The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2017, 12:57 PM   #141
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Triceratons at least claiming to be from Dimension X. I'm not a fan of that.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #142
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

That not everything has to be exactly the same as the previous adaptation. Although, it would be great to see some storylines and have some characters remain faithfully to the original, but change and new ideas is progress when it works or at least when you have a plan. Sometimes concepts should be explored because it has huge potential for character development and plot.

That is something that I am going to take with me when going into a new version of the turtles. As long that they keep the core ideas or at least keeping one critical focus of key characters in place but just changing the rest so that gives you a reason to watch it.

Like for example, the origin of the turtles and splinter doesn't need to be the same beat per beat but it's important to know why it was written the way it was so to give a outline or theme of TMNT.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 01-31-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #143
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
it pretty much had like the best Napoleon Bonafrog ever.

check out this free demo.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #144
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Well, I don't think this thread is a Nick TMNT "Bashing" thread, because it's not "there's nothing good about the Nick show" as "What original ideas did the Nick show contribute to the franchise?"

And, that's a legitimate good question.

I like the Nick show. But, it really is mainly an enjoyable mixture of what came before, and doesn't really add a lot of new content.

I guess Tiger-Claw, Psychic April, Teenage April/Casey, and the Leo/Karai pairing have some potential to manifest in future versions. But, I don't see much else that will stand out as being from the Nick show in future iterations.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #145
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Well, I don't think this thread is a Nick TMNT "Bashing" thread, because it's not "there's nothing good about the Nick show" as "What original ideas did the Nick show contribute to the franchise?"
even people like myself who don't like it in general can see some of the good in it.

it's just some people here tend to ignore that and go all red when they see any form of criticism.

The other good thing about this series is the music. it's one of the last shows on tv that has a fun soundtrack with memorable music cues.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #146
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I guess Tiger-Claw, Psychic April, Teenage April/Casey, and the Leo/Karai pairing
All horrible, IMHO.

I think Miwa (as a character seperate from Karai) could be a cool character in a future version.

I'd like to see Don's naginata and Mike's kusari-gama become mainstays.

And geek Leo needs to be a thing from now on.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

What's wrong with Tiger Claw? He's one of the best new additions to the franchise. I'd like to see him in future incarnations as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #148
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's wrong with Tiger Claw? He's one of the best new additions to the franchise. I'd like to see him in future incarnations as well.
The big issue for Tiger Claw, at least in my opinion, is literally any other TMNT character can fill his role. There are already several other bounty hunter mutants from the toyline and previous versions (example: Scale Tail). In addition, he really lacks the intrigue of the other Foot mutants in this show.

Say what you will of the characters not being at their best anymore, but each were intriguing. Remember Xever's backstory and possible rivalry with Raphael? What about Bradford struggling to impress his master? Tiger Claw seems to lack that one thing; the Alopex feud feels too little too late (then again, the English dub airs in two weeks).

The only two elements that make Tiger Claw excellent are his design and his voice provided by Eric Bauza. TC may have had good moments and is the common henchmutant in recent episodes since season 3, but something feels amiss.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #149
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

And, that's a legitimate good question.

I like the Nick show. But, it really is mainly an enjoyable mixture of what came before, and doesn't really add a lot of new content.

I guess Tiger-Claw, Psychic April, Teenage April/Casey, and the Leo/Karai pairing have some potential to manifest in future versions. But, I don't see much else that will stand out as being from the Nick show in future iterations.
That's how i meant it too. Like i ssid the only thing new i see sticking is possibly giving the turtles different body types.

As for Tiger Claw he depends on if the next show will follow yhe mutant madness of the 80s or the mirage rule that the only mutants are the turtles, splinter and leathethead. Or he could be an alien i guess.

Maybe we'll even see Carnage and Radical in a new show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #150
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Basically what GoldMutant said.

He has no personality and has suffered severe villain decay. Back in season 2, Splinter could barely beat him... now Casey punks him.

And that God damned jet pack is SO cheesy.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tiger Claw fills the same role in this show that Hun did back in 2k3, or Tatsu in the first two movies. He's basically Shredder's second in command, the tough no-nonsense enforcer. It's just that since Nick is mutant-heavy he's a mutant tiger instead of a human like Hun or Tatsu.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #152
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Tiger Claw fills the same role in this show that Hun did back in 2k3, or Tatsu in the first two movies. He's basically Shredder's second in command, the tough no-nonsense enforcer. It's just that since Nick is mutant-heavy he's a mutant tiger instead of a human like Hun or Tatsu.
Except with Hun, he actually had more of a character in 2k3 outside being the second in command. (Tatsu I can't verify as I need to rewatch the 1990 movie)

Tiger Claw literally has little character in comparison. His loyalty to Shredder is the primary thing he has; sure, he's questioned Shredder a few times now (RtNY, Annihilation, and his well-being in Darkness Plight being the most obvious to me), but otherwise, what does he have that differs him?

Again, you can place literally any of the previous bounty hunter villains of TMNT and they'd be the same, except in terms of design. Tiger Claw still lacks something in comparison to 2k3 Hun. (again, Tatsu I can't verify now)
Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #153
ToTheNines
[sic]

Tatsu dosen't have much character, but he had about 10 minutes of screen time. Maybe less.

TigerClaw has been part of the show since season 2. No excuse.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #154
Vegita-San
Emperor

And it takes from to season 4 or 5, whenever
Spoiler:
apolex comes in,
to get this job done?

come on. youhave a brand new stand out character people like, and sometimes it feels like youhave to be reminded he's even in the damn show.

Shredder, half the time felt like a foot note during the first three seasons.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #155
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Unfortunately for Tiger Claw fans the next show will most likely give shredder a new second in command, which is good because whatever the next show will be, it'll need its brand new characters as well.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Unfortunately for Tiger Claw fans the next show will most likely give shredder a new second in command, which is good because whatever the next show will be, it'll need its brand new characters as well.
We don't know that. They could go back to using Hun again, or do what IDW does and use everyone.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #157
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
We don't know that. They could go back to using Hun again, or do what IDW does and use everyone.
Why break tradition? Every new series has added a different enforcer for the Shredder, so why would a new series cheap out and use someone that came before instead of making someone new?

Old 02-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #158
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Why break tradition? Every new series has added a different enforcer for the Shredder, so why would a new series cheap out and use someone that came before instead of making someone new?
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. What does it matter? Maybe the next series will go back to using Bebop/Rocksteady from the start again, who knows. Or just Hun.

There's no point in wondering this now. A new cartoon is years off.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #159
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Maybe the next series will go back to using Bebop/Rocksteady from the start again, who knows.
Barf. I hope not. I don't hate B/R but it feels like they'd likely just end up devolving into 'comedy relief' and crappy FredWolf-isms (like making them idiotic man-children) if they are used as Shredder's henchmen.

If they do use them, maybe let them be still part of their own gang like they initially started off in the OT. They could be the arch-rivals of the Mutanimals or something, anything but the perennial bootlicking henchmen role they seem to be stuck in. It might even force the show to use some old characters that were only in toy form to fill in the ranks, something I know that people have been wanting to see (toy characters used and developed.)

Last edited by Metalwolf; 02-06-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #160
CyberCubed
Overlord

At this point I would not be surprised if Bebop/Rocksteady appear in every single new TMNT incarnation. They've already been in all 3 during the Nick revival, they're in the IDW comics, Nick cartoon and the new Michael Bay movies.

If they were absent from at least one of the 3 new series I would say they could be moved on from, but they used them in all 3. They'll probably be in future series too.