The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #121
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Couldn't help but tell on yourself, huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It makes you wonder why the Ben 10 2016 cartton which also much more comedy and silly comapred the much darker and serious first 2005 series is on season 4 now while Rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles that is as bad as the current Ben 10 cartoon didnt manage to finish even season 2.
Just different properties, I guess. And in the Turtles case, a lot more older fans.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #122
BlimeyBullhop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Couldn't help but tell on yourself, huh.

Just different properties, I guess. And in the Turtles case, a lot more older fans.
Iíve realized thereís not much here to enjoy anymore. Too much negativity, hate, etc. Sucks the fun out of it.

But you (most of you) people having a heart attack every time I come back is hilarious.
BlimeyBullhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:36 PM   #123
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It makes you wonder why the Ben 10 2016 cartton which also much more comedy and silly comapred the much darker and serious first 2005 series is on season 4 now while Rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles that is as bad as the current Ben 10 cartoon didnt manage to finish even season 2.
1. Rise is awesome

2.Mostly because the newest Ben 10 is a lot cheaper compared to Rise
Old 02-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #124
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyBullhop View Post
But you (most of you) people having a heart attack every time I come back is hilarious.
So you come back because you're bored, proceed to be a boring troll, then out yourself in short time because you're bored. What is there to have a "heart attack" over... it's a boring routine and you seem to read into it what you want. Bye though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Back in October, the decision was made to pull back on Rise
Quote:
There is no Rise feature in production at this time. Plans were made, itís not moving forward.

Quote:
https://media.netflix.com/en/press-r...ound-the-world
Nov. 13th

Netflix and Nickelodeon today announced that they have formed a new, multi-year output deal to produce original animated feature films and television series... Also forthcoming are specials based on The Loud House and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
I mean, maybe plans could have since changed in the past almost three months, but if in October they decided to pull back on 'Rise,' then how was a Netflix movie still a part of the equation come that November announcement by Netflix?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-08-2020 at 05:31 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #125
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Imagine thinking posting a source is doxing.
Imagine fishing for answers and being denied. then pouting like a child.

I'm kind of tired of defending myself. I don't need you to believe anything I say - but if you want to check my history, I was first to point out that Rise had been cancelled, and I new well in advance what the plan for Jennika was/is.
Rise killed TMNT for the foreseeable future. I'd be more focused on that, and who it was that championed that garbage, and put the brand in a coma.

Glad they got to mock us for two years, totally worth it to put the boys on ice. Yay for shills!
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #126
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I mean, maybe plans could have since changed in the past almost three months, but if in October they decided to pull back on 'Rise,' then how was a Netflix movie still a part of the equation come that November announcement by Netflix?
I'd be giving myself away if I gave you more detail. What I can say is, they don't want to upset the applecart pre Christmas sales, if you get my drift. It takes anywhere from 6months to a year to get product to market, especially when you involve manufacture overseas. If they had announced Rise was over, when it WAS over, how would that impact sales for the next two months? Walmart and friends who had bought product would be very, very angry.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #127
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'd be giving myself away if I gave you more detail. What I can say is, they don't want to upset the applecart pre Christmas sales, if you get my drift. It takes anywhere from 6months to a year to get product to market, especially when you involve manufacture overseas. If they had announced Rise was over, when it WAS over, how would that impact sales for the next two months? Walmart and friends who had bought product would be very, very angry.
While I agree with your point about the business decision and wanting to milk the money still viable in the product, its hard to believe your insider info. I do hope you can say, "I told you so". Rise is alienating the fanbase and they tried a different direction. Judging by the firing of Biggs and keeping it quiet until the episode that aired the same time the series premiered, it was at the halfway point of the way through production of the second season when the series first hit the airwaves. That being said Biggs firing to appease angry fans and parents was kept quiet so not to produce any more ripples on sales. It also reveals that products are produced a long time in advance before figures come in as if the audience is buying into the direction. Hoping for a better direction and something for everyone next time out.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:50 PM   #128
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
While I agree with your point about the business decision and wanting to milk the money still viable in the product, its hard to believe your insider info. I do hope you can say, "I told you so". Rise is alienating the fanbase and they tried a different direction. Judging by the firing of Biggs and keeping it quiet until the episode that aired the same time the series premiered, it was at the halfway point of the way through production of the second season when the series first hit the airwaves. That being said Biggs firing to appease angry fans and parents was kept quiet so not to produce any more ripples on sales. It also reveals that products are produced a long time in advance before figures come in as if the audience is buying into the direction. Hoping for a better direction and something for everyone next time out.

take everything with a grain of salt, sure. They still haven't officially said Rise is over, have they. Unless you're paying close enough attention, it's not obvious.

My bigger concern, is that the blame is being misplaced. This isn't the part I want people to take with a grain of salt.
This is the part where I want you to get angry. I want you to let them know very loudly that TMNT would be FINE, but they F*CKED UP.

The fans need to make it clear that it wasn't "too soon", it was "GARBAGE CONTENT" with "GARBAGE ARTISTS".
when people talk about how great the animation was, they are lying. They are misrepresenting the problem.
The minority of cal arts twits can not be allowed to slink away, shoulders shrugged, or worse, point fingers. They killed the brand, like Bay before them.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #129
lonewarrior20
Hench Mutant

Quote:
take everything with a grain of salt, sure. They still haven't officially said Rise is over, have they. Unless you're paying close enough attention, it's not obvious.

My bigger concern, is that the blame is being misplaced. This isn't the part I want people to take with a grain of salt.
This is the part where I want you to get angry. I want you to let them know very loudly that TMNT would be FINE, but they F*CKED UP.

The fans need to make it clear that it wasn't "too soon", it was "GARBAGE CONTENT" with "GARBAGE ARTISTS".
when people talk about how great the animation was, they are lying. They are misrepresenting the problem.
The minority of cal arts twits can not be allowed to slink away, shoulders shrugged, or worse, point fingers. They killed the brand, like Bay before them.
I don't know about that. I think it may have to do with a generation gap. personally I at first didn't like the 2012 series but it grew on me after the first 10 episodes. this show has as well, my only real complaint is things are too crammed into the episodes. now if they were half hour episodes the writing, direction, and action would be completely different. the person that made that decision I do blame. as for the artistry each series has been done and designed by different studios and different methods of animation styles. i'm not lying, I just enjoy something you don't. as the old saying goes "to each his own".

lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:28 PM   #130
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I don't know about that. I think it may have to do with a generation gap. personally I at first didn't like the 2012 series but it grew on me after the first 10 episodes. this show has as well, my only real complaint is things are too crammed into the episodes. now if they were half hour episodes the writing, direction, and action would be completely different. the person that made that decision I do blame. as for the artistry each series has been done and designed by different studios and different methods of animation styles. i'm not lying, I just enjoy something you don't. as the old saying goes "to each his own".
I personally never felt like any episode was too crammed, I mean as much as I do love this show I don't think I would enjoy episodes like Man vs Sewer or Snowday if it was 22 minutes.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:01 PM   #131
TommyT
Stone Warrior

By catering to the cal arts crowd, TMNT committed Seppuku.

Some people think you can bake meat with bananas, and some people like it.
Most of us didn't. This is what happened when you concern yourself with minority interests over majority desires.

Now there's no show, and won't be, for a very long time.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:11 AM   #132
Leo656
The Franchise

My gut tells me you are telling the truth.

And you and I don't agree on everything, but we mostly agree on this. I'm just a little quieter about it. I thought BayTurtles was as low as things would sink, but this show made me question that. I know that between the two of them, I'm convinced that Nick just doesn't have any idea what to actually do with the franchise, and are just chasing trends hoping to find one that will stick.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm kinda sad I missed Goku. My experience with the mentally ill is rather limited in some ways so it always kinda fascinates me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:08 AM   #133
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I personally never felt like any episode was too crammed, I mean as much as I do love this show I don't think I would enjoy episodes like Man vs Sewer or Snowday if it was 22 minutes.
Because they don't warrant being longer and would be intolerable otherwise. They're the type of hyjinks you get in short format cartoons. Snowday is something you'd get out of a standard Tom and Jerry short. Though I should ask, have you enjoyed the few half hour episodes?
LeotheLateBloomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #134
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Because they don't warrant being longer and would be intolerable otherwise. They're the type of hyjinks you get in short format cartoons. Snowday is something you'd get out of a standard Tom and Jerry short. Though I should ask, have you enjoyed the few half hour episodes?
I pretty much like most of the episodes and the ones I don't like are based on their own quality rather for their run time. One of the strengths of the 11 minute format Rise has is that they can have episodes that are less high stakes and more slice of life esque episodes without them feeling padded in some places(cough 2012 cough). An addition to the mentioned it also brings great world building to the show, New York in this series feels more densely populated and alive than in the 2k3/2k12 where in those shows its basically empty half of the time but in something like Rise you can have the enemy distracted by a group of people partying on a boat. Going back to the slice of life episodes it also gives more dimensions to the villains in one episode you can have someone like Repo Mantis fighting the turtles in another you can have him teaming up with the turtles to cage his mutant cat/mantis pet.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #135
AquaParade
Big Boss

Interesting indeed.

Even playing off the idea that Tommyís source is reliable, Iíd say the idea of putting the shows on ice could be a good thing. Isnít there the possibility that they still license it out to Neca, Paramount, Konami etc on the meantime? The info is vague so I suppose we donít have the answer. But if that were the case, maybe the handholding would therefor cease, as TMNT is placed on the Viacom backburner, somewhat out of mind.

Iím getting into really choppy waters, but the fact is we donít even have enough of a rumor to know what this could mean for other branches of the franchise.
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #136
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Interesting indeed.

Even playing off the idea that Tommy’s source is reliable, I’d say the idea of putting the shows on ice could be a good thing. Isn’t there the possibility that they still license it out to Neca, Paramount, Konami etc on the meantime? The info is vague so I suppose we don’t have the answer. But if that were the case, maybe the handholding would therefor cease, as TMNT is placed on the Viacom backburner, somewhat out of mind.

I’m getting into really choppy waters, but the fact is we don’t even have enough of a rumor to know what this could mean for other branches of the franchise.

The only thing that's on hold right now are the linears - meaning shows or films. Apparently they're working on what to do next, but also shopping for options, so while the future of TMNT is on hold, anything from the back catalogue is not.
It should be understood that Viacom only holds the IP - other companies actually make the goods, so this is how everything grinds to a hault. without the central "vision" the licensees can't really get a foothold on the direction the brand is going, so making product becomes difficult, if not impossible.
For example, if you wanted to license Rise turtles, for your clothing company, you might think twice if the new cartoon has a vastly different look/feel. by the time you get to market with Rise donatello on your socks and shirts, the "new" tmnt might be out, or advertised, and despite your product being brand new, it's now old.

Now, if it's true that they felt Rise came out too soon, there is little chance they'll actively be looking to make that same mistake again.

So for the time being, Classic tmnt is a safer bet, as a known representation of the brand, so if anything, this is what will be seen.

Last edited by TommyT; 02-09-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #137
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
By catering to the cal arts crowd, TMNT committed Seppuku.

Some people think you can bake meat with bananas, and some people like it.
Most of us didn't. This is what happened when you concern yourself with minority interests over majority desires.

Now there's no show, and won't be, for a very long time.
You know any more details on the Konami game? Which incarnation it will be based on?
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #138
The Great Saiyaman
Hench Mutant

You know, going over what has been said in this thread inspired me to do the cosplay scene in my new comic.

Exactly HOW it inspired me, I won't say.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #139
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
If you want real gossip, the latest is that DC itself may fold into Disney, with a Merger of DC and Marvel.

Sounds absurd, but I've heard this twice in the last two weeks. Hard to imagine, but it's apparently only DC, and their IP's.
Is this why Doomsday Clock's finale teased the "secret crisis" and described Thor and Hulk in every way short of naming them?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #140
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm sure you would hear the usual rumors from the big sites if any kind of DC buyout was happening. It would literally be HUGE news and it's not something that would be kept under wraps even for rumors. The fact that nothing about it is said anywhere makes it obvious it's not gonna happen
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote