The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #81
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Jada Pinkett Smith is in negotiations to reprise her role as Niobe from the second and third movies.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/matrix-...rn-1202761135/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Jada Pinkett Smith is in negotiations to reprise her role as Niobe from the second and third movies.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/matrix-...rn-1202761135/
That should silence anyone wondering if they're keen to ignore 2 and 3.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Jeeze, they're getting busy with casting. Jessica Henwick (Iron Fist, Game of Thrones) has been cast as a lead, possibly THE lead of the movie:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/jessica-...ta8N3B-H6hehIU
Old 10-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #84
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So a direct sequel hmmm... too bad I wouldn't go that route but it can still be interesting. I wonder if the "canon" MMO will still be canon. Is Jessic Henwick a good martial artist? I want cool scenes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So a direct sequel hmmm... too bad I wouldn't go that route but it can still be interesting. I wonder if the "canon" MMO will still be canon.
If them killing off Morpheus hadn't happened then they might have. As is, no chance. OR they will weave this or that thread from the MMO into the movie in real time while otherwise ignoring it.

Quote:
Is Jessic Henwick a good martial artist? I want cool scenes.
Yeah, she's been great on Iron Fist. And can crack a whip real good on Game of Thrones.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-17-2019 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #86
IMJ
Emperor

Back in the day the original Matrix trilogy were event releases the way that Harry Potter, Lord of the Ring, Star Wars and other genre films were.

I'm looking forward to more Matrix content because I'm sort of curious to see how they are going to manage the continuity they created across media with this IP. I never played the game, but as I understand it, the Matrix online game was direct canon and continuity following the third flick.

But I'm equally resolved to the idea that these new flicks will be an SJW fest. If it turns out this is the case, with more Hollywood, forcefed BS then I'm out. And I'm seeing this already from the liberal access media sites about the casting and I'm already turned off.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I want to believe the Wachowskis... er, the Wachowski, I guess in this case... know they need a hit. They should know falling back on the Matrix is the last chance for that before the fateful trip to director prison. i.e., just deliver a really great new Matrix movie, free from SJW stuff and politics. I've got a pretty good Spidey sense for this stuff and previous Wachowski stuff even post-Matrix doesn't make me worry (Cloud Atlas? pretty good, if all over the map... Jupiter Rising, a mess but not an SJW one). They just need a good script.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:39 AM   #88
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think the Wachowski's are awesome as well, I also think they just need some one to guide their decisions like George Lucas did. I'm still disappointed chubby Wachowski is not going to be in the movie, only one of them involved might mean it's not balanced enough. I'm still not sure why it's a direct continuation with the same actors even if they're just passing the torch.

I'm not afraid of this being a SJW fest, the original matrix population was heavy black and women were always there in big roles.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:23 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm not afraid of this being a SJW fest, the original matrix population was heavy black and women were always there in big roles.
Yeah, but you know how these things can go these days... a heavy black and women presence isn't enough.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #90
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Jesus man, having black people and women in a movie is not actually what people are saying makes something "SJW" in the pejorative sense.

-facepalms-

Talk about a simplified world view. LOL!
Old 02-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 02-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #92
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I thought both Neo and Trinity died?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I thought both Neo and Trinity died?
Either their bodies are returned by the Machines, restored or... they wake up in another Matrix.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #94
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I hope it's still set in the 90s, it'd be weird to see them with smartphones while in the matrix, plus it would mess up the timeline.

Trinity looks old there, hope she looks better on film. Also hope the story is done well, wish both Wachowski's were doing the film. Also wish it didn't involve Neo but whatever, hope it's good and this doesn't kill the franchise.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:31 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I hope it's still set in the 90s, it'd be weird to see them with smartphones while in the matrix, plus it would mess up the timeline.

Trinity looks old there, hope she looks better on film. Also hope the story is done well, wish both Wachowski's were doing the film. Also wish it didn't involve Neo but whatever, hope it's good and this doesn't kill the franchise.
Wasn't it, the Matrix a constantly looping civilization? Like, every time it hits the year 2005 or whatever it was, it resets back to 1999? I swear I heard that in one of the movies or Animatrix.

I kind of feel like they're going to play it like a mystery. They're living out their lives but have deja vu of the old movies. Or something.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #96
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That's in the first film IIRC mentions that the world stays in the apex of human civilization which was of course the present day (1999 or generic 90s?) I don't believe the sequels contradict this and yeah before the world goes too far into the future when they start inventing stuff like robots or AI etc is when the one reboots the Matrix back to the original pique of humanity which is explained in reloaded or revolutions., but I'm betting this will take place in the present 2020 because: **** it.

I actually wrote about my thoughts on a Matrix 4 reboot here, and I mostly feel the same way.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #97
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
but I'm betting this will take place in the present 2020 because: **** it.
Probably. Which is where the mystery will come in. Or that by what they did in "Matrix Revolutions," that removed the loop entirely.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord

God, why do women age so poorly while Keeanu Reeves is like ageless.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Chicks love cocaine, that's my guess.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:21 PM   #100
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
God, why do women age so poorly while Keeanu Reeves is like ageless.
If that picture above is any indication then this is true.
I also remember reading that this new movie will actually star someone else - it was implied that Neo and Trinity will be side characters with mentorship roles; which honestly is incredibly disappointing.

I'm not expecting great things. But this is like Picard for me. I want to love it, but it's not good, yet I've been waiting for almost two decades for a resolution to Nemesis. With the Matrix, my interest was piqued when shortly after the third movie I remember some advertisement for an in-continuity Matrix game where Morpheous delivers some line like "if Neo is dead, why won't the machines give us his body?". I never played the game.

Now I want to see where this story goes.....