The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #261
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

can someone explain me the turtle comic story line,,,,I started with this new tales of tmnt thats that about valomues'¿¿¿

float like a butter fly sting like a bee
Daniel Orduna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #262
Venom
Space Knight

Which one? Mirage, Image, Dreamwave, Archie?

Mirage is pretty straightforward: You learn the Turtles origins, their quest to avenge Master Yoshi's death, Shredder's death and subsequent resurrection, trials and tribulations of dealing with the Foot clan causing them to leave their home in the sewers and seek refuge, ultimately settling at Casey's grandmothers farmhouse in MA, to the return to New York to face the Shredder once and for all, to the fallout of New York's criminal underworld going to war in light of the Shredder's death.

Then you have a mish-mash of stand alone stories, wacky antics, reinterpretations, etc.

Volume Two picks up after #62 and chronicles the Turtles' lives after the fall of the Shredder. Their somewhat older and beginning to drift. The Triceratons try to invade the earth, and Baxter is a badass killer cyborg.

Volume 3, otherwise known as the Image run, picks up continuity after Volume 2 #13 and sees the Turtles' undergo drastic changes both superficially and in their lives. The mob makes bigger grounds in the underworld, Splinter becomes a bat and Raph takes up the mantle of the Shredder for a bit. The series was left unconcluded and is being given a proper wrap up by the Drome's own Andrew Modeen, along with Image writer Gary Carlson.

Volume 4 picks up in 2001 and ignores Volume 3, and sees the Utroms make their presence known to humans. Aliens and humans mingle...

Sorry man, I'm getting tired and my brain is getting off kilter. I'll either finish this up later if no one else picks it up.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #263
Honeycutt
Random Punk

Complete Carnage and Radical

Does anyone know how the turtles came to know Complete Carnage and Radical? In Tales V1 #5, when the duo makes their appearance in the city, one of the turtles says to April: "Hey! I know these two ... He's a BAD guy!" I would assume the only other meeting between them at that time would be the one Raph and Casey had in the short back-up story (TMNT V1 #3 reprint), but that was published several months after Tales V1 #5. To boot, they react to Complete Carnage as if they know of him even there ("Complete Carnage? Oh crap!") - unless that was just a reaction to his bad-ass name.

So what's the story here? Short story back-up takes place first, then Raph recognizes him in the van with April in "Tales"? Or are these two characters some kind of comic-hero-and-villain-come-to-life, like the Justice Force? I just can't get past the fact that every time they appear, the turtles seem to know who they are already.
Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #264
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Which one? Mirage, Image, Dreamwave, Archie?

Mirage is pretty straightforward: You learn the Turtles origins, their quest to avenge Master Yoshi's death, Shredder's death and subsequent resurrection, trials and tribulations of dealing with the Foot clan causing them to leave their home in the sewers and seek refuge, ultimately settling at Casey's grandmothers farmhouse in MA, to the return to New York to face the Shredder once and for all, to the fallout of New York's criminal underworld going to war in light of the Shredder's death.

Then you have a mish-mash of stand alone stories, wacky antics, reinterpretations, etc.

Volume Two picks up after #62 and chronicles the Turtles' lives after the fall of the Shredder. Their somewhat older and beginning to drift. The Triceratons try to invade the earth, and Baxter is a badass killer cyborg.

Volume 3, otherwise known as the Image run, picks up continuity after Volume 2 #13 and sees the Turtles' undergo drastic changes both superficially and in their lives. The mob makes bigger grounds in the underworld, Splinter becomes a bat and Raph takes up the mantle of the Shredder for a bit. The series was left unconcluded and is being given a proper wrap up by the Drome's own Andrew Modeen, along with Image writer Gary Carlson.

Volume 4 picks up in 2001 and ignores Volume 3, and sees the Utroms make their presence known to humans. Aliens and humans mingle...

Sorry man, I'm getting tired and my brain is getting off kilter. I'll either finish this up later if no one else picks it up.
and why does peter hates venus¿
and in what volume does mike becames a father

Old 12-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #265
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Orduna View Post
and why does peter hates venus¿
Because he feels making a female Turtle cheapens the TMNT (removes their isolationism and enables them to propagate their race) and is "creatively bankrupt."

Quote:
and in what volume does mike becames a father
4. But he might not be the father.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #266
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Because he feels making a female Turtle cheapens the TMNT (removes their isolationism and enables them to propagate their race) and is "creatively bankrupt."

4. But he might not be the father.
ty men ,muchas grs,
do u knoe where can I buy the issue of mike maybe be a father and can u explain me what happend¿

Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #267
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

What is the "cheapest" way to get your comics graded? Is it worth investing in a membership with CGC? Take them to comic cons or local shop?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #268
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

No membership needed. Just go to their website and find the partners that they use. If you fill out the forms through one of those sites (such as ebay) you can get 10% off. Then you print out the forms, mail it direct to CGC along with the book(s) and your check, then they mail the graded books back to you. Shipping can be a bit steep unfortunately, both ways.

If you can go to a con where they are at, you can actually get on-site grading, where they grade your books before the con weekend is over. That way you save shipping both ways. Also, if they are simply at a con, but NOT grading, you can drop it off with them, and save shipping to them (but you still pay to get it back). All of these ways, still require the forms to be submitted with the books.

Realistically, though, there really is NOT a way to cheaply grade books, so if you decide to do it, you're probably better off sending in books that look as close to mint as possible. This way you get more "value" out of the books, in potential re-sell dollars. But if these are just for your collection, or protection, then I guess that doesnt really matter.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #269
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

Thanks, Danny.. I will have to look into it again once con season rolls around.. Do they grade at all cons? Or do you have to inquire about it ahead of time?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #270
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

No prob!

And no, they are not at all cons, but they do go to most of the major ones. Check their website and they will show their schedule (and wether they will be doing on site gradeing, or if they are just there and you can drop off your books)
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #271
Honeycutt
Random Punk

Human/turtle relationships

I did a little research and I think I've arrived at the answer to my last question. Not that anyone was gonna from the looks of it, but there's no need to answer post #263 now.

I do wonder about one thing, though - also Radical-related - and that's Peter's rule about no relationships between humans and turtles. If he made this rule and enforced it so fervently, why are Leo and Radical clearly involved in the "Swan Song" issue of Tales v2?
Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 AM   #272
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

I still dont get tales of the tmnt story lone in num 60 raph is a dinosaur and in 61 is normal again, can anyone please explain me,

Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #273
Ash
Thug

Quote:
I still dont get tales of the tmnt story lone in num 60 raph is a dinosaur and in 61 is normal again, can anyone please explain me,
Each issue of Tales Of The TMNT generally takes place in a different time period. Issue 60 takes place during the Mirage Volume 4 era when Raph has mutated due to infection. Issue 61 takes place either before or long after that preiod - not sure when as I don't have the issue to hand.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 AM   #274
Daniel Orduna
Hench Mutant

why they do that

Old 12-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #275
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
why they do that
The entire point of Tales is to showcase different random points in the Turtles' lives. The events are not chronological.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #276
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

So I got a question that may have been asked before don't stone me if so. What do you guys use to frame your art prints of TMNT that are sized 11x17? I was thinking about getting some frames for the ones I have but wasn't sure how to go about it as in what are good frames in price and durability. Thanks in advance dromers
Old 01-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #277
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
So I got a question that may have been asked before don't stone me if so. What do you guys use to frame your art prints of TMNT that are sized 11x17? I was thinking about getting some frames for the ones I have but wasn't sure how to go about it as in what are good frames in price and durability. Thanks in advance dromers
*chucks rocks* Haven't you ever heard of an arts and crafts store man?

*flings a few more* Like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc?

Lol, jk man. Anyhoo, yeah, just check around amy stores in your area that stock art supplies/home decor items. Heck, maybe even Target and Wal-Mart (never go back to those areas in the store, myself) stock them. If you want you could also find someone local that does custom framework, but I'm not sure about pricing. Depends on what you want really.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #278
odupianist
Mad Scientist

There are some good and simple frames at Michaels that are 11x17 where the glass comes out of the front and just pops right back in. It's simple. There's no excess frame that might cover up the edges of the drawing either.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #279
Vivi
Mad Scientist

What alias names (if any) do the tmnt use when in contact with other people?
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #280
ToTheNines
[sic]

Do issues 1 through 4 of Plastron Cafe totally cover "Casey Jones - North by Downeast"? or just the first issue of that?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions