The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #301
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Unless the film has some pretty crappy pacing, it's clear that
Spoiler:
Peter losing the suit is the pivotal event that happens around the half-way point. About 2/3 through the film will be when he puts his old suit back on.

It's exactly what Sony did with ASM2. Remember how the very last shot in the film was used in ALL the trailers? Mind-boggling.

Good trailers will be focused around one particular sequence, or communicate one particular idea. This trailer is all over the goddamn place. It's why ASM2 underperformed.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #302
Dust
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Unless the film has some pretty crappy pacing, it's clear that
Spoiler:
Peter losing the suit is the pivotal event that happens around the half-way point. About 2/3 through the film will be when he puts his old suit back on.

It's exactly what Sony did with ASM2. Remember how the very last shot in the film was used in ALL the trailers? Mind-boggling.

Good trailers will be focused around one particular sequence, or communicate one particular idea. This trailer is all over the goddamn place. It's why ASM2 underperformed.
Yeah I guessed that myself, but there are still many details we don't know. 2/3 is probably accurate though, didn't mean to disagree there.

I take it the trailer and perhaps the rest of the marketing is handled by Sony, as I feel Marvel would have done a less spoilery trailer than this. Sony should just fully give the rights back but lord knows they need the money.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:32 AM   #303
AquaParade
Banned

As tempting as it was, I didn't watch this. I've finally reached the point where I don't want to see the trailers for upcoming movies I'm anticipating. They show too much for my taste.

Finally hit a tipping point with BvS last year. They showed the Doomsday fight and everything.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:41 AM   #304
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the general rule of thumb these days is... watch the "First Trailer" that comes out, that's OK... and then watch nothing else. The closer to a release date the more the tendency of the studio to throw too much into their TV spots and new trailers.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #305
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
You say, having not seen the film.

Still, it does show a lot, so don't watch it if you want to avoid spoilers.
I really don't see how a film's marketing campaign could be considered spoilers. It's literally two and a half minutes out of probably over two hours. So we know the broad strokes, so what? The point of the movie is to enjoy the ride, the little character moments and funny throwaway jokes as well as the larger plot points.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #306
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I really don't see how a film's marketing campaign could be considered spoilers. It's literally two and a half minutes out of probably over two hours. So we know the broad strokes, so what? The point of the movie is to enjoy the ride, the little character moments and funny throwaway jokes as well as the larger plot points.
This. I think some are making a big deal of it, and it's not necessary. It's a trailer, one cannot judge a movie by a trailer. Not showing anything interesting would just push people to assume the movie would be boring.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #307
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Yeah, the trailers themselves don't usually bother me, but what DOES annoy me is the ridiculous level of over-saturation these films' promotional campaigns reach in the last month or so before release.

Like with Guardians of the Galaxy, I've seen the first two trailers, the first round or so of TV spots, but now I know anything else they release is at most only going to have 2-3 seconds of new footage, so now I'm going to avoid any of their promotional media.

It's like, I get it, I'm the kind of person who pays attention to these films and listens to everything from the initial release date to the first casting rumors, so I'm acutely aware of what's been going on with the film's production and it's eventual release. I know that they have to flood TV and social media with commercials and the like so that every Joe Shmoe and Suzy Q are aware of this film and will go see it with their kids, grandparents, and dog so they'll have a big opening weekend. But geez, it just gets ridiculous. The Spider-Man promotional campaign will probably hit that point pretty soon.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #308
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Do not watch it. It tells you 2/3 if the whole film, not exaggerating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
You say, having not seen the film.

Still, it does show a lot, so don't watch it if you want to avoid spoilers.
Thanks. It'll no doubt get shown before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, so I'll close my eyes and block my ears when it does.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #309
ToTheNines
[sic]

Gwen Stacy (potentially) confirmed.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...vealed-a150299
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #310
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Hmmm, interesting. All the cagey answers about who Zendaya is playing also have me curious. Maybe all of Spidey's major love interests are gonna pop up, even if only for a second
Old 05-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #311
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/marvel...ista-thinks-so

Interesting. Makes me think now. Perhaps Sony very publicly trudging on with their standalone Venom movie... was them trying to rattle Marvel's cage? i.e., maybe Sony is willing to sell Spider-Man and all of its ancillary characters right now... but first, they want to make Marvel REALLY worried about brand contamination by Sony potentially doing a crappy Venom movie and that making audiences confused with Spider-Man being over at Marvel... and scare them into paying them a higher price for the whole thing (point being, making it so that Sony CANNOT do a Venom movie).

Kind of smart, actually, if that's the case. Sony never intended to make a Venom movie, it's all posturing to get a bigger price for Spider-Man.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #312
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I wouldn't read too much into that... I think Bautista is just as confused as the rest of us about the whole thing.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #313
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/marvel...ista-thinks-so

Interesting. Makes me think now. Perhaps Sony very publicly trudging on with their standalone Venom movie... was them trying to rattle Marvel's cage? i.e., maybe Sony is willing to sell Spider-Man and all of its ancillary characters right now... but first, they want to make Marvel REALLY worried about brand contamination by Sony potentially doing a crappy Venom movie and that making audiences confused with Spider-Man being over at Marvel... and scare them into paying them a higher price for the whole thing (point being, making it so that Sony CANNOT do a Venom movie).

Kind of smart, actually, if that's the case. Sony never intended to make a Venom movie, it's all posturing to get a bigger price for Spider-Man.
I really don't attribute that much intelligence or business savvy to Sony, sorry.

Quote:
I wouldn't read too much into that... I think Bautista is just as confused as the rest of us about the whole thing.
That seems more likely. Occam's Razor.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #314
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 05-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #315
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Just saw that trailer this morning. A lot of cool new footage, I'm really excited for this. I know some people don't like the dynamic of having Iron Man as a very present mentor for Spidey but I think it'll work for the MCU since it is now so different from the comics, which in my opinion is not a bad thing
Old 05-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #317
ToTheNines
[sic]

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #318
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Oh man, the international trailer is even better than the US one
Old 05-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #319
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Gonna watch the trailer later, I'm excited for this.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #320
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's the new Poster.

Spoiler:

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man