The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #361
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTooze View Post
What are the chances Neca releases the four turtles in packaging like they did for the villains 4 pack? Maybe they could release the older ones or design new ones? Then make another set with Casey Jones, Triceratron, and others.
Asked about this at NYCC. They said that it's unlikely and that the bootlegs are the best option. I guess the molds are lost or in need of new tooling.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #362
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

The turtles have been bootlegged to death. No sense in competing with rock bottom prices.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #363
TMNT1984
Mouser

I personally would like to see new comic Turtles starting from issue #4 and beyond. Throw in alternate color bandannas (beat the boot loggers at their own game) throw in the weapon accessories the originals came with, alternate hands and boom! SDCC classic!

I would love to see the Foot comic pack minus Shredder to be an evergreen pack at both SDCC and NYCC. That would be pretty awesome. You can never have enough ninjas.

Does anyone know if the arcade series will continue? The pixelated look has really grown on me over the past several months.
TMNT1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #364
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Kinda doubt we'll see more VGA sets, they usual just go for a handful of characters per license/game. TMNT I think reigns supreme with 8 figures, that's pretty impressive.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:48 AM   #365
TMNT1984
Mouser

Oh for sure! And it does help that 3 of the 8 are army builders. I would have loved to see April and Splinter added just for good measure.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #366
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

So thankful I was able to score a couple more Neca Mirage sets. Now I have a worthy foot army.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #367
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT1984 View Post
I personally would like to see new comic Turtles starting from issue #4 and beyond. Throw in alternate color bandannas (beat the boot loggers at their own game) throw in the weapon accessories the originals came with, alternate hands and boom! SDCC classic!
100%.

The NECA Turtles are my all-time favourites, definitive versions of the original designs, and pretty much the last TMNT figures I "need", but... that said, I would definitely drop another hundred bucks on a four-pack of these guys:

Old 11-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #368
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I just want a Neca Casey Jones based either off of Mirage or Elias Kotaes's Portryal. I can't afford the Dream Ex one so Neca please do something
Old 11-14-2016, 05:36 AM   #369
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Oh for sure! And it does help that 3 of the 8 are army builders.
Totally. And I don't think NECA needs any approval from Konami at this point, since they don't own the game license. Konami have been notoriously bad to deal with according to NECA when it comes to VGA figure approval, hence why 8-bit VGA Simon Belmont is canceled.

Quote:
I would have loved to see April and Splinter added just for good measure.
I'd love a new April, the SDCC09 April does show her age in articulation scheme.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:16 AM   #370
TMNT1984
Mouser

For sure. And I would love to see her come with some accessories that are more her than mousers. But if they released a pack like playmates did with mousers... I might be in trouble with my wife hahaha

Do you guys think that the base body of the arcade Turtles would make for a good base for new comic Turtles? The shells could be easily changed, new belts, weapons, heads, knee and elbow pads and boom easy Turtles. Would NECA do that instead of making new possible one off figures?
Old 11-17-2016, 03:27 AM   #371
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Jim Lawson's turtles, that'll great!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:25 AM   #372
Otter
Stone Warrior

I always thought it would be cool to see figures (or statues even) rendered in the style of different guest artists who contributed during the Mirage days: Craig Farley, Michael Zulli, Eric Talbot and Stan Sakai Turtles would be instant purchases for me.

Will never happen, but would be oh-so-awesome.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #373
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

According to some twitter conversations today, it sounds like only the four 1/4 scale Henson turtles will be shown at the 2017 Toy Fair. Randy said that it doesn't make sense to show other TMNT figures in smaller scale if they can't be offered at retail. (Toyfair is all about showcasing to retailers what will be available in the coming year).

They probably won't be showing any more 1/4 scale TMNT figures beyond the 4 turtles at Toyfair either, because they want to get the 4 turtles out first prior to discussing or showing additional figures.

So before folks see what's available at Toy Fair to speculate what 2017 will look like for TMNT, keep in mind that whatever NECA will be putting out in 6-7" scale for SDCC and NYCC this year, won't be teased or shown until closer to the dates of those 'cons. (ie still save your money and get ready drop it for the 'cons in case you like what you see later in the year!).
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 AM   #374
Coro
Mad Scientist

I threw my NECA foot set in the BST thread section. I am looking to offload my sealed spare in case anyone is interested.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:24 AM   #375
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

DVD/home video loophole? that they've used before to release Superman and Batman with?

Mirage Shredder at SDCC '16?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #376
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

iirc NECA said on twitter that the DVD loophole was a no go?

hence why they make quarter scaled figures for retail
Old 02-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #377
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
iirc NECA said on twitter that the DVD loophole was a no go?

hence why they make quarter scaled figures for retail
what i want to know is just what is the dvd loop hole ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #378
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
what i want to know is just what is the dvd loop hole ?
They bypassed the license restriction by selling DC figures as a "extra bonus" packed-in with the movies.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #379
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

And then after the DVDs don't sell they (Toys R Us) take and sell the individual figures alone anyway. I just saw 4 Keaton Batmans still hanging out at a TRU on Saturday.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:54 AM   #380
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

For me, despite the fact we are being spoilt with TMNT merch over the last few years, I still think there is a gaping hole for an OT Splinter and April figure(s).

We've had loads of Shredder variations recently, a Krang and even a Casey, but I feel Splinter and April have been a little neglected especially as the OT character designs of these 2 are pretty iconic IMO.

So for me, a set of these 2 to go with the SDCC video game figure styling.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote