Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Michelangelo 3rd Kind 03

Midtown's listing this as coming out on Wednesday Nov 12th:

Quote:
Hunted by both the police and the anti-alien militias, Michelangelo now finds himself deeply involved with an Utrom named Klag. While evading capture, the unusual duo must try to neutralize the attacks of a group called HAARM - the "Humans Against Aliens Resistance Movement" - before the world erupts with interplanetary violence!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Got it today, more of the same stuff as before but more Mikey this time.
We have one issue left right? I really don't see how they are going to close this all up in one more issue but ok.
Lawsons art seems some what better in this issue, it's either that or I'm just so used to looking at the word bubbles and ignoring his art that become routine for me now. His art just reminds me so much of like Rugrats or Duckman style art these days.
Over all it's an ok issue, I sort of like the human cop woman character I hope we see more of her.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Another good plot-driven issue of the storyline. Not even a single Mikey moment or bit where we get even a glimpse into his head.

His role here is strictly to provide exposition, and could quite easily be exchanged with any of the 3 other TMNT and we wouldn't even notice the difference.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Schmakt
Mouser

hey guys... first time posting here... just trying to find out some info about this issue...

my copy had pages 8,9,12,13,16,17,20, and 21 all missing (they were there, but they were completely blank)

I emailed Dan about this, and he said he hadn't heard of this misprint... anyone here ever seen this?

Thanks,
jim
Schmakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmakt View Post
hey guys... first time posting here... just trying to find out some info about this issue...

my copy had pages 8,9,12,13,16,17,20, and 21 all missing (they were there, but they were completely blank)

I emailed Dan about this, and he said he hadn't heard of this misprint... anyone here ever seen this?

Thanks,
jim
I just checked my issue as I hadn't read it yet had to order #1 recently because my shop never got it (mine was fine). I would think it was maybe just a quality control thing that they screwed up at the printer thats kind of weird. Maybe they used invisible ink and its uniqueness makes it more valuable
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Schmakt
Mouser

heh, yeah, I'm sure it'll be worth a fortune one day.

Just super strange that I haven't run across anyone else who has the same problem... and that Dan didn't even know about it. Crazy!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
Schmakt
Mouser

Been a while...
I finally did something about this weird issue and figured I'd update this...

I sent my copy with all the missing pages into CGC at HeroesCon 2017... got it back sometime around August, and it was graded as Universal with no mention of the error...

I emailed CGC and asked them if there shouldn't be some kind of notation about the error, and their response was that, as they had only graded a single other copy of this issue, that the graders just didn't notice this as a defect... but that they would relabel it for me if I sent it back.

So I sent it back down to Florida at the beginning for the month and got back a Qualified book with a notation on the front label. I still haven't seen any other copies like this (not that I've been looking super hard), but they've got to be out there!

Anyway, here's the label, and I think I can finally stop caring about this after, what, 9 years? Hah.

Happy New Year everyone!

"Manufactured with 5th-8th wrap printed on 1 side only, affects 8 story pages, incomplete."
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2jzfvqouWDDKPCF62
Old 01-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #8
funatic
Mad Scientist

Interesting! Now you just need to find some wealthy collector of TMNT misprints to pawn it off on. That's got to be the biggest interior misprint I've heard of in the turtleverse.

Well... this one was pretty great too:

Last edited by funatic; 01-05-2018 at 05:03 PM.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:41 PM   #9
Schmakt
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Interesting! Now you just need to find some wealthy collector of TMNT misprints to pawn it off on. That's got to be the biggest interior misprint I've heard of in the turtleverse.

Well... this one was pretty great too:
http://i66.tinypic.com/mtp7io.jpg
*like button*