The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 01:44 AM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Seconded. I bought a separate controller because I assumed I would hate the big gamepad, but I just always use the big gamepad and never the controller.
Ya, same with the original Xbox. I thought about getting the S controller but using the fat one was also fine for me. I know it became known as the duke.

The only controller I never really liked was the N64. Putting the stick right in the middle was so dumb.

It was comfortable enough I guess but your hands were too close. The GameCube controller was obviously the way it should have been.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:21 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I did get the Wii U. Enjoying the hell out of Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, and Skyward Sword (not HD, because it doesn't exist in that strangely) on disc. It's really taking me back, and it is satisfying to trudge further than I got years and years ago. Skyward Sword is fun as hell, for the most part... with the Wii controls, you really feel like you're swordfighting. I hate that Nintendo gravitated away from this, this should have been their niche.

Also there is a bunch of stuff in the store that is not available on the Switch store.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:48 AM   #23
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So I did get the Wii U. Enjoying the hell out of Twilight Princess HD, Wind Waker HD, and Skyward Sword (not HD, because it doesn't exist in that strangely) on disc. It's really taking me back, and it is satisfying to trudge further than I got years and years ago. Skyward Sword is fun as hell, for the most part... with the Wii controls, you really feel like you're swordfighting. I hate that Nintendo gravitated away from this, this should have been their niche.
That's awesome. I've recently dusted off the Wii U and finally got to the HD remasters myself. Finished Wind Waker a couple weeks ago and been on Twilight Princess since. I've only ever completed each one once before, and it's insane how memorable they are. Also, getting through them back to back and being refreshed on a lot of the dialogue and locations has certainly been eye opening to me with just how interwoven this series is.

Glad you're enjoying Skyward Sword though. I think that game is underrated and it's rare to see someone else not griping about the motion controls. Too often I hear how unresponsive they were and I can honestly say that's more of a personal problem and not the game's fault. I had a flawless experience with them, so clearly, people are doing something wrong. Definitely gonna run through Skyward Sword again after Gears 5. Hopefully I'll be done with Twilight Princess by then.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:16 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
That's awesome. I've recently dusted off the Wii U and finally got to the HD remasters myself. Finished Wind Waker a couple weeks ago and been on Twilight Princess since. I've only ever completed each one once before, and it's insane how memorable they are. Also, getting through them back to back and being refreshed on a lot of the dialogue and locations has certainly been eye opening to me with just how interwoven this series is.
We're in the same boat, then. I even ordered the Zelda Historia book that came out a year or two ago to get fully in the Zelda spirit.

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying Skyward Sword though. I think that game is underrated and it's rare to see someone else not griping about the motion controls. Too often I hear how unresponsive they were and I can honestly say that's more of a personal problem and not the game's fault. I had a flawless experience with them, so clearly, people are doing something wrong. Definitely gonna run through Skyward Sword again after Gears 5. Hopefully I'll be done with Twilight Princess by then.
The controls are awesome on everything in Skyward Sword. And I have such great memories... like handing my 2 or 3 year old daughter the remote to handle slashing of bushes eons ago.

My only gripe is the sail business in Skyward Sword. They made that be a true chore somehow. Anytime I have to chute down somewhere it's pretty nerve wracking... and it shouldn't be (as we know from Breath of the Wild).

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-26-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Nice pickup, Andrew!

I wish folks would move on from the fact that the Wii U was a market disappointment and just appreciate it for what it had to offer.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #26
Mario500
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Most of the most popular games have been ported to the Switch or 3DS. So it would really depend on what title(s) you're buying it for. I bought my Wii U to play Yoshi's Crafty World, and although it has been ported to 3DS, I really enjoy the experience of playing it on the Wii U.

It is also handy to use now to watch Netflix, as the Switch, for whatever reason, doesn't have a Netflix app.
(wonders whether the word "Crafty" was used by mistake in the making of this message or not)
Mario500 is offline   Reply With Quote