Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:30 PM   #401
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
Really hoping this isn't going to be Nickelodeon's answer to Teen Titans Go.
It's funny this is what everyone is thinking because I have a bad feeling that's exactly what it will be.God I hope Kevin Eastman wouldn't let that happen. *beckons the turtle gods*

By making the show more kid friendly I wish they would go more for a feel like that Jhonen Vasquez take on the turtles. My life would be complete. I really loved that short from SDCC and that voice cast wasn't too bad either. Shredder's design was pretty awesome too actually.

It was entertaining and lighthearted without being excessively stupid and mind numbing like Teen Titans Go... which has practically destroyed those characters for me personally.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 03-13-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:50 PM   #402
Powder
So tired of this place

Kevin has no say in this, & even if he did, it wouldn't matter. He vouches for the Bay films & is directly responsible for The Next Mutation. The guy's just happy to see his creation thrive in any form it takes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 03-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #403
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I did look through the IMDBs and had a sinking feeling.
Ant Ward has only produced one other show besides TMNT - that being The Penguins of Madagascar.
As for Andy Suriano, he has only produced one show at all:
Plastic Man. With a whopping six episodes to it. He was also a writer for it.

And with that show clearly not going well...

Penguins of Madagascar was decent enough, I've heard, but I don't know how much that can bring us.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #404
Powder
So tired of this place

Needless dramatics.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #405
snake
Disgusting

Ward was literally a character designer for Samurai Jack. We're gonna be fine.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #406
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Teen Titans Go is hit or miss, imo. It doesn’t appeal to me, but I have seen some eps or parts where I did find something funny about it. One that comes to mind is that ep I saw about Robin needing to get his driver’s license reinstated. He lost it because he crashed the Batmobile. He was getting everyone to drive him around for trivial things, until they confronted Robin over what the deal was. Robin found a driving instructor who was actually a bank robber. Robin didn’t realize that he wasn’t getting tested and stuff, only that he was acting as the get away driver. At the end, when he finally gave him his license, it turned out Robin knew what was going on the entire time and went into hero mode. I literally cracked up at that…but that was because of the irony of the entire situation and I like ironic humor (hence my liking of Sonic Boom). Overall, though, TTG isn’t something I would seek out to watch. All of the characters, for the most part, come across as a tad bit annoying, especially Cyborg.

Now as for this upcoming 2018 show…I really hope that it isn’t like TTG or an attempted TTG clone. Even though the original FW series was goofy and a bit slapsticky when it came to the fighting, the Turtles themselves weren’t idiotic and stuff. No matter who they fought against, they took it seriously. If the 2018 series follows the TTG format, and to add insult to injury, gave them the personalities of the TF FW Turtles, I don’t think I’d be able to get into it. ^^

Hm, but the fact there are Samurai Jack folks involved (even though I’ve never watched that show), I don’t think we’ll have anything to worry about. ^_^
Old 03-14-2017, 03:41 AM   #407
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Ward was literally a character designer for Samurai Jack. We're gonna be fine.
You mean Suriano. Looks like Ward has only dabbled in storyboarding, as far as actual drawing goes.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #408
Vegita-San
Emperor

i flipped past teen titans go, and they had a whole segment trashing 'internet haters'...

'why do people spend so much effort hating on stuff they don't even like?'

IT could have been funny, but these millennial writers not taking ANY form of criticism well makes it just come off as whining these days.

I'm with Bry a few pages back. TMNT can be so much more than 'all serious' like this series tried and failed at to be. or 'All Funny'.

The 4Kids series was a perfect blend of both IMHO. Up until Mikey got trapped by bubble wrap in fast forward at least .

it just seems like Nick has no clear vision for this property and is throwing ideas at dart boards.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #409
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The creators of the show were born in 1977 and 1946. The youngest person I can find on the production team was born in 1980 - in the Twilight Zone of "Gen X or Millennial?". That philosophy is NOT coming from Millennials.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #410
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it just seems like Nick has no clear vision for this property and is throwing ideas at dart boards.
Still trolling, Vegita-san? They made a 5 year cartoon with a clear vision, and now they want to do a new series with a different take.

I don't see what is so hard about this to understand.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #411
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The creators of the show were born in 1977 and 1946. The youngest person I can find on the production team was born in 1980 - in the Twilight Zone of "Gen X or Millennial?". That philosophy is NOT coming from Millennials.
How anyone could watch that episode and think it was written by a Millennial is beyond me. That's a Gen X sentiment if ever there was one.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #412
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I'm with Bry a few pages back. TMNT can be so much more than 'all serious' like this series tried and failed at to be.
Yeah, 'cause the psychedelic mushroom musical, anthro pizza, nightmare inducing rainbow colored beavers, skateboard obstacle courses, flatworm genie, comics coming to life, cat made of ice cream, etc. were sooooo serious.

Get a friggin' clue already.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #413
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
I'm with Bry a few pages back. TMNT can be so much more than 'all serious' like this series tried and failed at to be. or 'All Funny'.
Well, I wouldn't say that the current series was trying to be "all serious" by any stretch... they definitely aimed for a balance. Your mileage may vary on whether or not they achieved it, though.

(I kinda feel like the way it would veer from totally goofy/silly to far more serious and emotional from episode to episode could be a little whiplash-inducing, tone-wise. Nothing that bothered me too much, but I can see why that'd bug some viewers.)
Old 03-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #414
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
(I kinda feel like the way it would veer from totally goofy/silly to far more serious and emotional from episode to episode could be a little whiplash-inducing, tone-wise. Nothing that bothered me too much, but I can see why that'd bug some viewers.)
Except for a couple of hiccups here and there, I think they did a good job overall. I think they achieved a decent balance, moreso than the 80s and 2003 series did. Both of those tried to veer into the complete opposite tone from their original one, and basically alienated viewers.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #415
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

Hope for the best, expect the worst. ALSO-they emphasize...2-D...and its gonna be on Nick...this is gonna be done in Flash isn't it? And if so-WHAT THE POSSIBLE SHELL Nickelodeon, YOU CAN AFFORD frame by frame!

And in that regard, Loud House should have better animation as well given its popularity.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #416
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You mean Suriano. Looks like Ward has only dabbled in storyboarding, as far as actual drawing goes.
You're right, yeah. I'm still confident in the art team.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #417
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, 'cause the psychedelic mushroom musical, anthro pizza, nightmare inducing rainbow colored beavers, skateboard obstacle courses, flatworm genie, comics coming to life, cat made of ice cream, etc. were sooooo serious.

Get a friggin' clue already.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #418
pferreira
Foot Elite

Here's hoping for animation that isn't Flash based or looks like Samurai Jack.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #419
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
What the heck are you talking about? What's wrong with Samurai Jack's animation or designs??? It's one of the best looking animated shows out there.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #420
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
But Samurai Jack just came back and looks better than ever.
Hahahaha!
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters