The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #81
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aren't they all some form of metahumans, though?
Deities, actually.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #82
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW does have some human enemies but they're usually killed off quickly, like The Savate, the Asian gang in the Bebop/Rocksteady mini, there was Lupo and his men who worked for Dunn but they were all defeated by Casey's Purple Dragons.

I guess you can count Dr. Shelvin who works with Bishop, or even Winter/Knight since they're only loosely based on their old incarnations. Assuming Winter doesn't ever turn into a giant bug.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #83
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, they quietly snuck it into the TPB. I also noticed the other day that TMNT/Ghostbusters #3 now has two different titles between the TPB and the deluxe hardcover.

TPB version is "Showdown in Chinatown" and deluxe version is "Just in Casey".
It was a joke I didn't think Bobby would like, so I didn't use it as a title in the comic itself (and... simply FORGOT to put one in!)

When the HC came around, I'd been signing copies of #3 with that and found out Bobby didn't mind.

...So we changed it. Not really trying to be sneaky. (:

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #84
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
WOW! there's a HUGE difference between Shredder Elite versus the Shredder Clones!! what a bunch of clowns!

Way to be adults, guys.

There was no evidence that they were clones of Shredder, for one; in fact, Saki specifically said that they were other subjects used to test the waters.

And second, I'm still trying to figure out how you assume Berger made a mistake. Did you write to him and confirm? The reason I went with "Shredder Elite" is because it's the only canon name given to them for the Mirage version (between the official site and later, the Heroclix descriptions).

I don't understand how the heck you can be so salty and hold a grudge over something like this.

Official word will always trump everything else.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #85
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm sorry man, it was like 5 years ago... forgot it was you. Didn't mean to offend.

I'm not holding a grudge, but the conversation switched to wiki frustrations, and I was reminded of this debate.

I think Berger effed up because he also refers to what you call "The Foot Elite" as "Shredder's Elite Guard" and a few variations. And he callls them that way more than he uses "Foot Elite". At least that's what I'm seeing.

Also... *digs up old thread* http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=34228

I know it's not empirical evidence on the matter, but FWIW, 20 people here agreed with me and only 2 agreed with you.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #86
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
i am truly sorry if i offended you Ninjinister.

please accept my humble apology.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:16 AM   #87
myconius
Abby Normal

Tmnt Micro-series & Mini-series

trying to read through the IDW ongoing Tmnt comic series just by itself without any of the companion comics is such a far less engaging experience.

my most recent read-through i though i could just run through it faster if i just skipped the micro series.
it just wasn't nearly as enjoyable, so after finishing City Fall i went back to re-read the hero and villain micros.

i knew enough not to try skipping secret history of the foot clan after issue 20.

that one is far too critical to the story to even consider not reading.

Last edited by myconius; 06-08-2017 at 06:44 AM. Reason: TWBD - typing while brain damaged
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #88
Mormegil
Thug

Quote:
trying to read through the IDW ongoing Tmnt comic series just by itself without any of the companion comics is such a far less engaging experience.

my most recent read-through i though i could just run through it faster if i just skipped the micro series.
it just wasn't nearly as enjoyable, so after finishing City Fall i went back to re-read the hero and villain micros.

i knew enough not to try skipping secret history of the foot clan after issue 20.

that one is far too critical to the story to even consider not reading.
It always baffled me to see how the ongoing series always sold more than the micro series. If you're buying them to read then you really need both. I guess people didn't realize they were missing key parts of the story.
Mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:51 AM   #89
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
It always baffled me to see how the ongoing series always sold more than the micro series. If you're buying them to read then you really need both. I guess people didn't realize they were missing key parts of the story.
VERY baffling indeed!!!
i can understand some people's apprehension to buy an add-on/supplemental comic. but it's not like they are unnecessary or forced just for the sake of a cash grab.
they've all been integral to building the world and better fleshing out the character motivations. especially when it comes to supporting cast within each Micro-series.
take Splinter's Micro-series for instance. we get to spend a bit of time with Tang Shen and learn a bit about her as a character as well.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #90
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I would assume a lot of it is just not knowing that the mini-series and micro-series existed.

Also Marvel/DC fatigue, where it is (rightly) assumed that all of the crossovers, mini-series, and one-shots are all forgettable and cheap cash grabs.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #91
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I would assume a lot of it is just not knowing that the mini-series and micro-series existed.

Also Marvel/DC fatigue, where it is (rightly) assumed that all of the crossovers, mini-series, and one-shots are all forgettable and cheap cash grabs.
Yeah not realizing things are getting released and need preorder/added to pull lists.
As well as maybe having a strict budget and amount of books to buy every month of regular various ongoing series to follow. Say 12 books every month. If all 12 decided to add additional books thats 24 more.
Some folks have to draw the line and stick with the 12 no matter what. And then catch up in the collected editions as extra funds and time allow.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:56 PM   #92
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:

at the time when the IDW Micro-series were first coming out, i had no idea and the LCS i was shopping at then was pretty oblivious to them as well.
eventually i just told them-
"add ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Ninja Turtles that happens to come out!!"
this is how Tmnt: Amazing Adventures was added to my pull-list
(but oddly they failed to get me the Shredder micro-series!!! )

but i definitely agree about Marvel/DC fatigue.
it's bad enough when the cross-overs and one-shots are just crappy cash-grabs,
but when their main titles begin to stink as well then it really gets frustrating!!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #93
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah not realizing things are getting released and need preorder/added to pull lists.
As well as maybe having a strict budget and amount of books to buy every month of regular various ongoing series to follow. Say 12 books every month. If all 12 decided to add additional books thats 24 more.
Some folks have to draw the line and stick with the 12 no matter what. And then catch up in the collected editions as extra funds and time allow.
that's a great thing about this forum, i've been clued in on so many new series/hardcovers/etc....

that's funny about the 12 title limit...
i myself used to have a 3 or 4 comic limit, broke that rule after the new 52 started and was getting 30+ titles for a few months till i just couldn't stand it anymore.
my list just dropped and dropped till i decided to give up on the big two.
now i'm happily back around to my 3 or 4 comic limit.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #94
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

Yeah, Marvel/DC don't tend to handle that sort of thing with grace... Shame too, considering how rich their character galleries are.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #95
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
that's a great thing about this forum, i've been clued in on so many new series/hardcovers/etc....

that's funny about the 12 title limit...
i myself used to have a 3 or 4 comic limit, broke that rule after the new 52 started and was getting 30+ titles for a few months till i just couldn't stand it anymore.
my list just dropped and dropped till i decided to give up on the big two.
now i'm happily back around to my 3 or 4 comic limit.
August will have something like seven TMNT books. Plus any other titles people read. It's going to be a month full of reading. Folks may have to skip issues if they stick to strict monthly buying limits. I purchase sporadically (like yourself, sometimes many, sometimes just a few) so the 12 was a random number I pulled out the air. Perhaps I should put myself on a more routine limit. After August of course.

Sometimes I wish publishers had production caps (cough marvel) of allowed titles. I feel like I'm missing out on good stories, but their is just way too much of a selection it's difficult to pick and choose.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:29 PM   #96
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
August will have something like seven TMNT books. Plus any other titles people read. It's going to be a month full of reading. Folks may have to skip issues if they stick to strict monthly buying limits. I purchase sporadically (like yourself, sometimes many, sometimes just a few) so the 12 was a random number I pulled out the air. Perhaps I should put myself on a more routine limit. After August of course.

Sometimes I wish publishers had production caps (cough marvel) of allowed titles. I feel like I'm missing out on good stories, but their is just way too much of a selection it's difficult to pick and choose.
i'm with you 100% on this!
i don't really have a specific number limit of comics i buy per month, but i try my best to just stick with buying quality worthwhile reads.

back when i was buying every single Batman (and related) comic there were some real stickers on my pull-list!!!! (Batman:Eternal, Batman&Robin Eternal, Batgirl of Burnside)
it got to the point where i was really starting to hate collecting comics. well everything except for the Tmnt comics as well as Samurai (by Titan Comics).

the DC and Marvel stuff i was interested in, i decided to start trade waiting.
by the time many of the trades i was waiting for came out, i found myself no longer interested.

yeah! August is gonna be AWESOME!!!
Old 06-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #97
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Anyone notice the Christmas tree at the end of #5? It has four bulbs on it and each is representing the color of one of the turtle bandanas. However, Mikey's is yellow and not orange. Maybe it's just my version? What's up with this?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #98
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Anyone notice the Christmas tree at the end of #5? It has four bulbs on it and each is representing the color of one of the turtle bandanas. However, Mikey's is yellow and not orange. Maybe it's just my version? What's up with this?
my copy it looks about the same color as Mikey's mask in the arcade game

Old 06-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #99
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
It's yellow in a digital copy I found and yellow in my trade (though possibly an orange-ish shade). So I think it might be intentional, just so you won't think there's two red ones.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #100
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's yellow in a digital copy I found and yellow in my trade (though possibly an orange-ish shade). So I think it might be intentional, just so you won't think there's two red ones.
Looks to be intentional red,blue,&purple. So unless an oversight, I think it ought to be orange. Right? Could be my eyes but I think it looks straight up yellow. Oh well, just wondering if anyone else ever noticed this. I suppose one yellow was better than two red was the thought. Never thought of it that way. Thanks

Tags
idw's tmnt