The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #3081
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I finally beat an area of a game I was having trouble on.

And now I'm pretty sufficiently close to the end of the game.

...Now I need to get the freaking minecart on the right track
Lemme guess... Myst, or one of its sequels, or something like it?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #3082
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Obduction, still. Which is by the same company. And has a lot of the same bullsh*t, like overly complicated puzzles.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #3083
Vegita-San
Emperor

upgraded all monitors to 32"s.

was going to go 4K. but there are no good 4k pc dvd players yet.

42 is wayy to big.

27 seems smaller after you get used to 32.

god, first world problems indeed.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #3084
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Got off work early today! Kind of glad, since it gives me time to hunt for some new pants. My current pair have developed holes where the stuff in my pockets wore through the outer material when I have to lean out the window at the drive through to reach those idiots who park too far away. First world issues, I know, but....

As a side note, only one week until the jr duckie comes to visit!! So happy we finally get to see her after 8 years. I have even been looking for a good song we can dance to together, and plan to show her the pics of me and my mom when we both took dance classes. We are going out to eat with them while they are here, and I told my mom in case she wants to see her too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #3085
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In a bittersweet happy, I got my two foster cats into the adoption center today. And then met two different cats that were so, so tempting to bring home.

One ten year old black cat with brown spots in one eye, who was the biggest, fluffiest cat I've ever seen. She was huge.

And the other was a tortie with one eye and crinkly-curled up ears who acted really disappointed when we had to stop petting her to put my two cats in the kennel.

Finally, one of our cats at home who was unwell last night and some of today seems to be doing better. He didn't budge much when I petted him during the day, but just now he was up and about. Which is good.
The trouble is he's been worse off than our oldest cat as of late. Who I'm still pretty certain of calling the "Betty White" of our cats.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #3086
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Store finally closed for good today. Was a fast three crazy months. But it was nice seeing some old former employees stop in today to visit the place one last time and come say hi to those of us still there.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #3087
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I saw some apartment rooms with my boyfriend today. And while it's probably a bit too expensive for us, it's a start.

Just for fun, we looked at ideas for furniture.

And to top it off, I'm going to talk to my cousin about being an intern at the local museum she runs in Ohio. In retrospect, "internship" "local museum" and "Ohio" sounds really boring all combined together, but I think it will be great for me (and my portfolio.)

Plus, it might give me an excuse to take my boyfriend on an airplane for the first time.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #3088
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A plus side to your store closing and having to literally dismantle everything - like literally taking every cabinet, display, etc apart, breaking the frigging clothing racks into pieces... I did not expect this - is scavenging for stuff you can take home.

I'm surprised we haven't found much in the way of lost money and loose change. (The best I've done is a a dime and a few pennies, though the guy moving the fine jewelry counters found a dollar and some change adding up to over $2. AND gold earrings, from that dept.) Although looking through all the lost/separated bits and pieces of cheaper jewelry under displays and in a drawer below it, I've at least come up with a number of pairs of earrings and three rings. All cheap stuff, but hey, it's freebies that would just be thrown out otherwise.

And a whole bunch of more office supply type stuff was up for the taking today, so we got to go through all that and I ended up bringing home a bunch of organizer bins, Sharpie markers, the cork board from HR, etc. Even found a nice mid size metal bucket in one of the many storage closets.

Heck, even one of the display pieces I'd wanted (albeit I wish there were two) turned up and ended up with it free, rather then the $40 a piece they were when I missed out before.

Also... The people who bought the large safe from the fine jewelry counter, which I was told weighs at least a couple thousand pounds (thank god someone bought it, I'm not sure what WE would have managed to do with it!) came to get it today. Around 3pm we're all pretty much worn out and have given up doing much of anything...and everyone is just kind of hanging around watching these people try to get this safe, because as the buyer, it's entirely up to them to take it out. (They actually managed to get it outside, but too bad I was leaving before they got it somehow up into their truck... I'm not quite sure how well that would pan out with the ramps they had. Hopefully no one got hurt.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-12-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #3089
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Got off work a bit early today, which was good because it gave me a chance to get a few things ready for when the "duckling" comes to visit tomorrow. That's right, tomorrow is the big day! So happy to finally get to see her again! It's been eight years, and she was so young then that she doesn't remember us. So it will be like meeting for the first time.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #3090
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Aww, congrats Duckie ! It's so cool you're getting this opportunity!
And who knows, maybe once she gets older, you'll have more chances. Maybe even after she's old enough to fly on her own.

I just got some further clarification on my own "family reunion". That being spending four months in Ohio helping my cousin with the Baltimore Community Museum, which she's the director of. She asked me to be an intern designer for her.

So, not only will I get to be with that side of my family waaaay longer than I ever have before, but it will also give me some actual professional experience that can go in a resume and portfolio. And I'll finally get to meet my cousin's little boy. He's fifteen months old now .

The big thing is that I'm starting in two weeks.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #3091
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Waffles.
Tonight's dinner consisted of home-made savory waffles with a very tall glass of some very nice red wine.

Just what I needed.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #3092
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

What...kind of red wine?

I imagine it would be tricky to pair with waffles. But I can kind of see how it would work.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:24 AM   #3093
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've not had savory waffles but something savory with Red would likely be a happy maker to me too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #3094
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The weather finally being awesome on this side. We waited frigging long enough, that's for sure.

Although it's a little annoying that almost the first 1/3rd of spring ends up wasted still so chilly and well below normal most days, and suddenly now nature is like, "Screw it, lets do SUMMER!" and hit the low 80s. Can't really complain, love the low 80s, just wish spring still existed.

Happy maker... when shipping looks like it's going to be really quick (like two days) now that Amazon sent it out.

Although, it says arriving my 8pm tomorrow, but...that's Sunday. Hm. Curious how that is going to work since it's coming by USPS. Maybe they'll drop it off at the local Amazon and they'll bring it to me by one of their own vans? I've seen Amazon vans in the area once in a great while, but I figured that was just stuff that came from the local facility in the first place.

Bonus for making me laugh - Saw on Amazon women's lace trimmed "boxer briefs" (though I think these actually qualify more as boy shorts) that have... pockets. "Deep Side Pockets on both sides that are large enough to hold a phone."

Hang on, I need to get my phone.

*makes it awkward by digging into her pants for it*

Yeah... maybe a pad or tampon would be better kept in those pockets. Or money you don't need to remove publicly. Some of the colors/patterns are kinda cute, but not for $30 a pair!

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-14-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #3095
newfan
Mad Scientist

Finally Supernatural is back today, season probably nearing the end in the US, but we have it. Wouldn't mind Lucifer too UK please.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #3096
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This made me happy.

Spoiler:

I just love their products! They taste so good!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #3097
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol @ the fact that I knew it was Stouffer's upon only seeing the image, before I dragged the lower scroll bar to the right to see the rest of the box.

Not had much of their stuff for a while though. Do they still make the Paninis? Don't think I've spotted them in the stores for a while. (Granted I haven't looked closely.) Used to love a couple of those. And I miss when they had that points program.

Happy maker... Well, even if, as I figured, nothing was meant to be, I'd at least wished I'd known what that nice security guy's name was, and through conversations between coworkers a few days ago about various people who have worked there I at least was able to catch on that he was a Mike. And via other conversations today caught on that, as I pretty much figured, he's likely taken (or so I have to assume) and has a young daughter.

Ah well, next life. I did/do think that was a little bit of a Leo type right there in some way, and one woman's comments about him today kind of supported that. A rarer breed me thinks... I'm just impressed some inner radar caught on like it did. I could very well have possibly have gotten into that one had I gotten there first, but whoever has him is a lucky lady.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #3098
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Happy maker... Well, even if, as I figured, nothing was meant to be, I'd at least wished I'd known what that nice security guy's name was, and through conversations between coworkers a few days ago about various people who have worked there I at least was able to catch on that he was a Mike. And via other conversations today caught on that, as I pretty much figured, he's likely taken (or so I have to assume) and has a young daughter.

Ah well, next life. I did/do think that was a little bit of a Leo type right there in some way, and one woman's comments about him today kind of supported that. A rarer breed me thinks... I'm just impressed some inner radar caught on like it did. I could very well have possibly have gotten into that one had I gotten there first, but whoever has him is a lucky lady.
Awh sorry Indigo, though having a child doesn't always mean you are partnered it's safe to assume this in a lot of cases (esp with young children) You never know who will come along on a new path.

Last edited by newfan; 04-18-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:00 AM   #3099
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It might just be for a day or two, but we've rescued another stray cat.

We're not going to foster him - probably going to hook him up with one of the ladies we've fostered for.

But I freaking love this cat. He's so friendly and chill. And has big ol paws. He's super skinny right now, but if he's paws are any indicator, he's meant to be a big'un.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #3100
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

story o me life. either the people i would like to get to know better are too young, closer to 25 than 35, or are already hitched. or out of state and un available.

at this rate, It's easier to become a monk. stay silent all day and drink as my barber used to say.

Barbra bush was a lucky one. true love at 16 and 75 years of marriage. that's what I was hoping for....but it didn't work out.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote