The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Shazam! movie news

Quote:
Dwayne Johnson, the actor formerly known as "The Rock," confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he will play the villainous Black Adam in the upcoming Shazam! movie, and not the superhero Captain Marvel—a choice he made at the urging of fans at Comic-Con and elsewhere.

"And talking to those fans down there, they had talked up to me about, you know, 'There's also this great character called Black Adam,'" Johnson said in an interview while promoting his upcoming SF movie Southland Tales. "I said, 'Oh, really? Tell me about it.' And they were telling me all about it. And I got some more history about Black Adam, and I just found Black Adam, just for me personally, more interesting to play. He's really a badass character. I love that."

Black Adam is a super human who is the flipside of Captain Marvel, according to Wikipedia. "When I was doing the junket for the Game Plan, someone had asked me about Shazam! again, and I said, 'Well, to be honest with you, ... what I would like to see is for the fans to decide who they would like me to play,'" Johnson said, adding: "Considering how passionate the fans are about this, I said, 'I don't believe it's up to the studio or the director or myself.' So there's [Captain Marvel]. And there's Black Adam. And I said, 'So, you guys let me know who?' And across the board, it was all Black Adam."

Shazam!, based on the classic DC Comics series, centers on Billy Batson, a young boy who gains the ability to transform into the superhero Captain Marvel by saying the magic word 'Shazam!'

Johnson's Get Smart helmer Peter Segal will direct Shazam!, which is written by John August (Corpse Bride). Johnson said that August turned in his most recent draft of the script on Nov. 2 in advance of an impending writers' strike. Shooting is expected to take place in late 2008, after Johnson completes his role in Disney's upcoming Witch Mountain.
Booya!! The Rock is Black Adam!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
Magneto
Foot Soldier

Great! He's a much better fit with Adam than he would have been as the big red cheese.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

I was looking at the list of movies coming out next year and discovered that this film now has a different name. Billy Batson and the Legend of Shazam. WTF?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0448115/
Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.newsarama.com/35421-repo...-attached.html

Shazam starts shooting in February and... no more Rock? This is very puzzling on a number of levels.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Looks like confirmed:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/shaza...k-adam-a152631
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
Vegita-San
Emperor

'"And talking to those fans down there, they had talked up to me about, you know,''

seems like a weird thing to say.

but, whatever.

I doubt a super light hearted seeming character like shazam would fit well in the DC Murder verse. in the animated series, they show billy as even more boyscout than superman.

that won't fit in well.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:09 PM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

...uh-huh.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Oh, I assumed he'd just put on some muscle ala Chris Pratt and would only be playing Shazaam and some other kid would be playing Billy.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Looks pretty good.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckam!, edgelordsliketags, sjwazam!