The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #3041
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
yea...
I presume the item wins every single day in price!!! Offert and demand!!!
Haha, but it is irksome. It's a classic example of someone trying to manufacture demand. I mean, the demand is real, of course, but these sellers who collectively inflate prices with few sales to show for it...I just don't get it. What's the point?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #3042
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Haha, but it is irksome. It's a classic example of someone trying to manufacture demand. I mean, the demand is real, of course, but these sellers who collectively inflate prices with few sales to show for it...I just don't get it. What's the point?
I know what you mean, of course there are TMNT items that are more rare/valuable than others- and people are welcome to pay whatever they wish... but when people start their auctions at outrageously high prices and/or market it as something it is not...well that is just obnoxious...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #3043
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior

Maybe buyers should just start offering super low best offers and the seller will get the hint that the item is overpriced.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #3044
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntgoldcoin View Post
Maybe buyers should just start offering super low best offers and the seller will get the hint that the item is overpriced.
Unfortunately, someone bid on the statue for $800. Someone else also bid on the same seller's auction for all four for $2000. I almost wonder if these people have their friends bid to make it seem like the items sold, then relist the items at higher prices. This one seller has already supposedly sold something like 5 exclusive Dons.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #3045
jaybeane
Thug

For those of you without Neca sets, this is a decent price for all four:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neca-TMNT-Teenag...#ht_2159wt_768

Granted, it's the tube versions without the stands and whatnot, but other than the cool factor of the stands, they're not super necessary.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #3046
me too
Mouser

Hello,

I posted this on eBay but was unsure what it may be worth. I was hoping you guys and gals who are experts may be able to help me. I priced it with what I thought was a high Buy It Now because of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...L:BOWO:US:1123
me too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #3047
Powder
So tired of this place

It's sure as hell not worth $300.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #3048
me too
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's sure as hell not worth $300.
I know, as I explained, I priced it high and put it at Buy It Now with Best Offer so I could see what offers may show up. I'm just curious as to waht you guys may think would be more reasonable.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #3049
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

honestly, with the buy-it-now that high, you might scare people away from making a best offer- looks like a cool item, but definitely not 300
Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #3050
me too
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterycolor View Post
honestly, with the buy-it-now that high, you might scare people away from making a best offer- looks like a cool item, but definitely not 300
What do you think is a good price to put it at then?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #3051
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by me too View Post
*shrugs* Really depends on the rarity and the demand...I mean, it's only really worth what someone is willing to pay.
EDIT: I have a Samus action figure that I saw listed on eBay for quite a bit...but they seem to be there awhile as no one is willing to buy one.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #3052
me too
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
*shrugs* Really depends on the rarity and the demand...I mean, it's only really worth what someone is willing to pay.
EDIT: I have a Samus action figure that I saw listed on eBay for quite a bit...but they seem to be there awhile as no one is willing to buy one.
That's why I was confused about this item. I've seen plenty of examples of the turtle shell style skateboard on the internet, but I couldn't find any info on this style board at all. This board is also in great condition for its age. I guess I'll just leave it at the $300 and see what happens. Thanks for the info everyone.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #3053
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd say under $100.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #3054
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
exactly Jester- no matter what the item, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay at that moment (i've learned the hard way lol)
Old 06-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #3055
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me too View Post
One way to get an idea of the demand and price that the TMNT lovers would be willing to pay would be to list it as an auction- start low and PUT A RESERVE of the absolute minimum you would be willing to sell it for... that way, you will have some real info to ease your mind without our two cents and maybe even a sale! Hope that helps and good luck with your item!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #3056
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk

http://cgi.ebay.com/NECA-TMNT-TEENAG...ht_2322wt_1141
So I was going to buy this but then I saw that it was from a store with a warehouse in Hong Kong and Singapore. Now, I've had some bad experiences buying electronics (like movies or games) from Hong Kong, namely them passing off bootlegs as legit items, which made me stop and think when I saw that. I understand that it's probably harder to pass off a bootleg toy as legit due to the quality of the paint, etc, but this looks like a stock photo so I'm wary. So, I have to ask people with much more experience than I... is this a bootleg or is it legit?
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #3057
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippytheMaster View Post
So I was going to buy this but then I saw that it was from a store with a warehouse in Hong Kong and Singapore. Now, I've had some bad experiences buying electronics (like movies or games) from Hong Kong, namely them passing off bootlegs as legit items, which made me stop and think when I saw that. I understand that it's probably harder to pass off a bootleg toy as legit due to the quality of the paint, etc, but this looks like a stock photo so I'm wary. So, I have to ask people with much more experience than I... is this a bootleg or is it legit?
Well the figure pictured is definitely legit. But as you pointed out, it is a stock image. If youre really that worried about it, you could ask for an image of the actual item for sale.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #3058
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Well the figure pictured is definitely legit. But as you pointed out, it is a stock image. If youre really that worried about it, you could ask for an image of the actual item for sale.
I think that's probably a good idea, but I read in their feedback that they don't answer messages and they ship squished packages so I'll probably just give up altogether on it.
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #3059
jaybeane
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippytheMaster View Post
I bought a Leo from m a few days ago. After I paid, he sent me an invoice for $4 more to ship in a box, insured. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I paid, even though it kind of pissed me off.

I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 06-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #3060
JaffleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybeane View Post
After I paid, he sent me an invoice for $4 more to ship in a box, insured. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I paid, even though it kind of pissed me off.
He did the exact same thing to me for a set of figures however I didnt pay. I have zero tolerance for sellers who try to extort more money out of people. Fair enough to ahve two optuions and that one is more expensive but it SHOULD have been listed in the description.

I already paid for the item before he sent me the additional invoice and i wish there was a way to retract my payment and just go back on the deal. I have enver left a neutral or negative comment on ebay and depending on how this turns out it could be my first.
JaffleMan is offline   Reply With Quote