The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #41
pennydreadful
trash

I'd be happy to make the thing, but we should probably discuss what exactly we're gonna use the place for - like Commenter said, maybe there's a need for a place where additional topics other than sexuality can be discussed.

Commenter, I know that Snake is under 18... I think part of the problem as well is that people who are under 18 can also be browsing the forums without necessarily being a member... like Machias said, we probs don't want to draw heat from an angry soccer mom.

EDIT: I've created the group - it's called The Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group; it's invite-only and nothing can be read unless someone's a member, so we can all talk comfortably without worrying about anything we say (which, frankly, I think is a good idea for a variety of reasons). If there's a particular person you want me to invite, let me know/if you want an invite, let me know - I've already sent invites to some of you.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).

Last edited by pennydreadful; 12-05-2014 at 02:59 AM.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:47 AM   #42
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Volcanic Asteroid was the proto-Technodrome After Dark, an attempt to lift the ban on religious and political talk....but it flamed out.

The Disintegrater Unit is where threads/posts are sent to when things get "out of hand" if not deleted out right...not 100% sure what makes them DU worthy as opposed to just straight deletion, but you know.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #43
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I guess those threads that ends up in the DU, is there for setting an example, or too hilarious to delete.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #44
pennydreadful
trash

Can't lie, the DU thread has made for some interesting reading at times...

I had always thought that whatever ends up there was either meant to be a warning to others, or that there were limitations on what can be deleted (like maybe stuff can only be deleted if it's really recent?). I dunno.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 12-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #45
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I love reading DU threads. I can't lie about that. And good for you for creating the social group, Penny. I think that's the best solution.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #46
Nameless
Mad Scientist

ya i always like to try and find out why people got banned and normally find my way to the DU and have a good laugh.... and never noticed before but Netkeeper is right i rarely use capitalization. i think i'm to use to auto-capitalization and it doesn't do it on the drome.

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #47
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Haha, you can count on me to notice stuff like that. :V I don't mind the lack of caps, if I'm not taking a discussion incredibly seriously, I'll do it too. It has a casual feel to it that I like.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #48
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Haha, you can count on me to notice stuff like that. :V I don't mind the lack of caps, if I'm not taking a discussion incredibly seriously, I'll do it too. It has a casual feel to it that I like.
lol thats good cause i'm to lazy to change to caps now .

and i think the best resolution has been reached on the original issue... hopefully it helps haha

Old 12-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #49
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Second time now I take a hiatus (for a month), and even more 'Drome drama (with the proposition of a "Technodrome After Dark" sub-forum)...

...I guess when you miss a little here, you miss a lot.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #50
pennydreadful
trash

Old 12-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #51
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist

Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #52
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Who needs to watch soaps when we have the Technodrome Forums?

I'm thinking of nicknaming the forums as "The 'Drome Place" (Technodrome Forums + Melrose Place drama = 'Drome Place) since all this stuff happens with mostly young adults in one giant apartment complex-- Uh... I mean in one giant forum area.

It has your eccentric characters/users, sexually-charged threads, tirades and insults, explosions (aka controversial or divisive topics; such as the impending explosive thread about Laird's critique of the 2014 movie), having multiple usernames and trolling (disguising true identities), alliances/cliques being formed and against each other, people vying for power (aka a few users wanting to be 'Drome moderators), plus angst-themed threads. ...All the components needed for a soap opera, right?

Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #53
Mad Scientist

Are you saying we're all bad actors? ;P

Inventory
Old 12-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #54
snake
Disgusting

I'd watch it.

I'd probably be in it anyways.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #55
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Are you saying we're all bad actors? ;P
all the worlds a stage? though if thats true the forum is your high school drama class stage.... at least some days

Old 12-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #56
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You know, I was just thinking about this, and I have a suggestion. On another TMNT forum I'm apart of called Stealthy Stories, we have a mature section called Naughty Fanatics Unite. It's only open to those over 18 who have 50 posts and they must ask two mods or admins for permission. Now I know you guys have vetoed this, but I just wanted to throw it out there that it could be possible to create something like that for those who want it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #57
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
I'm thinking of nicknaming the forums as "The 'Drome Place" (Technodrome Forums + Melrose Place drama = 'Drome Place) since all this stuff happens with mostly young adults in one giant apartment complex-- Uh... I mean in one giant forum area.

It has your eccentric characters/users, sexually-charged threads, tirades and insults, explosions (aka controversial or divisive topics; such as the impending explosive thread about Laird's critique of the 2014 movie), having multiple usernames and trolling (disguising true identities), alliances/cliques being formed and against each other, people vying for power (aka a few users wanting to be 'Drome moderators), plus angst-themed threads. ...All the components needed for a soap opera, right?
That sounds scarily accurate! Now all we need is for a few members to start having torrid affairs with one another...

Actually though, it'd probably end up just being more like Passions.

Nice idea, Bubbly, but I dunno if the mods would want to deal with the extra work. Or whether enough members would want access to it to make it worthwhile.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:36 AM   #58
Mad Scientist

So, like, are you guys wanting a section where you can be a little bit more unfiltered or is this some kinda weird Archie Comics TMNT-X sorta thing? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
all the worlds a stage? though if thats true the forum is your high school drama class stage.... at least some days
Not me. No drama for me here! It's where I come to get away from my drama.

Inventory
Old 12-07-2014, 01:59 AM   #59
pennydreadful
trash

LOL nah, just a place for more unfiltered conversation -- we've roped off a section and we'll see how it goes, but it's not like we're over there swapping smut or anything.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:05 AM   #60
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Swapping smut sounds like a grand idea.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)