The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #1721
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Anybody ever get these lighted bricks?

https://www.bricklink.com/store/home.page?p=Brick_Booster#/shop?o={"showHomeItems":1}

Brick link
Brick Booster

I was thinking the Volkswagon might work in the Party Wagon.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #1722
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope some of the other Classic (Fred Wolf Sets) involve:

Classic Turtle Lair
Turtle Blimp
Mutant Module
Something to do with Channel 6 News
Old 02-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #1723
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

The next set of the classic series are supposedly the 90s movie. Back when the out of the shadows sets were about to come out last year, I spoke with a Mattel representative to ask when the movie sets would be available in stores. She checked with someone and said that they would be in stores in summer 2017. That caught me off guard and asked if those were the out of the shadows and she responded back in an email saying they would be released that following month. So I do believe this summer we will see sets from the 90's movies.
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #1724
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
The next set of the classic series are supposedly the 90s movie. Back when the out of the shadows sets were about to come out last year, I spoke with a Mattel representative to ask when the movie sets would be available in stores. She checked with someone and said that they would be in stores in summer 2017. That caught me off guard and asked if those were the out of the shadows and she responded back in an email saying they would be released that following month. So I do believe this summer we will see sets from the 90's movies.
Curious to see what they'll do if they pursue that route. The live-action films were iconic for the characters but not so much for vehicles or locations... other than maybe the big fight in April's Apartment (that could make a cool set) or maybe even Tatsu's "anything you wanna do, do it" party hideaway for young punks (that could be hilarious).

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #1725
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Curious to see what they'll do if they pursue that route. The live-action films were iconic for the characters but not so much for vehicles or locations... other than maybe the big fight in April's Apartment (that could make a cool set) or maybe even Tatsu's "anything you wanna do, do it" party hideaway for young punks (that could be hilarious).
Definitely the rooftop fight with Raph and the foot
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #1726
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Definitely the rooftop fight with Raph and the foot
I guess the problem is that every memorable scene in the 1st movie seems to be a better fit for their existing Mirage Comics line. Although I guess they could just revise the Turtle sculpts and put everything in color instead of B&W.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #1727
Krang316
Foot Soldier

Well I'm hoping for a Turtles Blimp, with perhaps a Donny, Mickey and Android Krang regular size.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #1728
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier

Meh, if they do 90s movie sets, I'll be done collecting as my core interests are the Classic 80s, Mirage & the Nick series.

I'm REALLY hoping for a Technorover with Traag & Granitor since the Donnie 4-pack had generic stone warriors. Also the classic Turtle lair (ala the Playmates set), the turtle blimp glider, Foot Cruiser and maybe a Neutrino hover car... and a couple more classic characters figures.

Looking forward to the new Nick sets and I hope they do a couple more of those too.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #1729
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

I see a lot of the same suggesting of Lair, Channel 6, Module, etc. and while I want those, a set I'd really like to have is one centered on a Casey Jones episode. My suggestions are these:

1) Knucklehead set. I totally forgot the Knucklehead was in Casey's first episode. It's perfect for a set. Be the Knucklehead, Casey, a Turtle, and a Foot Soldier (or did someone else drive in the show)

2) Park set based on Corporate Raiders From Dimension X. It'd be a buildable vending machine (maybe with breaking action) and a Mary-Go-Round with a normal Casey Jones and a Turtle in road worker disguise (or other variant). If they have extra room in the budget, add an extra suit body for Casey.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #1730
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Quote:
There's nothing in that to suggest 90's movie or confirm anything. And even if there were, the rebrand was enough to alter product lines and time frames.

"Supposedly." That word used on the Internet when you don't want to be held responsible for other people's incorrect or incomplete information.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #1731
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I've noticed that the Walmarts closest to me have the Out of the Shadows individual character boxes on clearance for $1.

I got four today and also picked up the new Mikey's Kitchen Chaos set today for $10. It's a cute little set, especially Ice Cream Kitty's figure. I do wish the fridge and freezer doors actually opened, as it would have given ICK a proper home option.

I also like the mask sculpt and jacket details on OotS Casey.

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-26-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 AM   #1732
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

If you look at Samurai Leo's armor from the Battle Pack, parts of it resemble the armor from TMNT III. They probably did this because there are plans to do Classics sets for all three movies.

I'd like to see a new line representing the 2003 series too, since their sets have come so far since then.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #1733
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Would be cool if we got three sets based on the original trilogy (one set for each movie).

It would also make sense if we got more Mutagen Canister sets. Leo, Donnie, Bebop and perhaps one more?
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #1734
dripgutz24
Hench Mutant

Anyone have any suggestions on a missing part for the technodrome? I'm missing one of the ball joint that opens the drome up.
dripgutz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #1735
calmik
Foot Soldier

contact Mega Bloks on their website. i have several times and they are always awesome about getting the replacement part. just make sure you have all the info required from the form. such as model number of the drome, part number you are missing and so forth.
calmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #1736
dripgutz24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmik View Post
contact Mega Bloks on their website. i have several times and they are always awesome about getting the replacement part. just make sure you have all the info required from the form. such as model number of the drome, part number you are missing and so forth.
Thanks calmik
dripgutz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #1737
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe April's Family Farm? I would dig Donnie in the Truck from the scene with him and Casey.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:42 AM   #1738
Freeman
Hench Mutant

I think a vintage lair homage and a April apartment showdown for Eastman&Lair turtles that could be built under the other set would be fantastic.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:26 AM   #1739
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I think a vintage lair homage and a April apartment showdown for Eastman&Lair turtles that could be built under the other set would be fantastic.
Wow holy sh!t yes, I agree!!!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 AM   #1740
Krang316
Foot Soldier

I'll be happy just to see the Coney Island set released, we got pics of that set months ago but it's yet to show up anywhere.
Krang316 is offline   Reply With Quote