Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #41
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08bolLn04cc

Check out the crowd reaction to the TMNT reveal. As a fan in general, it's really cool to see.

And yes, loving the Henson TMNT vibe. Fantastic.
Yeah not gonna lie ... I almost got a little little choked up seeing that. It's genuinely heartwarming to see reactions like this to something you're a huge fan of.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #42
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I haven't played the game due to lack of PS4 but do Cold and Freeze play exactly the same? I kinda hope they don't have one base Turtle you can switch between them as 'different outfits' because then the different weapons would just be 'there', like Zombie Liu Kang's chains that don't really do anything. I'd much rather have Leo as the base and have certain attacks call in the others or temporarily switch the Turtles or something. I mean... what else can they really do if they want to somehow combine 4 characters into one?
Yes, Freeze and Cold play the same. If you wanna look at a premium shader that plays differently, though, there's Bizarro versus Superman. Slightly different (fire breath/ice breath) moves but pretty much the same.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

For those who don't own Injustice 2 yet, you might as well wait a year for them to re-release the game as a collectors edition with all the DLC for free. All fighters are usually re-released a year later with all DLC included on disc, so if you don't have the game already you might as well wait.

That's what I'm going to do.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #44
AquaParade
Banned

That’s probably the sensible thing to do with your money. That said, it would sure be cool if they saw a huge increase in sales right after announcing that the ninja turtles are in the game. Who knows what they may pursue if this is a hit with fans. Remember that rumored rocksteady game?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
That’s probably the sensible thing to do with your money. That said, it would sure be cool if they saw a huge increase in sales right after announcing that the ninja turtles are in the game. Who knows what they may pursue if this is a hit with fans. Remember that rumored rocksteady game?
The Rocksteady rumors were always bullsh**. They're doing Superman.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #46
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I thought I saw a headline just the other day that said the open-world Arkham-style game for Superman was dead in the water
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #47
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I thought I saw a headline just the other day that said the open-world Arkham-style game for Superman was dead in the water
Yeah I did too ... something could always happen at some point, but highly doubtful for the future.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

You won't see any major TMNT game this gen, it takes 2-3 years to even start the groundwork for a new game that isn't a sequel these days.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #49
sdp
-

This doesn't mean there'll be a WB made TMNT game, they also had Freddy/Jason/Alien/Predator/Hellboy as guests in their other fighting games. I mean I wish it were true but TMNT games are doomed to be mobile only, especially after the failure of TMNT Out of the Shadows (the game not the movie).

People being pissed that these guest characters are in the DC or Mortal Kombat games are valid concerns, there are tons of characters from the DC universe that deserve a slot and even MK characters instead of Jason who doesn't fit the mythology so I get pissed too, with this It's an exception to the rule since the fangirl in me overrides it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most important DC characters are in. I'm surprised Martian Manhunter and Batgirl aren't though, as they were in the first game back on PS3.

Other than that...who outside of DC nerds care about those C or D tier superheroes? Does anyone want to see Hawk and Dove? Or Elongated Man? Or Aqualad? WTF.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #51
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This doesn't mean there'll be a WB made TMNT game, they also had Freddy/Jason/Alien/Predator/Hellboy as guests in their other fighting games. I mean I wish it were true but TMNT games are doomed to be mobile only, especially after the failure of TMNT Out of the Shadows (the game not the movie).

People being pissed that these guest characters are in the DC or Mortal Kombat games are valid concerns, there are tons of characters from the DC universe that deserve a slot and even MK characters instead of Jason who doesn't fit the mythology so I get pissed too, with this It's an exception to the rule since the fangirl in me overrides it.
I think you meant TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
Old 11-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #52
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The only DLC characters that do kinda annoy me in Injustice are the Mortal Kombat ones, because... y'know, there's already a whole game for them. I get that it's a callback to MK vs. DC, but I just find it underwhelming in a comic fighting game to not get more comic characters instead.
Yeah, I agree, but I do get why they do it. Apparently, when they used Scorpion as a DLC fighter for the first Injustice, he was one of, if not the, highest downloaded of the paid DLC fighters. So they're figuring, throw in the occasional Mortal Kombat character and make some decent cash out of it. It's still a little irksome, because I'd rather more DC comic characters, but it's hard to hold it against them when they go so far out of their way for these guest fighters.

Quote:
True, but plot armor, but Batman has been shown beating Superman and whatnot before. I love the turtles but Raph can't touch Superman, but you know, whatevs. I mean might as well toss in Kick-Ass in there too and have him whup the snot out of Darkseid.
I usually put fighting games in a special category of "suspension of disbelief" in that I don't think too much on how much more powerful one is supposed to be than the other. Raiden's a god, should Kabal and his chinese hook swords really be able to damage him? Ryu versus Thanos? So stuff like that doesn't bother me, especially when it's guest characters and there's no story involved, so it's not a question that really needs to be answered.

Quote:
Is this the final DLC pack for this game I suppose? There's talk of more coming out in 2018 ... but who knows.
Ed Boon has said they've increased support with each successive game and they want to continue that trend with Injustice 2. So I figure there's one or two more DLC packs coming before it's finished, since three was where Mortal Kombat X stopped, as I recall.

Quote:
It was weird that they threw ill-fated Jackie Earle Haley design in the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X and didn't try to capitalize on using the classic design with the same move set for the console versions.
Yeah, that was a little strange, but I think the reboot was still fresh at the time, which is probably why it happened to start with. I imagine it was popular which is why we got what we did with X. With luck, at least some of them return for a sequel with some new guys.

Quote:
I hope so, because I really want a good Superman game. There was a fair bit of denying that recently, though, so who knows. Could be to throw people off the trail or they could legitimately be working on something else.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #53
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

HOly crap man. I just came across this in my YouTube feed and freaked the hell out. Haven't been all that interested in fighting games for awhilebut I have been casually keeping up with this one because I like the story. I just watched the hellboy game play the other day but I never would've expected this in a million years. I definitely have to pick this up at some point. Also fingers crossed that maybe this could mean the turtles might have some kind of future with wb games. I know people are still hopeful about rocksteady getting the license but I'd settle for the team who did arkham origins
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #54
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most important DC characters are in. I'm surprised Martian Manhunter and Batgirl aren't though, as they were in the first game back on PS3.

Other than that...who outside of DC nerds care about those C or D tier superheroes? Does anyone want to see Hawk and Dove? Or Elongated Man? Or Aqualad? WTF.
No they wanted to see Constantine, Beast Boy, Plastic man, Static, and Rorschach
Old 11-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #55
Zog
Hench Mutant

Quote:

I am both a huge MK and TMNT fan. It does bother me to see guest characters in the MK games, but I understand it may help sell. But for the Injustice games I don't mind the guest characters so much since we have so many different outlets for the DC universe (comics, movies, tv, games, etc.) where as MK only has one (games) relevant one. Plus, at least Hellboy and the TMNT are within the same genre as DC characters and by that I mean comic book characters. The guest characters in MK are simply from horror/sci-fi movies. Now if we got Ryu, Jago, and/or Kazuya as guest characters I would be interested in that. Although I'd still say in-universe MK characters first then those guys

With that said, I did geek out to see this reveal and am excited to play this game even more now. FYI Best Buy will have this game on sale for $19.99 as part of their Black Friday sale. The DLC fighter packs are $19.99 each, individual characters are $5.99, and the ultimate pack which includes all the dlc is $39.99. With this deal you could get the whole game plus all the dlc for $59.98, however if/when they release a "complete edition" my guess is that it would be $40-50. Or if you really just want to play as the TMNT buying the game with this deal plus just the characters would total to $25.98 as long as they follow the price trend.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #56
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think you meant TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan
No I did mean the Out of the Shadows game but Mutants in Manhattan which I forgot about and is a more recent example and proves the point as well ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I don't know who's on injustice already but I would guess there's still A-list and high B-list characters not in the game.

No one wants Hawk and Dove but you can easily make a fighting game with just popular Batman characters, it should be the same here. Batgirl/Manhunter are big omissions for example. I mean is doomsday there yet?

But I do undestand TMNT will sell more DLC packs than say the three above mentioned characters. Which is why they do them. And in this case I"m fine, can't wait to buy the "gold" edition for dirt cheap on steam 2 years from now.

Mortal Kombat characters are also no problem since they already have the models and the game uses the same MK engine so they aren't taking a "slot" away.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #57
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Guest characters always sell better, which was stated multiple times by NRS themselves. Fans need to get used to this fact and stop crying.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #58
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Yeah not gonna lie ... I almost got a little little choked up seeing that. It's genuinely heartwarming to see reactions like this to something you're a huge fan of.
Agree so much!

Unlikely I will ever play this or any related games, but look forward to screen caps and more info. Awesome that they're having another visit with DC (if only they could get into a movie too someday!), very happy to see anything like this that cares to take them seriously like they deserve and put them in that light for the general public!
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #59
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

and they actually look good.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
The DLC fighter packs are $19.99 each, individual characters are $5.99, and the ultimate pack which includes all the dlc is $39.99. With this deal you could get the whole game plus all the dlc for $59.98, however if/when they release a "complete edition" my guess is that it would be $40-50. Or if you really just want to play as the TMNT buying the game with this deal plus just the characters would total to $25.98 as long as they follow the price trend.
Way too expensive. Wait 1 year for the collectors edition with all the DLC included for free to come out. Wait 6 months more and you could get it for $20 on amazon.

Unless you're a hardcore fighting game fan, you should never pick up a new fighter when it comes out. It's a waste of money, since they always add like 10 or so new fighters as DLC that are then added for free when they re-release the game.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut