The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #181
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Finished first episode, and I'm liking it so far. It is unfortunate that Jessica is still not evolving past season 1, but I guess the unfortunate is amplified knowing this is the last season.

Sexy burger guy was funny and Aneesh Sheth's character seems very cute.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #182
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Krysten Ritter says she's done with the role.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ritter-w...ca-jones-role/

Granted, it kind of reads more like, "With the show gone from Netflix, I think it's unlikely anyone would resurrect Jessica Jones as a TV show anywhere else anytime soon for me to be able to play the role again."

And she's probably right. Of all the Netflix shows I'd certainly be least sad to never see Jessica Jones again... or at least this take on her.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 AM   #183
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Krysten Ritter says she's done with the role.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ritter-w...ca-jones-role/

Granted, it kind of reads more like, "With the show gone from Netflix, I think it's unlikely anyone would resurrect Jessica Jones as a TV show anywhere else anytime soon for me to be able to play the role again."

And she's probably right. Of all the Netflix shows I'd certainly be least sad to never see Jessica Jones again... or at least this take on her.
Really? Least sad for Jessica Jones and not Iron Fist?

Explain, please; I'm curious.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #184
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Really? Least sad for Jessica Jones and not Iron Fist?

Explain, please; I'm curious.
There's not really a ton I dislike about Iron Fist beyond his lack of ever getting a costume, the lack of seeing that dragon fully realized and a couple of the choices in season 2 (mostly in terms in regressing him when he should be evolving/getting stronger). I also really like Jessica Henwick. But beyond the costume thing, nothing much to really chap my hide.

Jessica Jones, there's not really a lot there to like. Season 1 baaarely got her to a place where I was interested, then season 2 killed what little good faith I had accumulated. Though I did enjoy the Hogarth subplot... even though it didn't really have anything to do with the main story.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-06-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #185
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Watched the first three episodes now. Yeesh. The white males in this really have a big bullseye on them these season, don't they?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #186
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Finally finished season 3 (AKA: the last time we'll ever see new Marvel Netflix stuff). Sorry to keep beating this horse, it doesn't sound like anyone else really even watched this.

Spoiler:
Bad season. Bad. The big bad throughout is a pudgy white guy serial killer with no superpowers. There's about 20 times when Jessica knocks him out/down and either doesn't turn him in or makes a deal with him or otherwise he just "gets away." Ridiculous. They drag it out to the second to last episode, over and over again, when Trish finally steps in and kills him after he brutally murders her mother (Jessica's adoptive mother as well).

So what does Jessica do? Instead of a high-five, she wants Trish to turn herself in for murder! And when she doesn't, Jessica snitches her identity out to the world then goes and helps apprehend her. wtf... imagine if someone slowly and brutally murdered your mom, is your brother or sister going to poo poo you for killing the killer? And this is Kilgrave neck snap McGee judging her like this. End of the show, Trish goes off to the Raft. Jessica is about to leave for Texas but then goes, "Nah!" and smiles. I guess we're supposed to ponder if she's going to start being a likable character now?

A Luke Cage scene is there near the end but it's much ado about nothing.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:56 AM   #187
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So Disney/Disney+ went to the trouble of digitally retitling the show its original title from when it was in development, "A.K.A. Jessica Jones."

https://www.darkhorizons.com/tv-news...oys-cyberpunk/

I wonder if this means anything for the future prospects of JJ?

Tags
cuckicca jones, sjw investigations