The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

"TMNT" 10 Year Anniversary

A decade ago, Kevin Munroe's TMNT hit theaters. I remember pre-ordering tickets for me and my friends the second they were available, only to find the theater hosting about 10 other people that we surely annoyed with our sophomore buffoonery.

Gonna pop this one in the blu ray player after work. It has aged horribly for me and I've grown to mostly hate it, so this is going to be the last time I watch it for a very long while. But it's a day worth commemorating.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #2
snake
Disgusting

I remember seeing it in theatres and forgetting about it for awhile until 2013, when I watched it again. It's not a masterpiece, but I appriciate the effort to try something new. The Nightwatcher stuff and Raph vs Leo is enough to solidify the movie's existance for me.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
Allio
Foot Elite

Went to go see the movie with a friend, enjoyed it.

despite the "A" plot being mediocre at best, the "B" plot I felt more than made up for it as it gave "conclusion" to the whole Raphael/leonardo thing that has always been building up.

Still second best film.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #4
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Their hearts were in the right place, but Munroe just couldn't pull off the script. I think he was a bit creatively hamstrung on the story by Laird. The loose connection to the original movies was cool, the look of the animation was nice... that Leo/Raph fight was incredibly beautiful. Overall, the movie just didn't work for me.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite

I went to see the film, found it very average. I remember in the run up to the film Channel 4 hosting a competition to win lots of TMNT goodies like the video game. The competition was fixed due to people using hacks so no chance of me winning.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I applaud the use of Nightwatcher, and that excellent Leo/Raph fight. Great choreography in general. Excellent music. In terms of script, though, it fluctuated from interesting to contrived to absolutely absurd on a dime.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote