The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #1541
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Bummer. I can understand why they didn't sell well outside the US, if Australia is anything to go by. The few retailers that carried them were charging between $150 and $200. That's a lot for a 6" figure, no matter how good it is.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #1542
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Man this sucks!!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #1543
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I saw Leo on eBay from Japan. Somebody get ahold of the mold or what? Asking price is $375.00.
There are at least four on eBay right now from Japan. But they are all preorders.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #1544
Chris
Mad Scientist

Sucks to see another line not make it past the 4 Turtles. Sounds like the price killed these. I know you get what you pay for with Figuarts but these were higher than normal due to the die cast parts.

Is it really too much to ask for a decent 6" line with a reasonable amount of supporting characters and villains at a reasonable price? Shrink down the DreamEx line to 6" and I'd be all in. Same for an IDW based line.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #1545
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is it really too much to ask for a decent 6" line with a reasonable amount of supporting characters and villains at a reasonable price?
Apparently it is. Kaiyodo couldn't do it, Bandai have fizzled out and Playmates shat themselves by not releasing Shredder & Krang and just went for more Turtle variants. Seems like only NECA can pull their thumb out of their ass and actually make more figures then just the Turtles, they're slow due to con exclusive restrictions but we've gotten a lot from them and more is coming.

Some of the biggest crimes is that we'll never see a SHF April and Rvoltech Foot, Karai & Shredder
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #1546
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Apparently it is. Kaiyodo couldn't do it, Bandai have fizzled out and Playmates shat themselves by not releasing Shredder & Krang and just went for more Turtle variants. Seems like only NECA can pull their thumb out of their ass and actually make more figures then just the Turtles, they're slow due to con exclusive restrictions but we've gotten a lot from them and more is coming.

Some of the biggest crimes is that we'll never see a SHF April and Rvoltech Foot, Karai & Shredder
Preach! RevolTech wave 2 would have been a dream for me.

On one hand I get the import lines not taking off as they are expensive (quality is worth it though). But the domestic (US) license is a mess. It really has to be one of the most mishandled licenses at this point. TMNT is practically begging for a Marvel Legends style collectors line - a solid line (aim at collectors but not too high end) at a reasonable price point sold at retail and covering all the major and supporting characters. NECA have done amazing work with their Mirage and OT figures but to anyone living outside the US the cost is obscene due to the convention exclusive limitations forced on them by the license.

Does anyone actually know how long Playmates has the license for and when it's up for renewal? I'm kinda hoping that with the end of the current show and the start of a new one Nick/Viacom can renegotiate a little so the contract isn't so iron clad. Maybe give Playmates exclusive rights to the new show but then allow someone else (NECA, Hasbro, whoever) rights to do a collector series based on older media.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #1547
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Of course the line gets cancelled after the four turtles are released...ugh.

Though with Bandai being notorious for cancelling lines, I'm not surprised. It's just like their Power Rangers Figuarts line. They got the 'core characters' out (the six Rangers;seven with White Ranger), but after that, it was done.

People were asking for Bandai to make villains like Goldar or Lord Zedd for the Power Rangers Figuarts and even had a poll for the next team people wanted made, but again, things sold well in U.S., but not worldwide.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:43 AM   #1548
Blomberg
Random Punk

Ah man that sucks....
Blomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #1549
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm going to continue hoping they do decide to release Shredder someday, but in the meantime... man, I'm happier than ever I ordered that NECA convention pack. It has all the more value now in light of this news.

For me though, this news is not only about Shredder... i was REALLY hoping we would get a SHF Splinter. Splinter continues to get overlooked as a figure anytime a good company picks up the license.

I own all four Revo Nick turtles, all four SHF turtles, and all four NECA toon turtles (from the SDCC pack), and adore all of them.

NECA... please give us a Splinter someday!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:06 PM   #1550
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm going to continue hoping they do decide to release Shredder someday, but in the meantime... man, I'm happier than ever I ordered that NECA convention pack. It has all the more value now in light of this news.

For me though, this news is not only about Shredder... i was REALLY hoping we would get a SHF Splinter. Splinter continues to get overlooked as a figure anytime a good company picks up the license.

I own all four Revo Nick turtles, all four SHF turtles, and all four NECA toon turtles (from the SDCC pack), and adore all of them.

NECA... please give us a Splinter someday!
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! We need a nice highly articulated Splinter. Please NECA.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #1551
DVD
Mad Scientist

It’s two weeks till the Shanghai Comic Con.
I’ll hopefuly find out something first hand about their Shredder.
Like everyone else, I’m expecting this to show up.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 PM   #1552
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Sewer Den‏ @TheSewerDen 12h12 hours ago

Asked a rep at Bandai what's the scoop with the TMNT Shredder figure. Seems like it's in limbo ��
Old 10-08-2017, 01:54 AM   #1553
CyberCubed
Overlord

This feels like the same thing that happened with NECA in 2008 where Shredder/Foot Soldier/Elite Guard didn't see the light of day till nearly a decade later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #1554
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I was so disappointed at the lack of continuation of the line that I just sold my four because for my purposes just having four Turtles is pretty much useless.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #1555
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
It’s two weeks till the Shanghai Comic Con.
I’ll hopefuly find out something first hand about their Shredder.
Like everyone else, I’m expecting this to show up.
I posted this a few pages back- Shredder was cancelled but Bluefin is trying to make it as a comic con exclusive. They told me the chances are VERY slim though.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:41 AM   #1556
DVD
Mad Scientist

Aha!!! Sorry, I hadn’t seen that, and yes: the more I looked into this with the people I know, it’s not looking likely unfortunately.
Looks like the 4 bros is, well, it.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:58 AM   #1557
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
I saw Leo on eBay from Japan. Somebody get ahold of the mold or what? Asking price is $375.00.
I see Leo all the time. I'm pretty sure he is on Amazon too.
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:04 AM   #1558
Blomberg
Random Punk

Just ordered Donnie and Mikey, can't wait
Blomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #1559
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Got all 4 finally, lucked out and got Leo and Don for $35 at Barnes and Noble a month or two ago. They do indead look so much better with all 4 together! I am happy I bought them

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #1560
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Bigbadtoystore's Black Friday sale have all four turtles for $39.99
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote