The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Alopex: My name is Alopex, Turtle boy
Splinter, master of the drunken-fist 17 41.46%
Only Leo and Mikey have the strongest ablity to sharpen their intuition 1 2.44%
Raph's foresight is too clouded by his anger and Donnie is too firmly rooted in rational thought 2 4.88%
Casey has 0.0 intuition 5 12.20%
Casey: I don't want to be cursed, being curse sucks worse then getting poisoned by karai 0 0%
**Remembers getting kissed by Karai** Casey: Actually the getting poisoned part was pretty sweet... 9 21.95%
See you again in season 5 Alopex 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 24: Tale of Tigerclaw

Just a few hours before the newest episode of season 4.

This episode it looks as though we are finally getting Tigerclaw's backstory, and also being introduced to a new character by the name of Alopex.

Who is Alopex? What is her relation to Tigerclaw? And what does she want with those twin swords?
Old 02-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Watched, but I prefer to talk about it once ir airs on Nick. Anyway, Tiger Claw and Alopex's story is really interesting.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:34 AM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor

Great episode but it did have some strange moments in it, Splinter training the turtles while drunk

Alopex is awesome, hope we see more of her in season 5.

We find out Tiger Claw real name and I assume he killed there parents.

Poor Casey avoiding death a lot, it felt like I was watching a Final Destination movie

Shocking moment of the episode, Alopex cutting Tiger Claw's hand off and even seeing his decapitated hand onscreen.

Raph: He won't be able to clap anymore

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #4
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Clever episode title. That's about it.

Otherwise, a complete waste of time.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 AM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Intoxication, dismemberment, on Nickelodeon?! Holy chalupas. The team really skirts around those censors, eh? Dope episode.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:41 AM   #6
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Intoxication, dismemberment, on Nickelodeon?! Holy chalupas. The team really skirts around those censors, eh? Dope episode.
Don't forget the drug addiction too, Tiger Claw getting high on catnip

Old 02-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #7
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

That was episode was absolutely amazing.
It looks like in the next episode or the one after the mighty mutanimals might be coming back because of the conversation with Mikey and Leo in the party waggon
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Clever episode title. That's about it.

Otherwise, a complete waste of time.
LOL, a post like this and you say you're not trolling? This episode gave backstory to one of the main villains, introduced a new character like Alopex and had the villains arm chopped off which will directly affect Tiger Claw's character going forward.

Some of the jokes did fall flat, but otherwise all the story elements made up for it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, a post like this and you say you're not trolling? This episode gave backstory to one of the main villains, introduced a new character like Alopex and had the villains arm chopped off which will directly affect Tiger Claw's character going forward.

Some of the jokes did fall flat, but otherwise all the story elements made up for it.
and TigerClaw will have a metal hand when we get to the episode where he summons the demon dragon.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

A metal hand, the greatest sign of character development there is!

I actually really enjoyed this episode for the great action (TigerClaw and Alopex in Chinatown) and humor (Boozing Splinter). But Aaronardo laid it out pretty well. They left out way too much detail of their falling out. Pretty big mistake for an episode coming 2 years late.

But hey, we do know Alopex is coming back in season 5. Still time to clear all this up.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #11
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Does anyone else think this just might be an easter egg for "The Catwoman from Channel 6" episode??
Old 02-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #12
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

There were other things as well, Takeshi is Tiger Claws real name, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

So I don't know why people are complaining that weren't much stuff between Alopex and Tiger Claw, we still got season 5 yet.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
There were other things as well, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

So I don't know why people are complaining that weren't much stuff between Alopex and Tiger Claw, we still got season 5 yet.
It's just the usual trolls, I have no idea why they hang out in the Nick section to bash a show they clearly don't enjoy. And saying episodes that are actually plot-oriented as a "waste of time" shows they don't know what they want.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
There were other things as well, Takeshi is Tiger Claws real name, Tiger Claw possibly killed there parents, Alopex probably forced to kill people.

Now we know TigerClaw's real name, But I don't remember if Alopex's real name was mention?
Old 02-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #15
Vegita-San
Emperor

perfect example of the shows weird writing..

It starts off with a drunken splinter of all things, trying to teach some odd lesson about ingenuity.

It gets completely forgotten about until the end, and only to show that splinter was right and casey had none to go on, and the others needed to help him along.

what was the point of that? casey didn't come away with any lesson learned.

and then at the end it goes all serious on us and violent to boot.

feels like two different people writing one show.

heh, i also saw they changed the intro again, something i usually skip. Shigami (sp) is in it..someone set up to be this big bad... but after three or so appearances, she's gone and it's like she was never there...

ugh..this show.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #16
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Thank you for summarising what happened. I did in fact watch it myself but I appreciate your recap.

Unfortunate that none of what happened was done well or engaging. It suffered from the BAD Michael Bay and Last Airbender (movie) syndrome where a lot of things 'happen' but aren't delved deep into. We call it chess piece storytelling.

Why did Tiger Claw do the things he did in his backstory? Why should we care now that Alopex is back when there are way more important plot threads such as Turtles Vs Super Shredder?

What the f#ck was the point of Casey being cursed?

And exactly how is Tiger Claw getting his arm cut off going to affect his CHARACTERISATION moving forward? Not sure what his "Lesson" was there...

None of this actually matters, even if it isn't filler, which is why this episode was a complete waste of time.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Why did Tiger Claw do the things he did in his backstory? Why should we care now that Alopex is back when there are way more important plot threads such as Turtles Vs Super Shredder?
Why did Tiger Claw do the things in his backstory? If you're referring to why Tiger Claw/Alopex started hating each other, it's most likely going to be expanded upon during Alopex's next appearance.

If you're referring to everything else like them joining the circus and then becoming assassin's, that was all well explained. They were outcasts among society, and did the only thing mutants can do.

Quote:
What the f#ck was the point of Casey being cursed?
A fun subplot for comedy.

Quote:
And exactly how is Tiger Claw getting his arm cut off going to affect his CHARACTERISATION moving forward? Not sure what his "Lesson" was there...
Are you joking? A character gets his arm chopped off and you're wondering if that will affect his character going forward? Of course his personality/character is going to be affected by it, as are his and Alopex's next meeting.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #18
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

I could spoil it for you if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Now we know TigerClaw's real name, But I don't remember if Alopex's real name was mention?
No he just called her Alopex

Old 02-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
The new handicap, probably making him less useful to Shredder, and the stress of always having to watch his back because he has a sister who wants to destroy him piece by piece?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
Allio
Foot Elite

For an episode with a drunk splinter and mutilation, it couldn't keep my interest

Alopex with super really made her uninteresting
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote