The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #81
Vegita-San
Emperor

As far as the age mention goes, I think Leo is just talking about the basic training, and not including all the adventures they had.....

Apon a second viewing, the shells do have a design on them, but they are so damn faint, it's tough to notice..

The turtles battle a Shredder like Robot in the season openers credits, but it's only there for a second...

That girl is shown there ( codies Sister?), who looks to be Japanese..

Splinter looked tremendously out of scale most of the ep. His head was so big, it looked like he would topple over in some scenes. Splinter should be at least as tall as cody, how tall is cody compared to the turtles?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #82
Vegita-San
Emperor

What are the Argh! Forums? And who from the new show is there?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #83
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Oh yeah, I hate the new catch phrase "It's Ninja Time!" Mikey said that just as he jumped into the van with the newspaper, then they said it again just as they were going to kick some booty. I pray to god they don't overuse that... but I think it's too late.

BTW, I want some thoughts on the animation. Those of you who hated the animation, tell me which part you thought was really bad. I'm going to rewatch the episode again before I can judge it cause I was too busy running back and forth this morning to pay attention to it. Again, I need specific parts that you thought was really bad.

Quote:
*squeaks* But but... aww, nevermind. I liked it.
Sorry, but about the only thing I liked out of the entire series so far is the final Shredder (NOT the awful SAINW form) bot and redesigned Honeycut were worth looking at. The rest of the robot, mech, human, and monster design was lame at best.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #84
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Like the rest of you, though, I DO have a dislike: the British-sounding (profound apologies to our British bros and sys' from Across the Pond on this one) Chief Constable (can't remember his name at the moment). Seriously, THAT guy is MAJORLY-annoying. And probably the most POMPOUS, arrogant guy (robot or otherwise)that I've seen in a cartoon since Vinnie of the Biker Mice From Mars! I mean, he blunders in AFTER the guys taking out those slavers, and HE takes the credit for it! Sheesh!!! Talk about an ego!
Heh, actually, not to sound argumemtative or anything... but I DID find one thing that amused me in the show, and it wasn't any of the TMNT. I actually liked the british cop guy. WW here reminded me, heh. And as for the 'Vinnie from biker mice from mars' comment, I think that's WHY I like him. I adored Vinnie. So there - The one thing that ALMOST SORTA KINDA amused me about FF.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #85
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I feel like I just watched Transformers RiD/Car robots.
I'm also just as disgusted.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #86
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
We have HORRIBLE new characters
I give you one name: Garbage Man. It could be much worse.

Quote:
And after hearing the theme, I like it. Honestly and seriously. So go a head and call Wolfie goofy and looney, I don't care; I like it! So there. Mya :p
I will concede and say it's not any more annoying than the last one. You're goofy, but we love you anyway.

Quote:
And did you guys notice that there was actually COLOR in the guys' eyes?! They ALL have GREEN eyes! Not sure exactly what shades, but at least they decided to give their eyes some color...FINALLY...and not leave them black.
I think they were a very dark brown before, but yeah, it surprised me to see that.

Quote:
I just hope their eyes AREN'T the same color as their skin. THAT would be kinda silly.
I looked just now; no, their eyes are all the same shade of green. They're somewhat like Raph's skin tone.

Quote:
Oh, and I don't know if you all noticed THIS part of it, but the left side of Leo shell has finally healed. No piece out of it anymore; VERY cool. ALSO very sensible; I was WONDERING when they were gonna let that happen.
Ahh, I hadn't thought of that; you're right. Perhaps we'll get a glimpse of that in the Tribunal arc.

Quote:
Oh, and before I close this post, there was ONE more thing that bothered me: the refernce that Leo made to their age at the beginning of the ep. The series' writers ALWAYS made a point of mention how much time had passed every now and then in Seasons 1 through 4, so I assumed (along with everyone else, I think) that the boys had by THIS time reached the age of 16 or 17 or so. But Leo clear said "After 15 of ninja training", or something like that. What's up with the age-regression?! Just a thought.
That creeped me out! I don't know where they were going with that, unless someone just wasn't thinking.

Quote:
As far as the age mention goes, I think Leo is just talking about the basic training, and not including all the adventures they had.....
I hope so. I like that idea better.

Also, I wonder if they've abandoned the opening monologue thing. I'll miss that...

Quote:
The turtles battle a Shredder like Robot in the season openers credits, but it's only there for a second...
If you're talking about the purple one with the blades on his shoulder armor... he appeared several times (heh, I watched it almost frame-by-frame just to see what was in there). Once, even, as this writhing mass of something squishy-looking, before coalescing into himself. Rather creepy...

Quote:
That girl is shown there ( codies Sister?), who looks to be Japanese..
Er, well, there's another shot of her earlier... she's green, and has pointed ears. Don't think she's related.

Quote:
What are the Argh! Forums? And who from the new show is there?
http://www.arghstudios.com/ Independent fledgling studio. The link to the forum's on the main page. Adrian Barrios (the lead character designer, goes by LuckyPants in the forums), Keith Conroy (the design supervisor, goes by Keith C), and Jason Narvaez (He's a storyboarder, goes by jncomix). They've posted some artwork by others on their team, too. There's also Khary Randolph, who does the promo art (the whole gallery of 2K3:FF art at ninjaturtles.com is his work, and quite a bit of the 2K3 stuff, too). Adrian Barrios has a little gallery on the main page, and they're working on some of the others.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #87
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
I for one, am rather pleased. Like I said before, I think the animators are just a little out of sorts trying to adjust to the slightly different style (and even then, it's similar enough to the old style that I can forget it's changed in a lot of scenes... that may change, though, when the animators get used to the new style... or it may just revert back to the old style unintentionally )

I'm gonna miss the rest of the cast, certainly, but there's been plenty of times they haven't shown up in a story arc, so I think it's okay.)

Aska. You like Venus.

'Nuff said.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-29-2006 at 04:06 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #88
GhostPoet
Random Punk

wish I could watch it. I have Dish Network..I have Fox4kids...BUT IT WASN'T SHOWING today. eh?? I don't show any turtle eps until next weekend.
GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #89
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
I give you one name: Garbage Man. It could be much worse.
Garbage Man was better than Constable and Cody's robot.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #90
iris
moddy mod mod

Question:

If the 2003 style of this show had never happened, do you think you would like Fast Forward more?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #91
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
Question:

If the 2003 style of this show had never happened, do you think you would like Fast Forward more?
Your point is kind of flawed for the moment. Seeing how the entire first episode for the most part fell back on TMNT(2003). But just going by the overall concept of the episode...
NO. I would hate it just as much as I hate it even with throwbacks to a show I enjoyed.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #92
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Her question is a valid one. She's basically asking if 2003 TMNT ruined us for silly kid friendly TMNT.

And I can honestly say, I would still dislike this. It pretty much falls on to everything I hate in modern cartoons.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #93
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Aska. You like Venus.

'Nuff said.
LOL, okay, you do have a point. :p I don't like TNM, though, so I think I like a character if there's a lot that could be done with her/him, whether or not they actually do something good with them or not. So, yeah, it might turn out bad, but for the moment it seems okay to me.

Quote:
Garbage Man was better than Constable and Cody's robot.
It's subjective, of course. I found Serling entertaining. The police guy, no. But I thought the Garbage Man was a LOT more annoying. *shrug*

Quote:
Question:

Hmm... well, then we'd be comparing it to all the other incarnations of TMNT before that, and we'd still be wanting April, Casey, the Shredder, etc. I think we'd be a little happier with the look, though. It's an interesting question.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #94
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

It was...interesting to say the least...I liked it a bit but Im just gonna have to get used to the changes...haven't figured out Cody's voice just yet but it appears he's an orphan. But now there's 2 geeky characters.

Interesting that the company is called O'Neil Tech. So yea April became rich with her company. But did Casey and April even marry? Serling seemed refered to him as the

O'Neil-Jones heir so perhaps April just kept her surname? Eh who knows.

Love the BeBop cameo. *lol*...And Im liking the cop. Perhaps he'll be a reacurring?

Is it just me or did the "time machine" resemble Donatello's demensional portal machine from the orginal series? They never did figure out how to find Usagi's world again...

Another thing I noticed was that before Splinter was a self (all one color) and now he has a white stomach and his tail is more pink making him more like a Berkshire than a self. And he was more brown too instead of grey.

Oh and the park where the turtle's castle is....so in 100 years they raised it up from the ground, lair and all??
Old 07-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #95
gobo
Wacky Action

*COMING SOON?* 90% of this post is under review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak
I need specific parts that you thought was really bad.
When Robby the Robot (Mikey made me do it! ) was putting on the Enviro' Packs & etc., that looked stupid. As if throwing his arms back and forth is going to get anything accomplished... Maybe they should have added hammering sound effects there. That would have given me another thing to smile about. I LOLed at how anime the Bebop thing looked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
Is it just me or did the "time machine" resemble Donatello's demensional portal machine from the orginal series?
Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one to recognize it.

Last edited by gobo; 07-29-2006 at 06:18 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #96
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
Question:

No. I'd never even give it a chance, like I did with this by watching it. I'll always hate when kids join the TMNT (or any group like this), I won't like future hopping. At least by having the last few years, I actually gave it a SLIM chance.

Quote:
Her question is a valid one. She's basically asking if 2003 TMNT ruined us for silly kid friendly TMNT.
But TMNT never started out AS silly kid friendly. (oh I HATE silly) I'd say it was ruined by BEING kid-friendly. That's how it was ruined for me, at least.

So yeah, this would have never been seen on MY tv had the 2003 series started out well (though it seriously went downhill as it went on)
Old 07-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #97
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn
But TMNT never started out AS silly kid friendly. (oh I HATE silly) I'd say it was ruined by BEING kid-friendly. That's how it was ruined for me, at least.

Where did I say that it did?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #98
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Oh, you never did. I may have worded that wrong.

I guess it was the way you put it.. oh! Oh! I DID read that wrong! Haha, sorry. The way I read it, it seemed like, oh never mind! Haha.

Ok, ya never said it, that was my bad. Haha.

...But I still stick by my opinion.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #99
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I was just trying to explain what I thought her question was. To me, her question was asking if we had the original series, then 20 years later got Fast Forward with out getting the 2k3 series, would FF still be annoying to us?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:21 PM   #100
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Yeah, I got it the second time I read it, hehe. Sorries.

EDIT - Ok, so understanding it more, I can still safely say NO I would never like it. I don't want KIDDISH or SILLY. I hate that. So no matter what, this woulda been no-go for me.