The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #21
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Awesome episode.

-Fly Baxter is better then regular Baxter.
-April being immune to Mutagen.
-Kirby being cured...for now.
-April/Casey riding Kirby into battle.
-The return of mothman Mikey.
-Bradford still wanting to be cured.
-April user her psychic ability to locate her dad.
-Baxter saying he has plans for big/rhino mutants
-Flying Foot clan robots.
-Retro mutagen can be made but not easily.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #22
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

I did enjoy this episode. I was pretty shocked when April fell into the mutagen. Nick is really good at surprising people, even if it is only for a moment. Since Nick went out of their way to show Don's finger touch April's, I wasn't quite sure if she would become a mutant turtle or be immune to the mutagen. Like the others brought up, if it only took one drop to cure Kirby, they could have cured so many more mutants with just one vial.

I was wondering how Baxter would mutate, and it still was because of Shredder in this version too. His design is pretty disturbing and the vomit is as well. Talk about realistic, wow. And is Baxter already losing part of his mind? Why did he want to merge with April? That is disturbing in more ways than one.

A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #23
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
And is Baxter already losing part of his mind? Why did he want to merge with April? That is disturbing in more ways than one.
We'll call it Baxpril Stockfly Kraangy Thing...
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Hmm, I liked it, but here's a few notes I took during the episode:

- Before mutating Stockman, Shredder tells him that he doesn't make idle threats, yet he does this constantly in the first season.

- What the Hell was up with them photo shopping Greg Cipes' head on mikey?

- Unnecessary Fly Baxter gross out scene is Unnecessary.

- Oh god, those stupid fly puns are back.

- So what is this, the 10th time that April has been abducted?

- How does nobody notice the huge aerial battle going on in the city streets?

- Donnie's victory dance seems out of character for him.

Other than that, I give it an 8/10. Entertaining but not perfect.

Last edited by ObiWanFan4life; 05-04-2014 at 09:45 AM.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Who says the one drop was enough to make it permanent. So you never know what will happen next.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #26
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Wow...amazing episode! I loved every minute of it, so much better than last week's.

First of all...Baxter made Ace Duck! and mentioned a pig and a rhino...foreshadowing B&R! I really did feel bad for Baxter at the beginning...but it is nice to see that Shredder is a no nonsense guy and a pretty dark villain.

I was on the edge of my seat when April fell into the mutagen. I really thought she was going to turn into Venus, as it took the liberty of specifically showing us that Don's hand was the last thing she touched before falling in...resulting in a female turtle..so I thought. She's immune to it, which just brings up even more questions about her origin. April was awesome in this episode, kicking stockman's a**, riding Kirby and pretty taking charge/being absolutely determined to get her father back.

Seeing Kirby acting as a vampire at the beginning was kinda creepy...but anyway, I really liked him in this episode. It was cool to see him actually helping the heroes and not just mindlessly screeching and trying to kill everyone.

Seeing Rahzar throughout the episode was cool, but no Fishface...

The retro mutagen...wow. I can't believe Don really did it, that really is a huge scientific breakthrough. The plot of the episode basically revolving around everyone going after the stuff just really worked and was entertaining to watch.

You could tell that Splinter kinda wanted to turn back...

I really thought that Kirby was going to stay a bat...I didn't think they'd get that last drop of retro mutagen after all...but that beings up somewhat of a...goof, if you will. In the beginning of the episode, Don says the vile of RM has enough to cure Kirby and Splinter, only two people. However, as you can see...it took ONE drop of the stuff to cure Kirby...so if that's the case...one vile could've cured many more mutants than just two. Unless Kirby staying human is just temporary.

Shredder at the end saying that he has one final mutant in mind...I wonder what he meant?

Funniest moment: When Leo told April and Casey to watch Kirby, and the three of them are just standing there pretty awkwardly...

Overall, great episode. I feel really bad for Baxter, but I'm happy that April is becoming even more of a kick a** character and that Kirby is back to normal. But most of all, I'm happy that there is now a way to cure mutants...I can't wait to see how the RM will be used in the future episodes. I give it a ten out of ten!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #27
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant

I love Fly-Baxter's design. It's wonderfully disgusting . And even if April was kidnapped again, she sure fought back a lot more in this episode than in previous ones, and she took charge at the end as well. I do hope she's kidnapped much less often in the future. Can't we use Irma for that?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #28
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I thought this was a fairly enjoyable episode, had some pretty cool stuff. It was nice to see
Spoiler:
April's dad turn human again
and Baxter Fly was cool.

Also, did anyone get that commercial with Mikey saying all the cool things he can do with zipline? That was pretty funny
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #29
Vicky82
Emperor

Wow, What a fantastic epiode, it was dark and so intence and the music was epic.

Baxter Fly is so creepy and disturbing more than Baxter Fly from the 80s toon.
He is disgusting too when he kept on spitting out acid like liquid and eating rubbish.

Foreshadow moment - When Baxter said about Mutanting a Pig and a Rhyno - Bebop and Rocksteady coming

Intence Moments
When the 1st vial smashed
April falling into the mutagen ( I actually shouted OMG and jumped out of my seat) but then it
turns out April is ok and immune to mutagen. I also thought at the time when Donnie was trying to save
April that he was going to fall in the Mutagen.
When the 2nd vial smashed but luckly some of it hit Kirby (but i'm wondering if it was actually enough to cure Kirby and is it permenant)
Thought Donny got hurt when fell into the dumpster but hiding in his shell saved him.

Good/Epic and Funny momments
Best quote from Splinter "I may not be human, but I am fortunate enough to still have my humanity."
Flying Foot Bots and Leo was riding on one of them
April calming Kirby Bat down and then they cuddle was cute.
April getting better at fighting
The final fight scene were they all trying to get the retro mutagen in the sky was awesome
Mikey was funny/bit annoying in this episode -Mikey's head changing ,
Mikey trying to act serious before Raph pushes him out the way,
the return of Turflytle, calling Raph Maggot boy as his sidekick,
Mikey shouting out Buzz Buzz a lot got bit annoying.
Turtle fly symbol a reference to the Batman symbol from the 70s show
Casey Playing air guitar with a hockey stick.
Donnie getting kissed twice, loved his little dance and singing 'Bow Chicka Bow Bow' after the 2nd kiss he got from April,
looks like his rivalry with Casey over April isn't over.

Love these 2 pics of Donnie (warning big pics)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vicky82; 05-04-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #30
drgon78
Mad Scientist

There is a cure but it takes 10 canisters of mutagen and like 10 months to make. I am glad they did it this way so it isn't so easy to undo mutations.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
MiBs
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Like the others brought up, if it only took one drop to cure Kirby
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Who says the one drop was enough to make it permanent. So you never know what will happen next.
I thought the blanket would reveal that Kirby still had his bat body
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #32
JTH
"ME"

The one drop of Retro-Mutagen was a bit of a stretch based on what was said.

But being it wasn't tested on any mutant before hand, I'll just go with it being a scientific theory than an actual fact.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #33
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Oh, I forgot to mention the Batman like Turflytle symbol. That was awesome
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think we can safely write out Ace Duck from ever appearing in this show as Shredder thought he was stupid and he was referenced as a throwaway joke.

Just goes to show you everyone hates Ace Duck who works on a TMNT cartoon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #35
JTH
"ME"

Anybody also notice when Donnie made the Retro Mutagen, they paid homage to other mutagens from previous TMNT incarnations.

The current blue mutagen was in the beaker, which Donnie then added a green liquid (Homage to the mutagen from the movies), which turned the Retro-Mutagen pink (The color of the mutagen in the 87' cartoon)

Was pretty cool.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #36
Knight_man
Foot Soldier

My thoughts on kirby is the little bit of mutagen is really all that is needed. The splash is just for show by the creators. And maybe April's dna being the last thing he touched helped his retromutation.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #37
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiBs View Post
I thought the blanket would reveal that Kirby still had his bat body
Yeah I thought that too, turns out he was nude under that blanket
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #38
fridaynightdestination
Banned

This episode raises the question, at least for me, what if Mikey does what Mikey does and spills the retro-mutagen.

BUT ON HIMSELF?

I mean, that's a creepy thought, if one of the turtles spilled the retro-mutagen on themselves.

And also, am I the only one who thought the Greg Cipes face part was funny?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
This episode raises the question, at least for me, what if Mikey does what Mikey does and spills the retro-mutagen.

BUT ON HIMSELF?

I mean, that's a creepy thought, if one of the turtles spilled the retro-mutagen on themselves.
That's already been shown in past series. The Turtles would turn back into ordinary Turtles. Shredder and Krang tried to demutate the Turtles several times in the original cartoon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #40
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's already been shown in past series. The Turtles would turn back into ordinary Turtles. Shredder and Krang tried to demutate the Turtles several times in the original cartoon.
I know. It's just creepy to think about. One thing that could make a good episode is if one of them does spill it on themselves, and the rest of them frantically try to get some mutagen to bring them back, but The Shredder finds out and the Foot ninja do everything in their power to make sure the DON'T get any mutagen. It could make a good season finale.

Tags
ace duck, baxter stockman, episode discussion