The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #61
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortugapower View Post
Exactly! There are a lot of people quick to blame 4Kids for this kind of stuff, but it's FOX standards and practices that pulls the plug in many of these cases, not 4Kids.
*raises eyebrow* Yeah, right, like Fox HAS any "standards and practices*, given some of the unmitigated crap that THEY show these days!

Anybody remember "X-Files"? I seem to remember that THAT show could get pretty controversial at times, itself, and I bet a LOT of kids watched it. So what's the danged difference between some of it's episodes, "Nightmares Recycled", and the "infamous" "Insane in the Membrane" ep that they deemed so "controversial"?! My nine-year-old niece watched that ep with me after I got the "Season 4" DVD, and SHE didn't twitch an eyelash over it! Said it was a bit gross, yes (and I agreed with her on THAT point), but she then said that she's seen worse stuff on some of the video-games that she plays. And given how VIOLENT that SOME of today's games are (to say NOTHING of some TV shows and movies, I'D say that Fox is being just a bit chicken on this one. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortugapower View Post
Them being conjoined twins was not the reason it was pulled btw, if that was the case they would've killed it in the scripting phase.
This is true. Again, this is just a case of chickening out, whether it be 4Kids OR Fox. IMHO.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #62
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Can somebody, please, get the script of that Garbage-sode and post it in the forum?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #63
tortugapower
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
*raises eyebrow* Yeah, right, like Fox HAS any "standards and practices*, given some of the unmitigated crap that THEY show these days!

Anybody remember "X-Files"? I seem to remember that THAT show could get pretty controversial at times, itself, and I bet a LOT of kids watched it. So what's the danged difference between some of it's episodes, "Nightmares Recycled", and the "infamous" "Insane in the Membrane" ep that they deemed so "controversial"?! My nine-year-old niece watched that ep with me after I got the "Season 4" DVD, and SHE didn't twitch an eyelash over it! Said it was a bit gross, yes (and I agreed with her on THAT point), but she then said that she's seen worse stuff on some of the video-games that she plays. And given how VIOLENT that SOME of today's games are (to say NOTHING of some TV shows and movies, I'D say that Fox is being just a bit chicken on this one. But that's just me.
X-Files was aired late at night and wasn't aimed at children. It is silly to think children aren't going to be exposed to this kind of thing, but FOX doesn't want anyone pointing the finger at them saying "yo showed my kids this" because parents never blame themselves. Your niece is also seeing games that again aren't geared towards her. If the show was a movie it would probably be pushing a PG rating and episodes like IITM and NR are PG-13. Yeah, not a whole big thing but still it makes all the difference to BS&P.

Insane In the Membrane is nothing to some of the things in Nightmares Recycled. There is crazy baby experimentation and back alley doctor stuff in the episode.

At least IITM was released on DVD and aired in some places. Nightmares had to be canned before it was even completed.

I don't want it to seem like I'm defending them, because I don't care either way what they choose to air or not, I'm just saying that this is why they make the decisions that they do.
tortugapower is offline   Reply With Quote