life, (I was a kid during the original cartoon era, a teenager and early 20 year old in the 2k3 series era, and now late 20's to early 30's for the Nick era).

My entire life force relates to TMNT cartoons and their existence.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If only Peter Laird knew this, he might have kept writing Mirage Volume 4!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This will be the third saddest day of my life.

- The first saddest day of my life was 1996 when I was a 10 year old kid and the original cartoon ended.

- The second saddest day of my life was 2009 when I was a 20 something year old and the 2k3 series ended.

- The third saddest day of my life will be September 2017 when the final 3 episodes of the Nick cartoon airs.

It seems like a part of me dies everytime a TMNT cartoon comes to an end. Especially since all 3 aired at different stages of my life, (I was a kid during the original cartoon era, a teenager and early 20 year old in the 2k3 series era, and now late 20's to early 30's for the Nick era).

I'm not sure if the next one will go on your list or not...but you may still be in your 30's if it does.
My saddest days have come from other things but I am sad to see the current show go
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:41 AM   #40
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I can think of sadder things than a cartoon ending though it will be bittersweet to me. At least we have another show coming out afterwards so it's not like this will be the end and then they'll be gone for years like what happened after the original cartoon ended.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote