The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Valentine's Day 2019

Tomorrow is the day.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Is that when Ghostbusters 2 predicted the world would end or was it last year?

Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I think my primary plans are just to be covered in red Valentine's Day card glitter from work... And for the next several days afterward as the leftovers get switched for the next holidays.

But happy early Valentine's to all around this place.

At the very least, I'll wear the tee with that print for the occasion.

Not sure TMNT stuff would typically be appropriate for work, but I'll be working alone and it'll prob be a shorter day, so meh, who is gonna care.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
Voltron
Ableist

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where the girls have to give stuff to the boys on Valentine's Day. The whole thing is switched! Hehehe.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So what are the typical gifts? Is it the similar sort candy and whatnot?

No matter how this particular society, and esp the ads, try to make it look, I've always disliked any notion that it's a one sided holiday here. It's not called "National Give Women Stuff Day," Valentine's Day is for everyone, and I've never known any guy that would turn down candy either.

Any woman who doesn't give back to her guy is kind of a jerk. (But happy to say, the cute his/husband cards in my stores have been selling pretty well.) And the stereotype of his "gift" being just later in bed shouldn't be all there is to it either... and dammit, that too should be for each other.

Side note... had to laugh (and mentally roll my eyes) to myself overhearing an obnoxious sounding young couple apparently confused over a couple "Galentine" cards. Sure, it's an unofficial word probably made up by the company to sell a few more cards, but it's really not that hard to figure out that GALentine is exactly as it sounds... cards between female friends.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-13-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #6
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm gonna try to make myself remember to do some Valentine's Day cards tonight because tomorrow just seems / feels like another day to me.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #7
Voltron
Ableist

Typical gifts are chocolate and a card. There's three separate days in this area of the globe. There's Valentine's, where girls give to boys. White Day comes on March 14th, where boys give to girls. And then there's Black Day on April 14th, where if you didn't receive anything, you have to eat some kind of special dinner. I think it's noodles or something, I dunno.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's kinda awesome. Didn't get anything... gonna have me some pasta. I could deal with that.

Speaking of other dates... Is anyone familiar with Sweetest Day? I guess it's supposed to be similar to Valentine's? Only because of work did I learn of this one this past fall. (I think it's in October?) Supposedly I guess it's mostly Midwestern, but also parts of the northeast but clearly not my part. Even though I think one of my stores did have just a few card options for it, but I'm not sure people around here really got what it was. Was a little baffled myself thinking we're now doing Valentine's twice...? lol There wasn't exactly anything else to go along with it.

Anyway, not doing much for it anyhow, but the immediate family will all get cards and a small goodie as usual.

Well, except my mom, the diabetic, who tells me just two days prior not to give her candy (for the woman who has little resistance to buying it for herself anyhow), as if I hadn't already bought anything for them all, but just a very small token gift for that reason. At least I got her a good card if that's all I'm able to give her as requested. Wish sugar free Valentine's candy was more of a thing.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-13-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #9
Leo656
The Franchise

Might go to Red Lobster if I get out of work early enough.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #10
Roseangelo
Emperor

I am flying to LA for a Doctor Who convention.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:27 AM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Typical gifts are chocolate and a card. There's three separate days in this area of the globe. There's Valentine's, where girls give to boys. White Day comes on March 14th, where boys give to girls. And then there's Black Day on April 14th, where if you didn't receive anything, you have to eat some kind of special dinner. I think it's noodles or something, I dunno.
Thats pretty damn interesting
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

I wouldn't even notice Valentine's Day if it wasn't for social media and such every time this day comes each year. So to me it's just a regular day like any other. I don't do anything special on it.

I also think single people shouldn't let V-Day affect them nor should couples feel sorry for single people.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Working on Valentine's is not fun. Not because of not doing anything special With my partner, but the constant wave of straight men who's all panicing about what to buy. "Gotta appease the old ball and chain" and "Don't wanna sleep in the dog house tonight", and the other same tired old jokes.

and we're sold out on heart shaped chocolate, the horror...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #14
Powder
Salami Origami

I'm the happiest I've ever been, spending the day with my best friend turned partner, who got me the NECA turtles as a V-day gift!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:04 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Is that when Ghostbusters 2 predicted the world would end or was it last year?
Nope. That was Feb 14, 2016.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #16
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Spoiler tag because of rant. Please skip over if you are not in the mood for wild thoughts.

Spoiler:
I secretly despise all holidays. Donít get me wrong I like getting gifts and giving them. I also like seeing people happy. The real me doesnít want the calendar to decide what days to show love and appreciation. Or advertisers to tell me in what ways are best appropriate to show that love and appreciation. You ever notice that most holidays surround material goods. What if I feel love most being in silence with a friend watching the sunrise. Okay crazy forest person rant completed. I really am normal. I promise.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Stayed home with the animals all day. Attempted to make a spellbook for D&D, and my inner jury is out on that.

Also, tomorrow is my youngest brothers's 21st birthday, but he's stuck in Connecticut after Navy boot camp didn't work out for him, so it might be another week before he's home.