The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #2061
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That is cool! And grats on your work getting such use, sounds like a great opportunity if you can do more.

Seeing something on eBay that you'd liked for awhile, but was always listed for more than you cared to spend on it ($25 for a pre-owned shirt, like new or not I don't think so) and finally spotting it relisted for cheaper ($11.99 or best offer)... but with other spending lately can't really justify buying yourself stuff right now so you just stick it on FB as a cheapish gift idea...then later see that your sister 'liked' it and the eBay listing appears to have ended not long after she did... Hmmm maybe.

Edit: It's this Turtles football-like jersey shirt. I keep wishing that my job would tell us we can wear jerseys on Super Bowl weekend, and I'd totally wear that instead of one for a real team.
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-18-2016 at 06:02 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #2062
Powder
So tired of this place

I had a nice day. Tensions have been high in my personal life but today went relatively smoothly & even had some added benefits (such as being gifted the new Kirby game!).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #2063
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
A weekend of family and face-stuffing. Had our annual family Thanksgiving/multi-birthday get together this weekend so lots of good food and seeing relatives. Dad has been a putz as usual but I have managed to stay away from him mostly.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #2064
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

These suits. Why do these exist? Because of an early Black Friday sales event this evening at work they told us we could dress festive. (I didn't, don't really own much holiday stuff and it's lucky I can even manage getting dressed in general at 5:30am.) A co-worker wore the suit in the middle, along with a Santa hat. Quite a sight, no way you can miss him. lol But really it actually was kind of cute on him though.

Bonus happy maker, the sales event is 6pm to 10 and I just got off work at 3. Though I hate being in at 7am on Sundays, at least I don't have to endure the madness tonight. And I have the next two days off to rest up before all hell breaks loose.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #2065
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Turns out there is a whole different cut of a Ninjago TV special. Their gonna release it but its only in Chinese apparently. It was also animated by a different studio. I can't wait to see what they actually have for it. But it was announced so unexpectedly and I'm seriously hyped for it.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #2066
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Adendum to earlier. So we have a houseguest in the shape of Demona, our kitty who has been living with my mom. They have a bad rat problem and are putting poison under their house to get rid of them- the rats have been chewing through the wiring to the point that there are whole chunks missing. Since she has been a mostly outdoor cat and often goes under the house to get out of the weather, they need a place for her to stay while they deal with rhe rats. There are already two indoor kitties there and she still has full claws where they don't. So meantine she gets to stay with us and if it works out she may stay permanently. The only hard part will be whether or not our resident kitty Angel learns to get along with her.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #2067
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spent a lot of time with my mom today. We got me some new pajamas, and finished a puzzle that we started with my grandmother yesterday.

Also, I made a s*itpost out of something I saw in her house. Just thought George Washington's face peering out in art made of (fake???) money to be pretty funny.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #2068
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

My grandparents are in town for Thanksgiving (though I have to work most of the time which is a bummer) and we finally can tell the world that my wife and I are expecting our 2nd child!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:02 PM   #2069
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Congrats. I hear Kevin is a great name. Not Kevin Jr. Just Kevin.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #2070
Powder
So tired of this place

I've made some new friends recently & last night two of them surprised me with drawings & video games as birthday gifts. Really thoughtful. & an older friend got me a figure I wanted, too. My family doesn't really celebrate holidays anymore & my "real life" friends are too far away to link up with on short notice, so I just tend to ignore these sorta events. But between Facebook posts & my "internet friends" gestures, I'm feeling a bit spirited. Standard pals aside, it was also really cool to wake up to well wishes from some TMNT talents. + given the meal for my 26th year will be thanksgiving feast, today may be pretty nice after all.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #2071
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While I'm not 'thankful' for political Christmas ornaments (esp not pro-Trump ones), but the reviews are worth the read: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N67D8HO..._PnYnybCV47BWS

(Unless you're pro-Trump, but I suppose you could try to counter it with your own joke review as one person attempted to.)

So I'm thankful for people's sense of humor and wit.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #2072
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yesterday I found the ONLY human Karai figure my area WM had after they restocked for the sales. Grabbed her and almost picked up an Armmagon but was limited on cash so I left him. Was hoping for the movie 2 April and maskless Casey but alas no luck there. Still I've seen Karai going for 20$+ on ebay and Amazon so 8$ is better than I could get if I'd just ordered one like I had been thinking of doing. This is the first time they have even had any of the new figs so I got lucky!

Old 11-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #2073
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Congrats. I hear Kevin is a great name. Not Kevin Jr. Just Kevin.
Already been done...but Kevin the Third, not Just Kevin.

Also. Happy Birthday, Powder. Glad it's been a good one.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #2074
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I got to hold my snake for the first time in months. As always, he was cold because he preferred sleeping to getting some heat under his lamp, and spent half the time up my sleeve.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #2075
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cool. I like snakes but would worry that the cat(s) would go after one. Or if it got big enough, it might go after THEM. Plus I have no space for a tank to keep one in. Maybe if it was a small one, but I could never take it out to play with it. I think I'll just stick with my kitties they are more fun to play with- and cuddle lol!

Old 11-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #2076
Powder
So tired of this place

Got that figure (birthday gift from friend) in the mail, & hopped online to find someone wanted a commission. Off to a decent start.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #2077
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Cool. I like snakes but would worry that the cat(s) would go after one. Or if it got big enough, it might go after THEM. Plus I have no space for a tank to keep one in. Maybe if it was a small one, but I could never take it out to play with it. I think I'll just stick with my kitties they are more fun to play with- and cuddle lol!
I have a ball python. Even though he's three feet long, the cats are a greater danger to him - even the kitten my mom is watching. We've had him for about almost ten years now. I spent a year learning and saving my money to get a snake, and finally did in spring of 2007. My parents supported me getting a snake, but they wanted me to be absolutely sure and ready. I almost got a corn snake, but my mom vetoed it because she was worried about it becoming cat food.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:46 PM   #2078
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Store manager grilled a bunch of hotdogs and burgers for us for lunch at the store. Plus mixed fruit and chips he or someone brought in. We had subs on Friday, but didn't expect anything further this weekend, so that was nice.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #2079
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Happy that the girls are finally starting to act civil with each other. Got them close enough to sniff noses, and brushed and scratched them both together. Even got some purrs out of Angel in spite of Demona being two feet away. They seem to have settled some differences- Demona has claimed the recliner and Angel claims- uh the rest of the house. Gave 'mona the cat bed since Angel won't use it. Angel's food and water bowls are HERS, and 'mona's bowls are on loan- Angel feels they are fair game when Demona is not using them, but she guards hers very closely. She definitely has issues sharing lol!

Old 11-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #2080
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So... my grandfather's old 1980-something Jeep Comanche truck... It was pretty much the only thing we had of my grandfather's and had stayed here in the family. It had been given to my brother-in-law at some point and for a while it had been kept at some storage unit they have. Apparently, unknown to me, he'd frigging sold the thing to some teenager some months ago. Which I'm kind of mad about because it was supposed to stay in the family and not a word was ever even said to me which is for me an instant loss of respect for certain people who did this or knew about it and never said anything. (They still have some old van over there they had used for their attempt at having a band, yet they got rid of the truck instead??)

The happy maker in this though, to a limited extent, is that friends of my sister and brother-in-law somehow happened to come across it listed on Craigslist, recognized it, and went and talked the kid down in price (since there is appanetly a bad engine issue now) and took it home. Still rather sad over this knowledge , but at least it is with people who are known to us and are Jeep people, and grateful that they cared enough to go rescue it from who knows what other fate. I just wish it was with family, if not us.

The first vehicle I was ever behind the wheel of, when they thought they'd try to teach me at 14 how to drive stick shift on my grandparent's property. Two years before I could even have a license.